As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

COVID 19 Fallout - DOW @ 20,188 today......predictions, emerging trends, bright spots

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

COVID 19 Fallout - DOW @ 20,188 today......predictions, emerging trends, bright spots

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

I realize we can't talk investing specifically but I thought it would be interesting to get everyone's perspective on what the market going forward will look like, what societal trends will be created due to COVID19, how long the effects of the virus will last, and what are some bright spots that are emerging from this world event?

As for me I think we are still not at bottom. I think there is atleast 25% more from today's close to fall to rock bottom. That being said i am starting to pick up some specific investments on an individual basis. These are plays that I am willing to hold on to for a long time if needed and they usually pay a dividend.

China is 75 days into their crisis and seem to be coming out the worst of it. Reports are that people are going back to work just taking additional severe precautions. IF that same trend follows for the rest of the world that puts Europe around June 1 and the USA around July 1 to be in similar positions. Obviously we don't know what happens to countries that seeem generally unaffected so far like India with only 114 confirmed cases......1 Billion people there though!

I think if the social distancing and WFH trend continues past June (in the USA) that many many companies will begin to relook at the idea of the need to own/lease office space. I think this is a trend that can completely change commerical real estate, infrastructure, and travel.....permanantly. The renewed focus on cleanliness is here to stay as well.

Bright spot? A lot of people are beign forced to spend time with family. Dad's in particular get to be present for their kids at more than just the baseball game. Maybe if people are eating out less, they will learn how to cook for themselves again...lol!

Cheers!
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
MoT
Site Admin

Re: COVID 19 Fallout - DOW @ 20,188 today......predictions, emerging trends, bright spots

Post by MoT »

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody