We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Oil ETFs

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Oil ETFs

Post by Robotaz »

Saudi Arabia had their production of oil cut in half due to Houthi (Iranian) drone attacks and trading opens tomorrow morning.

If you know how to trade oil futures, now would be a good time. Dump when you make 25%. Expect 25% in the first few hours of trading.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: Oil ETFs

Post by Dub Rubb »

Robotaz wrote:Saudi Arabia had their production of oil cut in half due to Houthi (Iranian) drone attacks and trading opens tomorrow morning.

If you know how to trade oil futures, now would be a good time. Dump when you make 25%. Expect 25% in the first few hours of trading.
Help me!!!!! Is this something I can do with Fidelity? I want to get in on this. Don't know Jack about trading, but tripled my money on my first investment, and I know oil is a favorite of the day traders.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Dub Rubb wrote:
Robotaz wrote:Saudi Arabia had their production of oil cut in half due to Houthi (Iranian) drone attacks and trading opens tomorrow morning.

Help me!!!!! Is this something I can do with Fidelity? I want to get in on this. Don't know Jack about trading, but tripled my money on my first investment, and I know oil is a favorite of the day traders.

I use a Schwab brokerage account. There are many ways to do it though. I just use Schwab because my 401(k) and IRA are there. Made it easier to set up. $5 trades.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Dub Rubb wrote:

Futures trading usually entails high leverage trading, meaning you can make or lose a large sum fast using little money up front. I wouldn't recommend it to the uninformed, too much risk.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Robotaz wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:

I use a Schwab brokerage account. There are many ways to do it though. I just use Schwab because my 401(k) and IRA are there. Made it easier to set up. $5 trades.
Are you trading futures contracts? or some fund derivatives? I think most retirement accounts don't allow direct futures trading accounts.

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

[emoji3] Just noticed the thread title in bold, that you trade ETF's. Don't make it so hard to see next time. [emoji3]

Good luck.

Robotaz
MoT Member

Oil ETFs

Post by Robotaz »

PetWatch wrote:
Robotaz wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:Help me!!!!! Is this something I can do with Fidelity? I want to get in on this. Don't know Jack about trading, but tripled my money on my first investment, and I know oil is a favorite of the day traders.

Are you trading futures contracts? or some fund derivatives? I think most retirement accounts don't allow direct futures trading accounts.

United States Oil ETF because I’m not a long-term trader. I’m 100% opportunistic for a quick buck. There are others that are better according to the pros.

Even though we’ve seen a good spike, I’m really surprised by how Trump talking about strategic reserves and staying out of a war kept it from going off the charts. There are other factors, but those were the two biggest I noticed.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Robotaz wrote:
PetWatch wrote:
Robotaz wrote:

United States Oil ETF because I’m not a long-term trader. I’m 100% opportunistic for a quick buck. There are others that are better according to the pros.

Even though we’ve seen a good spike, I’m really surprised by how Trump talking about strategic reserves and staying out of a war kept it from going off the charts. There are other factors, but those were the two biggest I noticed.
It's all manipulated behind the scene to some extent as deemed necessary. Everytime they jacked up gas over $4 a gallon, for whatever reason legit or not, the economy slows down, that's the last thing they need in this fragile economy with elections coming up.

I'm not talking partisanship ship, both parties try to do it when they're at the helm.

And sometimes it does get out of control. We'll see how this develops.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

We're encroaching quite close to politics here, let's keep it in check, please.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

:lol: I thought this was a watch oil thread?
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

tjcdas wrote:[emoji38] I thought this was a watch oil thread?
Have you seen the prices on watch oils? It makes Brent crude seem cheap as water. [emoji3]