We're Moving!

Click for more info.

ManOnTime (the site, not the dude) is one year old! Join the party and share your thoughts!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

ManOnTime (the site, not the dude) is one year old! Join the party and share your thoughts!

Post by yinzburgher »

A little more than a year ago, back at the old place, there was a bit of a kerfuffle. It's been hashed out, and rehashed, and cross-hashed, and hashed over again. So let there be no more hashing of said kerfuffle here today. Anyway, there was a guy at the old place that was keeping monthly statistics of all the deals. And when the bad thing happened, he found he wasn't able to continue his stat collecting. Not good. That guy was [mention]ManOnTime[/mention] of course. And so one year ago on December 18th 2018, he created the new place, MoT's Watch Deal Forum. He could continue to collect the stats and everybody else could continue to share watch deals and bargains. And since that day the forum has grown to over 1500 members and over 44,000 posts. And it keeps getting better. I've spent a lot of my time here. And I've saved sooooo much money that I'm nearly dead-ass broke. And I've also found that while I came for the deals, I've stayed for the people.

So a sincere thank you to the Big Guy behind the curtain and thank you to everybody else here that participates in any way. It's been a really good first year. And I think it's gonna only get better. Before we continue the birthday party, I wanna share some thoughts about how I think we can make the forum better.

- Post deals
- Tell your friends: Share links to the forum on FB, IG, or other social media. If you meet a watchgeek in IRL.....tell em about the forum.
- Make a donation to the MoT site: There is a little heart icon at the top of the page or a bright yellow button at the bottom where you can click to donate. Consider donating a set amount per month. Maybe you decide that it's worth $3 per month to you. Make a one time donation of $36 and then take advantage of crazy good deals guilt-free for the rest of the year. Mark your calendar so you can donate again next year.
- Write to a retailer to ask for a MANONTIME discount code: This has been done successfully on numerous occasions but we can do more. Pick a retailer you have bought from before and email them to ask about a discount code or even a one-time deal.
- Start an epic thread: Consider this one from sistem_32, this one from pgcity, this one from Conchita Turtle, this one from BillionaireDoors, or this one from Sporkboy, just to name a few. Make yourself an expert (or close as you can be) on a topic and post about it.
- Or just any old thread: Have a question about a watch or some info to share? Start a new thread HERE.
- Revive an old thread: Look for a topic that met an early demise or never got rolling and reply to it.
- Buy or Sell a Watch HERE.
- Write to WatchRecon: Encourage them to add the MoT forum to their site.
- Participate in any way (lurkers welcome!): Post wristeez in the WRUW thread, or lume shots HERE. Post about a new watch release HERE or some watch news HERE. Bought a new watch? Show it off HERE. Do you have an amazing beard? Post pics, tips, and trick HERE, seriously!

Enough from me already. Share any thoughts you have about the one year anniversary of this forum. And it's a party, gifs are welcome.

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Re: ManOnTime (the site, not the dude) is one year old! Join the party and share your thoughts!

Post by whoagorgeous »

Forever grateful.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Halaku
MoT Member

Re: ManOnTime (the site, not the dude) is one year old! Join the party and share your thoughts!

Post by Halaku »

Home away from home ... what else can i say ... forever greatfull to MOT for this place and extremely thankful to have found friends who share the same passion and love ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
zoysiamo
MoT Member

Post by zoysiamo »

Hurrah! Many thanks to [mention]ManOnTime[/mention], and the many other people who make this forum vibrant, welcoming, fun, and financially ruinous!
Sal T Dog
MoT Member

Post by Sal T Dog »

Nice to know I found this joint before the anniversary mark. You guys are killing my wallet just like the old f71 days.Thanks to both MoT and to all of you for keeping the spirit of the OG HU! thread alive and well.
Grailroad
MoT Member

Post by Grailroad »

Only 1 year? Feels like 5 years! And I mean that in a positive way!

Thanks, MoT.com, for loosening my leather wallet pockets!

Thanks, Big Guy, Moderators, and fellow members, for keeping the site professional, informative, engaging, fun, and inclusive!

Happy Birthday! 🎂
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Wow 1 year eh? Throwback to the original meme that got me banned on watchuseek!!

I like this forum much better :)
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

yinzburgher wrote: ↑Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:02 am And I've also found that while I came for the deals, I've stayed for the people.
This!

Many thanks to MOT, the man and forum, Yinzburgher, TheJohnP for leading me here, and everyone else who’s been busy enabling!
cairoanan
MoT Member

Post by cairoanan »

HBD MOT!

It’s been a great year - to many many more years of watch deal hunting and enabling!
jima
MoT Member

Post by jima »

Thanks to all. You've helped me expand my interest in all things watches (and go broke doing it LOL)
Here's looking forward towards many more years.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

What can I say other than "Thank you!"?

It's been a pleasure and a joy putting this place together for all of you. Go on and talk amongst yourselves for a bit...

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

I found out found about this forum while searching for affordable watches on Watchuseek from [mention]noroadtrippin[/mention] and [mention]rinsk21[/mention] sometime in Feb this year. Thank you both for getting me here.

My wallet has been very light since then and I've bought watches I never would have considered before. One example, I now own 4 G-shocks. I never thought that I would even own one.

Watch collecting and hunting for deals has become an all consuming hobby and addiction. I'm unsure if it's healthy or otherwise. I am however glad to have a forum without drama where people help to correct mistakes(of which i've made plenty) and learn from one another. Thank you for all the great deals.

Here's wishing everyone a great year ahead and to [mention]ManOnTime[/mention] , I wish you and the Mrs the best as well.
Last edited by pgcity on Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Impulse
MoT Member

Post by Impulse »

Great people, and even better deals!

What more can be said?

Thanks to MoT and the rest of the team for keeping this forum going!
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

It's great to be here. Happy birthday!
username
MoT Member

Post by username »

Thanks to everyone here for building this great community, and thanks most of all to our legendary host Man on Time!