We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Complaint of the Day

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Re: Complaint of the Day

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

larand wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:13 am FedEx Smartpost: When it absolutely, positively has to be there at some indefinite point in the future whenever we feel like delivering it.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.
-------------------

LaserShip:

When you want your package not delivered, but a fake retroactive delivery timeline posted.
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Ordered a Citizen NY0040-17LE from Amazon Global Store UK at a good price. Then it got weird:

- Shipped from Germany
- Transited the UK
- Shipped via Australia Post Global (!)
- Tracking number provided can't be found anywhere
- It's been "out for delivery" since Thursday morning

Time to contact Amazon. I don't think I'm going to get my watch.

vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

larand wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:40 am Ordered a Citizen NY0040-17LE from Amazon Global Store UK at a good price. Then it got weird:

- Shipped from Germany
- Transited the UK
- Shipped via Australia Post Global (!)
- Tracking number provided can't be found anywhere
- It's been "out for delivery" since Thursday morning

Time to contact Amazon. I don't think I'm going to get my watch.

As a follow-up to this, not more than an hour after I finally emailed Amazon this morning to find out where my watch was, it showed up. I'm sure this will cause confusion, but it serves them right for providing an unusable tracking number.

Also, it still shows on the website as being out for delivery... [emoji23]
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

Visiting family in one of the “axis of evil” countries, I am having to use a VPN (when the electricity is on) to browse and act on deals, and that resulted in me buying 5 watches in 10 days. Psychology at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Came across the Baltic W&W Bi-Compax on WatchRecon for $2100 (336% markup).

"buyer responsible for additional PayPal fees"

sigh
Living a comeback montage.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

peskydonut wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:51 pm Came across the Baltic W&W Bi-Compax on WatchRecon for $2100 (336% markup).

"buyer responsible for additional PayPal fees"

sigh
Oh my. Reminds me of yesterday when I was browsing the menu of an Indian restaurant on Postmate and the veggie curry was $123.50. :?
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Really WatchMaxx? I feel like we need a "Wall of Shame" thread.

Living a comeback montage.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

The stem recently broke on my Hamilton that I bought several months ago and have only worn about 15 times. That part is only a slight complaint.

It is under warranty however Swatch is not doing any repairs now and no idea when they will start again. Plus it will be 6 weeks or whatever for them to fix it after they do start. This part again is only a slight complaint.

So I contacted a local watchmaker who said they could replace the stem for $25 as long as that is all thats needed. The subject came up of them using a tool to open it and possibly scratching the case. I asked them why not just use a rubber ball. They said that it doesn't have good grip. I told them I used a rubber ball on the same watch with no problem. The watchmaker then had a slight attitude and basically insisted that they only use their tool. That part of the story is the complaint. Why not just use the ball? Why do watchmakers not care about scratching peoples watches?

If I send it to Swatch they will likely use a tool and scratch my case as well. :|
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

mplsabdullah wrote:The stem recently broke on my Hamilton that I bought several months ago and have only worn about 15 times. That part is only a slight complaint.

It is under warranty however Swatch is not doing any repairs now and no idea when they will start again. Plus it will be 6 weeks or whatever for them to fix it after they do start. This part again is only a slight complaint.

So I contacted a local watchmaker who said they could replace the stem for $25 as long as that is all thats needed. The subject came up of them using a tool to open it and possibly scratching the case. I asked them why not just use a rubber ball. They said that it doesn't have good grip. I told them I used a rubber ball on the same watch with no problem. The watchmaker then had a slight attitude and basically insisted that they only use their tool. That part of the story is the complaint. Why not just use the ball? Why do watchmakers not care about scratching peoples watches?

If I send it to Swatch they will likely use a tool and scratch my case as well. :|
Why don’t you loosen it at home, then ask them to only hand tighten the back when finished and you do the rest?

Aka: Watchout on WUS.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

WhaleTail wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:53 am
mplsabdullah wrote:The stem recently broke on my Hamilton that I bought several months ago and have only worn about 15 times. That part is only a slight complaint.

Why don’t you loosen it at home, then ask them to only hand tighten the back when finished and you do the rest?

Actually thought about and may do that. What threw me off was the slight tone of the conversation. Sort of a "why question me" type of thing.

They also mentioned the possibility of running into an issue getting the stem out of my existing crown and having to use a new crown. That made me a little nervous as well. I understand people want to prepare others for a worse case scenario but why would that be an issue on a nearly brand new watch? Didn't really help with my confidence in them.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

mplsabdullah wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:04 pm
WhaleTail wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:53 am

Actually thought about and may do that. What threw me off was the slight tone of the conversation. Sort of a "why question me" type of thing.

They also mentioned the possibility of running into an issue getting the stem out of my existing crown and having to use a new crown. That made me a little nervous as well. I understand people want to prepare others for a worse case scenario but why would that be an issue on a nearly brand new watch? Didn't really help with my confidence in them.
Why use them if you don't trust them? I met my share of aholes with giant egos but questionable skills. Plus you might loose a warranty if there's evidence of the watch being opened ... Find someone you trust or use Swatch. Just my 2cents.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sold a phone on Swappa.

Perfect condition No financial requirements to a carrier (I bought it unlocked).

Buyer has had it in his possession for a week. Is now claiming it is "blacklisted" and his demanding his money back.

Guess who Swappa and PayPal is siding with?

I'll be out $850+ and have a device that will be useless.

I've been in a quiet rage all night.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

^That's awful, [mention]ManOnTime[/mention]. So infuriating. The internet does bring people together, but unfortunately, it lets in the bad apples as part of the deal....
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 pm Sold a phone on Swappa.

Perfect condition No financial requirements to a carrier (I bought it unlocked).

Buyer has had it in his possession for a week. Is now claiming it is "blacklisted" and his demanding his money back.

:oops:
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 pm Sold a phone on Swappa.

Why will it be useless?
That super sucks. I feel better about insisting on Paypal gift on a recent watch sale...