We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Complaint of the Day

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Re: Complaint of the Day

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

FTE wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:41 pm Today really tested the limits of my german speaking. A pipe burst inside the wall between floors of our apartment building this afternoon. About 6 inches of water filled the lower level. The tenants and I coul not reach anyone from building management, so I jimmyed the lock to the water closet where we troed to cloe the valves. Unfortunately they are 50+ years old and not maintained, so no dice. All the german tenants grabbed buckets and spent 2 hours scooping out water as fast as they could. We finally reached the property management company, who called the lowest cost provider available. They showed up in about an hour. As the German clown car tried to figure out the proper protocol, we started grabbing what we could and carrying it to safety. After the water had risen another 3 inches, the “experts” finally stopped the source. The next 3 hours were a comedic progression of them deploying a canister vac to remove the standing water, realizing the extraction pump from t 70’s was not working, bringing in a replacement...also from the 70’s, then comandeering a sterilite box of mine with a third pump (see photo). We removed what we could, but now get to spend the rest of the evening sorting through our water-logged possessions. We will have no running water for at least 4 days, perhaps longer. I just got back from the store with 3 cases of bottled water. Not the Saturday I had planned. But, at least we have beer...and Jagermeister. ;)

[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/03/30/VyjFJG.jpg[/img]
-----

Prosit!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Amazon delivery truck pulls up. Amazon delivery driver sits in truck, doesn't get out. Amazon delivery truck drives off. Package marked as delivered.
my-brain-is-full-of-****.jpeg
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Two deliveries on two consecutive days now. :evil:

I couldn't write a farce this aggravatingly hilarious. :lol:

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

ManOnTime wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:57 pm Two deliveries on two consecutive days now. :evil:

Call Amazon. They have the means to contact the driver directly before your next delivery and make sure it happens. I spoke with them once before about an Amazon delivery service issue, and they were very helpful.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

cel4145 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:31 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:57 pm Two deliveries on two consecutive days now. :evil:

Call Amazon. They have the means to contact the driver directly before your next delivery and make sure it happens. I spoke with them once before about an Amazon delivery service issue, and they were very helpful.
And if coming via Amazon Logistics, I have a direct number to them I can provide.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:35 pm

And if coming via Amazon Logistics, I have a direct number to them I can provide.
That's exactly who "made" the deliveries. USPS and UPS do a far superior job. I think I'm going to opt out of Amazon Logistics from here on out.

The farce gets better. I used their online chat and suggested a refund of this month's Prime fees as compensation. They issued a refund and canceled the membership. The person didn't even mention that would happen. :lol:

I'm in no mood to suffer fools, so I really gave them a piece of my mind then. They resolved it by "informing that agent's supervisor", issuing a refund of the purchase, a $50 credit and reinstated the membership.

Good grief.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

ManOnTime wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:41 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:35 pm

That's exactly who "made" the deliveries. USPS and UPS do a far superior job. I think I'm going to opt out of Amazon Logistics from here on out.

The farce gets better. I used their online chat and suggested a refund of this month's Prime fees as compensation. They issued a refund and canceled the membership. The person didn't even mention that would happen. :lol:

I'm in no mood to suffer fools, so I really gave them a piece of my mind then. They resolved it by "informing that agent's supervisor", issuing a refund of the purchase, a $50 credit and reinstated the membership.

Good grief.

I have had a number of issues with Amazon Logistics, so finally glad I was able to get a number to call them directly.

One of the most insane things, is their customer service reps can't call the local distro centers. Apparently they don't have phone systems and can only be emailed. At least that's the story I've been given on separate occasions.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

FTE wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:41 pm Today really tested the limits of my german speaking. A pipe burst inside the wall between floors of our apartment building this afternoon. About 6 inches of water filled the lower level. The tenants and I could not reach anyone from building management, so I jimmyed the lock to the water closet where we tried to close the valves. Unfortunately they are 50+ years old and not maintained, so no dice. All the german tenants grabbed buckets and spent 2 hours scooping out water as fast as they could. We finally reached the property management company, who called the lowest cost provider available. They showed up in about an hour. As the German clown car tried to figure out the proper protocol, we started grabbing what we could and carrying it to safety. After the water had risen another 3 inches, the “experts” finally stopped the water at the source. The next 3 hours were a comedic progression of them deploying a canister vac to remove the standing water, realizing the extraction pump from the 70’s was not working, bringing in a replacement...also from the 70’s, then comandeering a sterilite box of mine with a third pump (see photo). We removed what we could, but now get to spend the rest of the evening sorting through our water-logged possessions. We will have no running water for at least 4 days, perhaps longer. I just got back from the store with 3 cases of bottled water. Not the Saturday I had planned. But, at least we have beer...and Jagermeister. ;)

[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/03/30/VyjFJG.jpg[/img]

Viel Glück!
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:46 pm Viel Glück!
Dankeschön! Vielleicht wird morgen das Wasser repariert. Das ist das Wichtigste. Das leben ohne Toilette macht keinen Spaß.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

All of the shipping companies fake attempted deliveries. About 5 years is when it started. About 20% of deliveries to me are late and the drivers lie and use excuses. They all do it.

@robotazky
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Robotaz wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:30 pm All of the shipping companies fake attempted deliveries. About 5 years is when it started. About 20% of deliveries to me are late and the drivers lie and use excuses. They all do it.

@robotazky
This happens for me with Amazon, DPS and Hermes, but not with DHL or UPS...perhaps I’ve just been lucky with these.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

The water is back on! Only had to live without for about 60 hours. Still assessing damage, but at least life regains a bit of normalcy.
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

FTE wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:02 am The water is back on! Only had to live without for about 60 hours. Still assessing damage, but at least life regains a bit of normalcy.
To quote a line from a favorite movie: "Good philosophy! See good in bad, I like."

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:25 am
FTE wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:02 am The water is back on! Only had to live without for about 60 hours. Still assessing damage, but at least life regains a bit of normalcy.
To quote a line from a favorite movie: "Good philosophy! See good in bad, I like."
I try to teach my son this...no matter how bad things seem there is always an upside. Find it. The difference between those who are content and happy and those who wallow in misery is perspective.

Of course he's 9, so I lose him after the first bit...
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

So I get the alternator replaced, the right part and all of 10 minutes.

8 miles down the road the serpentine belt decides to shred, take out a piece of wire harness and leave me on the side of the road.

Sitting here now waiting for the tow truck. Bright side: it's not below freezing.

(2019 sucks.)

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT