As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

MoT Logo?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: MoT Logo?

Post by Sporkboy »

PetWatch wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:48 pm
PetWatch wrote:Spokboy, the very first logo has nice depth to it, if this could be increased it would look even better, possibly experiment with colors that recede and stand out.

Dub's logos are good too but unfortunately someone mentioned insects and once seen can't be unseen, they are also close to this logo:

TW.jpg

We do know he can afford the best logo designers. Tiger Woods.

My entry for a little variety, in need of heavy editing.

Mot.png
Depth can easily be added with a simple background colored outline on each element. That is what I did with the first one and I can certainly add that to any of the designs.

I think that the wider on the bottom design is out as it does look like an insect. The thin on the bottom/triangle designs are still contenders in my mind.

I see lots of differences to the TW logo, though it is a nice design. Any logo that is initial-based could be considered similar as it is in the same genre. As such, I wouldn’t dismiss them. The TW logo was professionally done as you can see the care and precision done in the spacing and alignment, though the concept is not more sophisticated than anything that an amateur could arrive at.

In your image I am only seeing a T on the center of the watch face, so I think I am missing something about your concept. Could you please explain?
I agree. The T stands for Time, the watch face or head symbolizes O for On (watch dial can be blank or stiylized) obviously a watch, below that denotes a mans body. Man On Time, it is very difficult to denote On Time with a symbol, at least I'm not aware of a way of doing this that would be widely recognized.
Mot2.png
OK, I get you now. That might be getting very small. Probably to the point where I wouldn’t be able to print it clearly on a watch face. I do like layers of symbolism, but a logo needs to be clear regardless of the scale. Minimally, you should be able to strip it down so that it can be very small and still clearly get the message across.

In short, a logo should not be subtle. Ease of reproducibility is important for me since I am not just displaying things on the internet. Resolution is limited, especially if I make MoT logo keychains on my 3D printer.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 10.25.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 10.25.08 AM.png (92.55 KiB) Viewed 5688 times
I had another dream in which the O in Man on Time was surrounding the M and the T.

I also tried it with just the M and the T with the M up front and the T in red. That way it's MonT or Man on Time. That is cleaner if we can just skip the O altogether.

It looks like Matt is silently watching this thread, and is curious to see where we go without his thoughts or opinions. I respect that, and I am also assuming that if we come up with something amazing that he will jump in and say so.

What do you think about the M in front of the T?
That opens up more ideas, anybody want to pitch something?

I'll play with the other ideas later, hopefully tomorrow.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I would be interested to see how the design would look without the serifs (aka the hanging down parts) on the "T"
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:34 am I would be interested to see how the design would look without the serifs (aka the hanging down parts) on the "T"
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 12.24.36 PM.png
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 2.14.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 2.14.59 PM.png (32.27 KiB) Viewed 5664 times
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Sporkboy wrote:
TheJohnP wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:34 am I would be interested to see how the design would look without the serifs (aka the hanging down parts) on the "T"
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 12.24.36 PM.png
The sets on the left look like VT or TV in a cup or glass. The ones on the right TV, VT.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WestSideEcoDrive

Post by WestSideEcoDrive »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:16 pm Sorry--but most of these designs look like insects.

Not that I could do much better, mind. The best I could come up with is a visual pun.Scan 121.jpeg