We're Moving!

Click for more info.

ManOnTime (the site, not the dude) is one year old! Join the party and share your thoughts!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: ManOnTime (the site, not the dude) is one year old! Join the party and share your thoughts!

Post by MoT »

I'm kind of a dunderhead and I'd be totally remiss if I failed to mention [mention]watchpalooza[/mention] and [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] and the help they've given to the site. Thank you!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: ManOnTime (the site, not the dude) is one year old! Join the party and share your thoughts!

Post by watchpalooza »

Thank you to Matt for, well, being Matt. A hundred other people complained, but you took the initiative (and personal risk and investment) to create a better reality. I am forever grateful to you for reminding me what I love about this hobby and community, and giving us all a fresh start. Your light-handed, warm-hearted approach here really sets the tone.

Thank you to all our members for making this place great and giving me something to look forward to each day. Your imaginativeness, dedication and contributions are greatly appreciated.

Big thanks also to John P. I am constantly amazed at the energy and work you put in to make this a world-class community. The crowd-funded forum you built from scratch is absolutely incredible.

Sporkboy deserves some love, too. The time and effort you have put into creating official MoT watches is remarkable.

Yinz, Dubb, Wolfsatz, Bbrou and many others also...just an incredible group of people who contribute so much, and I am very grateful to be a part.

Happy Anniversary!!!
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
deckeda
MoT Member

Post by deckeda »

Grateful to have luckily found this place last year, even more so since I wasn’t a regular on any of the sub threads at WUS.

I’m aware of the enormous effort it takes to keep a community active and relevant, so thank you to all the participants, mods, and of course Matt.

Here’s to another year of going broke by saving money!
tsteph12
MoT Member

Post by tsteph12 »

Thanks to All, and especially ManOnTime, for making this such an awesome forum. Cheers to 2020!
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

And I've also found that while I came for the deals, I've stayed for the people...Can't agree more. A big thank you to the BIG GUY and all members here. You guys are really awesome.
deckeda
MoT Member

Post by deckeda »

Just learned I’m one of only 25? people who “like” MoT’s Facebook page. Seems odd, since I’d expect most of you to be on FB if only to have access to Marketplace. (You can sometimes find good deals on used watches or lawnmowers there.)

More subversively, the occasional post by our host there serves to pull eyeballs away from the FB slipstream, which can never be a bad thing IMO.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

watchpalooza wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:12 am[mention]Sporkboy[/mention] deserves some love, too.

Absolutely! His dedication to this place has really helped with crafting (no pun intended) something special.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TCAL4404
MoT Member

Post by TCAL4404 »

Thank you to manontime and everyone who works hard scouring for deals and contributes!!!
cuica
MoT Member

Post by cuica »

Happy to be a part of this group, congrats on the first birthday.
I believe it's now time for a group watch. ;) :lol:
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

This community is special. I am very grateful for what I've learned from you guys.

I have bought only three watches in the past year; sold more than that. I'd like to post more deals but don't shop much these days. But I'll continue to contribute as best I can to keep this fun house active.

Thanks, Matt and the rest of the team. :)
Last edited by tommy_boy on Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

I remember joining the day this place was created. The growth over the past year has been fun and exciting. Though I forced myself to be away from the deals thread for most of the year, the rest of this beautiful community is full of knowledge and experience.
I look forward to spending the day here everyday and can't wait for the future of this great place!
Thank you MoT and all the great mods, contributors, and everyone else who stops by!

Cheers! Image

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Happy 1 year to all of us! Thank you MOT for hosting this site. The community has truly come into its own. The tone and friendliness of this forum is a breath of fresh air. Happy 1 year, here's to many more!
Penfold36
MoT Member

Post by Penfold36 »

Great site, wonderful people, fantastic deals! Thanks to MoT and everyone who make this place a joy to visit every day! Here's to many more years of deal hunting!
skylinegtr_34
MoT Member

Post by skylinegtr_34 »

Happy birthday! Thank you for building this forum and all the effort to keep it running.
Orangestar

Post by Orangestar »

Thanks to everyone here, Now let's celebrate :)