We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Complaint of the Day

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: Complaint of the Day

Post by Robotaz »

HonestWatchReviews wrote:
Robotaz wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Welcome to the club, WUS mods suck to be honest. Many of us have been banned there as well. This place is much nicer, and the discord as well.
The WUS mods carry a heavy load. The volumes are incredible. I wouldn’t do it for any amount of money. You’ll end up like Stuffler before it’s all said and done. lol
I can imagine It's a pretty difficult job to do. But at least have a civil conversation with someone, before you ban them. It's not like I was new to the form and not contributing and just spamming links to my videos. I'd be active on there since 2018 (before I started my YouTube channel). I always tried to help people, if possible. Yes, sometimes that included linking to my videos. But it was useful information on watches people were looking to buy.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
Is the linking alone what got you banned? That seems odd, but maybe I’m missing something about proprietary data, profiting, etc. Did they just not like you steering traffic to videos you make a little money on?
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:39 pm
The WUS mods carry a heavy load. The volumes are incredible. I wouldn’t do it for any amount of money. You’ll end up like Stuffler before it’s all said and done. lol

Like taking kickbacks from watch brands??
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:58 pm
Robotaz wrote: The WUS mods carry a heavy load. The volumes are incredible. I wouldn’t do it for any amount of money. You’ll end up like Stuffler before it’s all said and done. lol
I can imagine It's a pretty difficult job to do. But at least have a civil conversation with someone, before you ban them. It's not like I was new to the form and not contributing and just spamming links to my videos. I'd be active on there since 2018 (before I started my YouTube channel). I always tried to help people, if possible. Yes, sometimes that included linking to my videos. But it was useful information on watches people were looking to buy.

Is the linking alone what got you banned? That seems odd, but maybe I’m missing something about proprietary data, profiting, etc. Did they just not like you steering traffic to videos you make a little money on?
I know who banned him. There is just no reasoning with the guy. Even if you comply with his requests, he'll pick and pick and push until he has "reason" to drop the axe.

A part of me thinks he gets off on it. 🤔
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

ManOnTime wrote:
HonestWatchReviews wrote:I can imagine It's a pretty difficult job to do. But at least have a civil conversation with someone, before you ban them. It's not like I was new to the form and not contributing and just spamming links to my videos. I'd be active on there since 2018 (before I started my YouTube channel). I always tried to help people, if possible. Yes, sometimes that included linking to my videos. But it was useful information on watches people were looking to buy.

I know who banned him. There is just no reasoning with the guy. Even if you comply with his requests, he'll pick and pick and push until he has "reason" to drop the axe.

A part of me thinks he gets off on it. [emoji848]
Maybe there’s forum logic that a certain number of “the worst” need to be purged for a given number of average posts? The owner is as corporate as possible, right? Crap like that exists in business. I wouldn’t doubt it.
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

Post by HonestWatchReviews »

Robotaz wrote:
Robotaz wrote: The WUS mods carry a heavy load. The volumes are incredible. I wouldn’t do it for any amount of money. You’ll end up like Stuffler before it’s all said and done. lol

Here's the whole story:

So I woke up to find out that I'd been banned from the watchuseek forum. An admin/mod messaged me a while ago about removing my YouTube channel links and logo from my signature and avatar, which I did no problem. Even though others on there use there's still, but fine.

I continued to post on there as I had done previously. Sharing links to my videos for AliExpress watches. As the forum I was posting to was 'Best of AliExpress' one. Which I'd been a member of since 2018.

So a few days ago I got another message from the same admin/mod. Asking me why I still posting links to my videos?

I responded by telling them that they hadn't told me not to post links to my videos. Bare in mind that other channel owners also post there too. I asked him why I couldn't post links to my videos, as they were usually informative for people looking to buy AliExpress watches.

He said I was "taking advantage of their size". Even though I'd been posting to the forum for years and providing useful information for people on there. My posts would get likes from other users, and they would write comments thanking me. So how is that taking advantage?

He never responded to my last message and just outright banned me. No message to tell me or anything. The stupidest part is that all of my posts are still in there. If they are that bad and they don't want that kind of content on there, then why not delete them? Because obviously they are providing useful information for users of the forum. He just banned me out of spite, knowing that I had no way to respond on there now.

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

TheJohnP wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:39 pm

Like taking kickbacks from watch brands??
Don’t get me started. There are a few members over there, and all over the internet, shilling stuff and people don’t seem to catch on. I used to have a disclaimer about my stuff being mine that I bought with my money; more to be an underhanded ass to those guys than to disclaim anything. ;)
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Robotaz wrote:
HonestWatchReviews wrote:I can imagine It's a pretty difficult job to do. But at least have a civil conversation with someone, before you ban them. It's not like I was new to the form and not contributing and just spamming links to my videos. I'd be active on there since 2018 (before I started my YouTube channel). I always tried to help people, if possible. Yes, sometimes that included linking to my videos. But it was useful information on watches people were looking to buy.

Here's the whole story:

So I woke up to find out that I'd been banned from the watchuseek forum. An admin/mod messaged me a while ago about removing my YouTube channel links and logo from my signature and avatar, which I did no problem. Even though others on there use there's still, but fine.

I continued to post on there as I had done previously. Sharing links to my videos for AliExpress watches. As the forum I was posting to was 'Best of AliExpress' one. Which I'd been a member of since 2018.

So a few days ago I got another message from the same admin/mod. Asking me why I still posting links to my videos?

I responded by telling them that they hadn't told me not to post links to my videos. Bare in mind that other channel owners also post there too. I asked him why I couldn't post links to my videos, as they were usually informative for people looking to buy AliExpress watches.

He said I was "taking advantage of their size". Even though I'd been posting to the forum for years and providing useful information for people on there. My posts would get likes from other users, and they would write comments thanking me. So how is that taking advantage?

He never responded to my last message and just outright banned me. No message to tell me or anything. The stupidest part is that all of my posts are still in there. If they are that bad and they don't want that kind of content on there, then why not delete them? Because obviously they are providing useful information for users of the forum. He just banned me out of spite, knowing that I had no way to respond on there now.

Corporate ass covering, and too lazy to clean it up. That’s how I see it.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:06 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

Maybe there’s forum logic that a certain number of “the worst” need to be purged for a given number of average posts? The owner is as corporate as possible, right? Crap like that exists in business. I wouldn’t doubt it.

Ehhh.. it's more than that, at least with that particular mod. He was like that even before VS took over ownership.

Let's take my case for example:

They added any mention of this place (ManOnTime, the URL, etc, which are now NOT filtered since their software change) to their filter list. I continued to have a sneaky link in my profile (a URL that redirects here) and sig, as well as posting pics where I used this site logo as a watermark.

Out of the blue, this particular mod took exception to my username (as well as the sig and profile) and blasted me an email accusing me of all kinds of nonsense and demanded I remove the links and change my profile because I wasn't a paying sponsor and wasn't allowed to post about certain things because of that.

I went back and forth with him a bit asking him to quote a specific policy that doesn't allow those things when other users were doing similar. He outlined something, and since I wasn't really looking for a fight, I complied.

I removed all mentions of this place from my profile, changed my signature, etc. In my reply to him after doing it I said something to the effect of "I'm toeing your line now. I removed everything you asked. We good?"

Boom. Banned. :mrgreen:

Oh well.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

I got banned for posting a meme :)
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:19 pm I got banned for posting a meme :)
Yes, we all know... And it's a great meme.
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

ManOnTime wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:06 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

Ehhh.. it's more than that, at least with that particular mod. He was like that even before VS took over ownership.

Let's take my case for example:

They added any mention of this place (ManOnTime, the URL, etc, which are now NOT filtered since their software change) to their filter list. I continued to have a sneaky link in my profile (a URL that redirects here) and sig, as well as posting pics where I used this site logo as a watermark.

Out of the blue, this particular mod took exception to my username (as well as the sig and profile) and blasted me an email accusing me of all kinds of nonsense and demanded I remove the links and change my profile because I wasn't a paying sponsor and wasn't allowed to post about certain things because of that.

I went back and forth with him a bit asking him to quote a specific policy that doesn't allow those things when other users were doing similar. He outlined something, and since I wasn't really looking for a fight, I complied.

I removed all mentions of this place from my profile, changed my signature, etc. In my reply to him after doing it I said something to the effect of "I'm toeing your line now. I removed everything you asked. We good?"

Boom. Banned. :mrgreen:

Oh well.
That sounds eerily similar. At least we know how MO.

HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:I got banned for posting a meme :)
That must have been some meme [emoji15]

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

HonestWatchReviews wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:27 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:I got banned for posting a meme :)
That must have been some meme [emoji15]

I'm sure someone will link to it. :lol:

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT