Legendary, Memorable, Iconic Deal watches!

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Yankeexpress
MoT Member

Post by Yankeexpress »

The Day before Black Friday 2015. It happened to be Thanksgiving Day in the USA, I was watching college Football at a relatives house, waiting for the Turkey to roast when I remembered I had brought my iPad with me, so after checking my emails, I tapped on the Head's Up! Bargain thread and to my Complete Shock RyanD had posted a Discount Code for this watch, bringing the WOW (worldofwatches,com) price down to $489.99! Compeletely stunned, I tapped hard and just missed getting the bracelet version as quicker lucky stiffs had, but I got the blue rubber strap version and I was SuperStoked!

quincas
MoT Member

Re: Legendary, Memorable, Iconic Deal watches!

Post by quincas »

Great thread idea for the "deals" forum!
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

My best was Ashford’s brand new Zenith 36,000 VpH for $3800, with Zenith factory as the dealer and full warranty.

I sold it for more than I paid along with a GS diver to put a big chunk down on a Mustang GT.

Life just doesn’t allow that anymore, so it’s a special memory how that all came to pass. I do have two Seikos that are pricey to me, but the rest are now in the affordables bracket.

Here’s my sales post with pics.

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE ISSUES WHEN YOU GOOGLE A WATCH WITH YOUR USERNAME TO SEE GOOD PICS!

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-ze ... cs/2240481

dr.windsurf

Post by dr.windsurf »

Almost a year ago, just after Christmas, I bought my PADI Turtle for $226 (shipped) after it was posted to the WUS thread - a price I still haven't seen it at again :)

Rblaine
MoT Member

Post by Rblaine »

Black Friday 2016, Edox Hydro Sub North Pole for $383.20 before cash back.
Attachments
Hydrosub_North_pole.jpg
Barry S.
MoT Member

Post by Barry S. »

Yankeexpress wrote:The Day before Black Friday 2015. It happened to be Thanksgiving Day in the USA, I was watching college Football at a relatives house, waiting for the Turkey to roast when I remembered I had brought my iPad with me, so after checking my emails, I tapped on the Head's Up! Bargain thread and to my Complete Shock RyanD had posted a Discount Code for this watch, bringing the WOW (worldofwatches,com) price down to $489.99! Compeletely stunned, I tapped hard and just missed getting the bracelet version as quicker lucky stiffs had, but I got the blue rubber strap version and I was SuperStoked!
]
I came to WUS shortly after this and the photos that you and others posted instantly put that watch on my "must have" list. I had never heard of the Kontiki before! I thought I had missed out but a few months later my luck changed as I checked out the Heads Up! thread at just the right time. I wasted no time in clicking through and the version I was after was mine for a grand total of $460 (if I remember correctly.)
Barry S.
MoT Member

Post by Barry S. »

Well here it is: Perhaps the most legendary deal of all. For me it was also the biggest heartbreak.

I followed this upcoming lightning deal closely, ready to post it in the Heads Up! thread as soon as it went live (if indeed it was actually a good deal.)

When the price came up at $79.99 instead of the obviously intended $799.99 my heart sank. I was not an Amazon Prime member!! I knew that in the time it took me to sign up, the deal would be gone so I watched as the deal was 10%, 20%, 30%,... 100% claimed. (Notice it was already at 20% in only 36 seconds.)

I joined Prime soon after and have been a member since — assuring that no such deal will ever happen again!
DiscoEstScio
MoT Member

Post by DiscoEstScio »

The Lex Tempus closeout in '16 was pretty epic. I scored a brand new Nomos Zurich Braungold for under 50% of list.

A close friend of mine picked a Pam Luminor for $2100 and an IWC Ingy with ceramic bezel for $1700.

They had a stock of MB watches for 75% off list too.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Barry S. wrote:Image
Well here it is: Perhaps the most legendary deal of all. For me it was also the biggest heartbreak.

I followed this upcoming lightning deal closely, ready to post it in the Heads Up! thread as soon as it went live (if indeed it was actually a good deal.)

When the price came up at $79.99 instead of the obviously intended $799.99 my heart sank. I was not an Amazon Prime member!! I knew that in the time it took me to sign up, the deal would be gone so I watched as the deal was 10%, 20%, 30%,... 100% claimed. (Notice it was already at 20% in only 36 seconds.)

I joined Prime soon after and have been a member since — assuring that no such deal will ever happen again!
Holy crap. Didn't even know about that one. That's insane. I'll take a shot for you next time I'm at the bar.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
konax
MoT Member

Post by konax »

I didn't get one, but that $15 swiss tritium watch. It sounded so ridiculous at the time I skipped the whole thing, not believing that anyone will receive theirs.
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

I think this was from BF a couple of years ago, IIRC??

Timex 3 GMT for $24.

I didn’t buy one but did eventually own the PVD version for a short time. Maybe not iconic but a good deal on a nice watch.

DiscoEstScio
MoT Member

Post by DiscoEstScio »

Here's another one:

The Seiko SNK809 for $25 a great deal as well that I bought in on - actually, a few of them (makes an excellent gift).

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

konax wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:02 pm I didn't get one, but that $15 swiss tritium watch. It sounded so ridiculous at the time I skipped the whole thing, not believing that anyone will receive theirs.
One of my favorite buys. The bracelet quality alone is worth three times what I paid for the whole watch.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

Post by Conchita Turtle »

Same Kontiki, about 450USD + 120EUR shipping and custom duties.

Kontiki Museum, Oslo, Norway.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Not necessarily a deal to begin with, but it sure ended as one...

In August I was looking at buying an srp315 Seiko monster. At the time I spent weeks looking on eBay, and came upon a listing for a "Seiko 5" but the image was a srp315k2. It was listed for about $190 brand new. It was also an eBay 20% sitewide day so I decided to risk it.

2 months went by and no sign of the watch despite many emails back and forth. Eventually got a refund, and a week later a package arrived. To my surprise it was a factory sealed srp315! Contacted the seller to pay them back but they refused and said to keep it.

So that's how I got an srp315 for free.
ImageImage
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole