We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2019 International Watch Secret Santa

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.

Which secret santa group would you like to be in?

No value guidelines
33%
Max $50 value
33%
$50 to $100 value\
No votes
Handmade gift
33%

Total votes: 6
uaconcorde
MoT Member

2019 International Watch Secret Santa

Post by uaconcorde »

How does a watch secret santa sound to forum members?

Since there are so few of us, compared to THE OTHER forum, I thought we might have some fun here.

If you are interested, you can PM me between Oct 20th and Nov 1st, and I'm happy to set up who gets who
(do not PM until we decide that we are going to do this, and decide on the format of the secret santa, based on the information from the poll above)

****************************************************************************************************
VOTE IN THE POLL ABOVE NOW

Should we have value guidelines like secret santas in your office (ie. max $50)? or should we just make it truly gift giving and whatever value people like?

or should we have multiple circles for different values?

****************************************************************************************************
Last edited by uaconcorde on Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: 2019 International Watch Secret Santa

Post by Sporkboy »

I would be tempted as it would be fun, for a change in gift giving, but it's still another gift to think about and purchase. I'm always trying to spend less during the holidays, so I'm going to bow out of this one.

If I didn't have enough mod projects going on I could make something special for this, but I don't want to overextend myself in that capacity. It will still be fun to see if this gains traction and to see where it goes.

A $0 gift option would have been my choice. Something put together with your own hands with stuff you have around.
Ideas:
Custom watch dial or modded watch
Home-made watch/tool roll
Set of interesting background materials for watch photography
A glovebox/emergency watch in an interesting package (watch survival kit)
A low value watch with A LOT of character
3D printed watch tools
3D printed MoT keychains

I'm sure you guys could come up with a lot of things. I am trying to be less commercial in my focus of the holidays, but it is very hard to do.

There are a lot of little things too, one that came up recently was a coin battery sizing template for all of those guys that become the person to change everyone's watch batteries. I guess that would be a stocking stuffer category.
51828.jpg
I could have sworn I saw a metal version of this (vertical, not circular), but I can't find it for the life of me now.
uaconcorde
MoT Member

Re: 2019 International Watch Secret Santa

Post by uaconcorde »

added handmade option to the poll....