We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Complaint of the Day

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Complaint of the Day

Post by TheJohnP »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:49 pm So I get the alternator replaced, the right part and all of 10 minutes.

8 miles down the road the serpentine belt decides to shred, take out a piece of wire harness and leave me on the side of the road.

Sitting here now waiting for the tow truck. Bright side: it's not below freezing.

(2019 sucks.)
I can't in good conscious hit the like button on that post.
I feel for you man!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

People that get upset over a red hat.......
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

59yukon01 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:17 pm People that get upset over a red hat.......

Unless I'm misinterpreting...

Gentle reminder from the forum rules:

Politics in any form are prohibited. There are thousands of political places to visit on the web. This ain't one of them. Our members come here to talk watches and the community that surrounds them, not to wade through your political agenda.
Click Icon To Contact Me

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:49 pm
(2019 sucks.)
Here's hoping you're just getting all the **** stuff out of the way early in the year. 👍
squincher
MoT Member

Post by squincher »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:06 pm
59yukon01 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:17 pm People that get upset over a red hat.......

Politics in any form are prohibited. There are thousands of political places to visit on the web. This ain't one of them. Our members come here to talk watches and the community that surrounds them, not to wade through your political agenda.
You got somethin' against old, gin-swilling ladies?

[img]https://www.redhatsociety.com/resource/ ... 700x40.jpg[/img]
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

squincher wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:55 am

You got somethin' against old, gin-swilling ladies?

[img]https://www.redhatsociety.com/resource/ ... 700x40.jpg[/img]
[img][/img]
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

This is not going where you think it is.

When the deal for the $300/50% off for Codek Spiral watches was posted, I've been eyeing and debating pulling the trigger all weekend.

[img][/img]

Checks a lot of boxes for me.
And though I initially gravitated to the midnight blue dial, felt I have enough blue watches so shouldn't put money down on that colorway and maybe I should get the white instead.

But the white wasn't doing it for me. Wife noticed I was spending on a lot of time on the page and asked me about the watch. Told her my internal dilemma and she said "go ahead get the blue." "You like blue watches, so what?"

Then I mentioned another point of hesitation was that I was also eyeing the upcoming Kickstarter for the Vario Empire Art Deco watch.

[img][/img]

Her response - "Why not get both?"

So wife was totally on board with me picking up two new watches.
And now for the twist...

On the way to work this morning, got into a fender bender. So I'm going to have to pay a $$ deductible to get my car fixed and whatever else I'm going to be fined for the improper lane change. So there goes the $$ that could've been used for both those watches. Blergh.

[img][/img]
Click Icon To Contact Me

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:57 pm On the way to work this morning, got into a fender bender. So I'm going to have to pay a $$ deductible to get my car fixed and whatever else I'm going to be fined for the improper lane change. So there goes the $$ that could've been used for both those watches. Blergh.

[img][/img]
Ouch that sucks. Sorry to hear it. There will be plenty more watches though.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:57 pm This is not going where you think it is.

When the deal for the $300/50% off for Codek Spiral watches was posted, I've been eyeing and debating pulling the trigger all weekend.

[img][/img]

Checks a lot of boxes for me.
And though I initially gravitated to the midnight blue dial, felt I have enough blue watches so shouldn't put money down on that colorway and maybe I should get the white instead.

But the white wasn't doing it for me. Wife noticed I was spending on a lot of time on the page and asked me about the watch. Told her my internal dilemma and she said "go ahead get the blue." "You like blue watches, so what?"

Then I mentioned another point of hesitation was that I was also eyeing the upcoming Kickstarter for the Vario Empire Art Deco watch.

[img][/img]

Her response - "Why not get both?"

So wife was totally on board with me picking up two new watches.
And now for the twist...

On the way to work this morning, got into a fender bender. So I'm going to have to pay a $$ deductible to get my car fixed and whatever else I'm going to be fined for the improper lane change. So there goes the $$ that could've been used for both those watches. Blergh.

[img][/img]
------

Bummer!

Keep the wife. Stay in bed on Mondays.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Complaint of the Day

Post by Robotaz »

My house is a year old. Lately I’ve been hearing a gurgling sound from the washer drain when the AC is on. I get up in the attic and a j trap on the air handler condensate line is cracked and the floor up there under the unit is soaked. Just think with the humid weather coming if I hadn’t looked. Caved in ceiling eventually.

Contractors suck. Anymore I don’t even ask for people to do their jobs right. I’m just glad when I catch it.

@robotazky
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

I've avoided Red Hat for years after seeing some of the nonsense they put in their distribution. But then, as it's been said, "Linux is for people who hate Windows; BSD is for people who love UNIX."
TheJohnP wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:36 pm [img][/img]
Aww yeah, Milk & Cheese!

Bummer about the accident though.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

More house drama. My side yard was dead because the builder put sod on clay with no topsoil and refuses to admit it. So I spread 37 bags of topsoil and seeded it. It’s been coming up beautifully.

Yesterday my neighbors three maniac boys all under 10 years old decided it would be fun to run through it and tore it all up. I’ll probably have to do half of it over.

Complaining to the dad only makes his life more difficult at this point, so I’m sucking it up and bitching here instead. [emoji38]
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I've had a budget motorola phone for a few years. I'm a sucker for a good value and in that respect they are great but I've decided I'm ready for an upgrade. I knew I wanted stock Android, something not gargantuan, and a top of the line camera so I settled on the Google Pixel 3. 95% sure of if so I just look up a couple more things and watch another review and come to find out it has no headphone jack. Aaahhh forget it! I'll just keep the Moto. 😒
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:45 am I've had a budget motorola phone for a few years. I'm a sucker for a good value and in that respect they are great but I've decided I'm ready for an upgrade. I knew I wanted stock Android, something not gargantuan, and a top of the line camera so I settled on the Google Pixel 3. 95% sure of if so I just look up a couple more things and watch another review and come to find out it has no headphone jack. Aaahhh forget it! I'll just keep the Moto. 😒
Check out the Samsung Galaxy S9. Not stock Android, but the S9 does a lot right, including a headphone jack with really good audio 🙂
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:45 am I've had a budget motorola phone for a few years. I'm a sucker for a good value and in that respect they are great but I've decided I'm ready for an upgrade. I knew I wanted stock Android, something not gargantuan, and a top of the line camera so I settled on the Google Pixel 3. 95% sure of if so I just look up a couple more things and watch another review and come to find out it has no headphone jack. Aaahhh forget it! I'll just keep the Moto. 😒
[mention]yinzburgher[/mention] I think the just-released less expensive Pixel 3a line may be what you want. It has the same camera hardware and image processing as the Pixel 3 and has a headphone jack.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody