Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
raheelc
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Post by raheelc »

BostonCharlie wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:10 pm
raheelc wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:58 pm
mplsabdullah wrote:How is the visibility? How does it wear?
I have no issues reading the display, I guess that's somewhat subjective since everyone's vision is different. As for the size, here's a shot on my 7 inch wrist (outdoor shot to show visibility of display as well) Image

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
How does it compare with other G-Shock reverse LCD squares? I was hoping the resin G, above, would outperform the common reverse G, but was disappointed (although others like it, of course). Here's a repost of my side-by-side. It looks okay, here -- the photo itself is blurry -- but changing the viewing angle just a little caused readability to drop a lot for both watches.

blackout_side_by_side-2.jpeg
I don't have any other G-shocks to compare it with, but that being said, I believe the Full-metal line uses an STN display, which is supposed to be a higher contrast display along with better viewing angles. I also don't have any issues looking at the display from various angles. By looking at your photo, I would have to say that that the display in the full-metal black version does seem to look better (obviously not really a fair comparison though since I'm looking at a photo)
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

BostonCharlie wrote:36mm watch deal: Bertucci certified pre-owned (A-grade), stainless A-1S on bracelet which is 36mm per their case size chart, $50 incl. 1-year warranty. I would ask them about the bracelet length though.

http://www.bertucciwatches.com/Bertucci/certified.html

Since this is the older logo design, I would ask about the lume as well. A number of years ago they upgraded their lume, but I don’t know exactly when.

Considering that they are the manufacturer, they coul probably increase the bracelet size without much problem. I have been eyeing a A-1S ever since getting the B-2T as that one is just too big for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ffeingol
MoT Member

Post by ffeingol »

Time is running another 30% off select styles. Mens and Womens.
Samginko
MoT Member

Post by Samginko »

Anyone have experience with dexclusive.com? Reviews are all over the place. I was thinking about getting this 34mm watch for awhile.
yinzburgher wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:43 am Junghans Max Bill Hand Wound (ETA 2801) 34mm 027/3702.00 - $450 from Dexclusive.com

Some info about the watch here. I believe if you visit the site and chat with the bot they will give you a discount code for a few dollars off, not much.

SEE THE WATCH HERE

IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

Samginko wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:10 am Anyone have experience with dexclusive.com? Reviews are all over the place. I was thinking about getting this 34mm watch for awhile.
yinzburgher wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:43 am Junghans Max Bill Hand Wound (ETA 2801) 34mm 027/3702.00 - $450 from Dexclusive.com

Some info about the watch here. I believe if you visit the site and chat with the bot they will give you a discount code for a few dollars off, not much.

SEE THE WATCH HERE

No direct experience with the seller but heresay has been positive from the previous WUS thread. The watch may be perfect for you but the 38mm version felt like it wore very small when I owned it briefly. I have other 37/38mm watches that wear fine.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
rinsk21
MoT Member

Post by rinsk21 »

yinzburgher wrote:Casio G-Shock Gold-Tone Full Metal Square GMW-B5000GD-9ER - $400.46 plus free shipping from Shade Station

While we're on the topic of Full Metal Squares, I found the gold model discounted from a retailer in the UK. They appear to be well known (though not to me) and sell mostly sunglasses but they do also sell watches and ship to the States. Their reviews seem to be largely positive but there are some customer service complaints. The have a separate US site in addition to their UK site. Price is £426.64 on the UK site. I couldn't find any current discount codes. This model currently goes for $550 at Macy's, Bloomingdales, and Saks 5th ave. Much higher on eBay.

CHECK OUT THE US SITE HERE

CHECK OUT THE UK SITE HERE

I love this gold one and I am so tempted every time I see it show up. However I just can't get it out of my head that if I were quicker I could have scored this for like $340 at Bloomingdale's around Thanksgiving.

IG: @watchesindc

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

pfmail wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:27 am ...

Not sure about GMWB5000GD-1, but GWB5600BC-1B may not be STN even though the US G-Shock product page says it is.
Casio's description for the resin model even cites the wrong model number in the same sentence where it boasts about STN, so I think you're right:
The GMWB5000BC-1B incorporates a super illuminator LED light and solar battery – rendering it capable of self-charging, as well as a special STN LCD.
It sounds like STN isn't the only trick they use to increase visibility in the full metal line:
The solar panel has been changed from glass to an easily processed film material. An opening provided in the centre suppresses reflections of outside light to improve the LCD’s visibility. Other advances include adoption of an STN LCD affording higher contrasts and a wider viewing angle.
(Some day I will hydro mod a casio. Sounds like a similar effect.)

I was hoping for a wider viewing angle from the gwb5600bc-1b, but it had the same viewing angle as my old skool reverse square. Ergo, not STN, eh?
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

For anyone considering the Mondaine currently on Massdrop for $90, watchgooroo on eBay has the exact same model at the link below for $66. They also have quite a few other low-priced mens and womens Mondaines listed.

Mondaine Giant 42mm Quartz Watch A660.30328.64SBB

All Mondaine Watches from watchgooroo
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Hearkening back to one of the best deals of 2018, the Swiss Tradition stainless steel, Swiss movement, tritium lume quartz on bracelet for $40 incl. free shipping. List: $350 (take that, Invicta!), Model TG-BD685-3127

Okay, it isn't $15 (I tried the old code but no luck), but there is also less uncertainty this time around: ManOnTime bought one and he was satisfied (at $15, anyhow). I also tried their 10% off newsletter signup code, but it didn't work for me in the checkout. (UPDATE: yinzburgher's code FFHFGGJ5784TGHKF takes it to $36 (tested).)

https://timetoshade.com/products/swiss- ... teel-watch

As noted during the ealier Watchuseek discussion, the product description doesn't match the photo perfectly, and there is very little information about this model elsewhere online.

Could any of y'all who bought this watch give a mini review? Would you pull the trigger again at $40?

UPDATE: googling "lumi-tech" yields more results, like (what appears to be) this branded version at Amazon for $50. If it is the same watch, then the specs are good.

UPDATE 2: Evine has an old listing for another branded variation, here. Its photos are the best so far and show a screwback case and screwdown crown.

Last edited by BostonCharlie on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Oris Artix Pointer Moon Black Dial Stainless Steel Mens Watch 761-7691-4054mb

$720 and has the "make an offer" option as well

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oris-Artix-Poi ... rk:11:pf:0
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BostonCharlie wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:29 am Hearkening back to one of the best deals of 2018, the Swiss Tradition stainless steel, Swiss movement, tritium lume quartz on bracelet for $40 incl. free shipping. List: $350 (take that, Invicta!), Model TG-BD685-3127

Okay, it isn't $15 (I tried the old code but no luck), but there is also less uncertainty this time around: ManOnTime bought one and he was satisfied (at $15, anyhow). I also tried their 10% off newsletter signup code, but it didn't work for me in the checkout.

As noted during the ealier Watchuseek discussion, the product description doesn't match the photo perfectly, and there is very little information about this model elsewhere online.

Could any of y'all who bought this watch give a mini review? Would you pull the trigger again at $40?

UPDATE: googling "lumi-tech" yields more results, like (what appears to be) this branded version at Amazon for $50. That one is manufactured by EMC-2 Timepieces. If it is the same watch, then the specs are good.

Edit: 10% discount code for BC's Swiss Tradition deal above. The following code brings the price to $36.

FFHFGGJ5784TGHKF
Last edited by yinzburgher on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bolster
MoT Member

Post by Bolster »

BostonCharlie wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:29 amCould any of y'all who bought this watch [Swiss Tradition Tritium] give a mini review? Would you pull the trigger again at $40?
I probably would not. I bought the watch for a friend who is solo sail circumnavigating the earth (figure8voyage.com) since I thought he could use the lume at night. Fit and finish were great, especially given the price. Good bracelet. However, the watch was the least accurate of his quartz, so no good for sextant work, and then sometime in December it started doing the 4-second skip. So the battery was old, and I should have replaced it before giving it to him, but to my debit, I did not test it for accuracy before boxing it up and sending (barely made his launch date as it was). The inaccuracy was probably (?) also battery related, so I should not damn the watch for inaccuracy without testing what it would do with a battery replacement--can't do that because the captain is now somewhere between Africa and the Antarctic. Also the trit seemed fairly dim, but I don't have experience with other trit watches to compare. It was OK bordering on good for fully night adapted vision, and probably beat most lume by 5am, but I'm guessing the watches were new old stock, with the emphasis on old. So, a mixed bag for a land lubber and a definite fail for my sailor friend. I apologized by email and told him to try using it as a fishing lure at night.

EDIT: You've got some "mad research skills" finding that watch under a different brand name, BC. Impressive. The Ronda 715 is a $20 movement, isn't it?
Unrepentant Quartzer
Front Mission

Post by Front Mission »

Check out your local TJ Maxx if you are looking for a Victorinox Night Vision. I was just there and they had the white dial on steel bracelet for $139. Can't find it for lower anywhere online.
baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

Sporkboy wrote:Not a deal, but a deal sweetener.

Sofie at cheapestNATOstraps.com has issued a new 15% discount code: ManOnTime

Just use it on checkout and you get a discount. Thanks for all of the ‘thanks’ votes that got me to follow through with the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice one, just ordered a bunch, thank you!

P.s. some ludicrously cheap clearance items available...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bolster
MoT Member

Post by Bolster »

Front Mission wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 am Check out your local TJ Maxx if you are looking for a Victorinox Night Vision. I was just there and they had the white dial on steel bracelet for $139. Can't find it for lower anywhere online.
This got me curious! $219 on Amazon. Here's the watch and descrip:

Unrepentant Quartzer