Plugging/promoting your business interests

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Plugging/promoting your business interests

Post by Animal Mother »

Is there a permitted platform on this forum for plugging and promoting your own (or family) business? For many of us these businesses provide the means to allow us to feed our horological addictions, so it would be cool if we could promote our own interests on here but away from the main watch related threads. Is this permitted? is there somewhere to do this? I suppose it would need a form of control so perhaps there is a minimum post count for those who wish to promote something.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Plugging/promoting your business interests

Post by MoT »

Good question, and I am going to ramble here a bit.

As this site grows we are going to have to come up with a policy to handle such things.

At the moment I really don't have an issue as long as the promotion isn't blatant or "spammy".

For example, a simple line or link in a signature would be ok, "Horatio's Hornblowers: url" whereas posting in multiple threads about a personal or family business would not be, especially if it's a thread irrelevant to what the business is.

Also, I would be open to some kind of fair-trade. Ie. Allowing members to link to their personal or family businesses in exchange for a link to this site being posted on said business' website/social media.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody