We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Fuel Sniffers Anonymous (The Thread For Car Nuts)

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
CVP33
MoT Member

Re: Fuel Sniffers Anonymous (The Thread For Car Nuts)

Post by CVP33 »

Re: BMW

We have an 2020 X7 that we bought CPO (not paying $87K) for an SUV. Absolutely love the interior, the features and almost all of the styling of this thing.....except the grille. Damn she’s big. Although, fun fact, there are shutters behind the grille that close when the engine/radiator doesn’t need the airflow. Helps with gas mileage, 25 mpg HWY, which is amazing for a 3 row SUV that does 0-60 in 5.4 seconds.

pesman
MoT Member

Post by pesman »

Stretch44 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:53 am WTF?!? Image

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Reminds me of a Pig. I remember seeing the updated 4 series awhile back with the new kidney grille. Very polarizing. They're too big in my opinion, but the huge grille is very popular. BMW had to do something.
I am defo in the ‘that’s sh*t’ camp... not a big fan of the constant need to reinvent... they are worse than mobile phones! My 640d convertible was lovely...they should have stopped there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

I dunno bout that. If someone threw me the keys to an M8 competition, I may have to rethink that. An amazing car in person.

pesman wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:39 am
Stretch44 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:53 am WTF?!? Image

Reminds me of a Pig. I remember seeing the updated 4 series awhile back with the new kidney grille. Very polarizing. They're too big in my opinion, but the huge grille is very popular. BMW had to do something.
I am defo in the ‘that’s sh*t’ camp... not a big fan of the constant need to reinvent... they are worse than mobile phones! My 640d convertible was lovely...they should have stopped there

pesman
MoT Member

Post by pesman »

CVP33 wrote:I dunno bout that. If someone threw me the keys to an M8 competition, I may have to rethink that. An amazing car in person.

Stretch44 wrote:

True but Lordy is it expensive! Just getting silly...thank Gid for depreciation...I picked up my 640d for just £24k with 50,000 miles...it was over £80k new....

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

pesman wrote:
CVP33 wrote:I dunno bout that. If someone threw me the keys to an M8 competition, I may have to rethink that. An amazing car in person.

True but Lordy is it expensive! Just getting silly...thank Gid for depreciation...I picked up my 640d for just £24k with 50,000 miles...it was over £80k new....

Speaking of depreciation, My buddy bought his very first car in '04. It was a '92 750iL(who starts their car journey with a v12?!?) for $6K. Black on m-parallels with a Bilstein lowering kit. Effing gorgeous. We found the window sticker in the glove box. $114K after all the options (bullet proof package meant all windows were 3/4" thick, so quiet and cool). Just nuts. Yeah he only got like 4 years out of it before the tranny went, but what a cool 4 years!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Also, best 8 series. The new one is pretty good though.

Best 7 series:

Best 5 series:

Not sure about best 3 series. The purist in me says E30 M3. But the E46 is timeless.

I'd mention that this was Just my opinion if it wasn't factual[emoji23]
Last edited by Dub Rubb on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:58 pm
pesman wrote:

Speaking of depreciation, My buddy bought his very first car in '04. It was a '92 750iL(who starts their car journey with a v12?!?) for $6K. Black on m-parallels with a Bilstein lowering kit. Effing gorgeous. We found the window sticker in the glove box. $114K after all the options (bullet proof package meant all windows were 3/4" thick, so quiet and cool). Just nuts. Yeah he only got like 4 years out of it before the tranny went, but what a cool 4 years!

There isn't really anything else in the automotive world that depreciates faster than a V12 from the German Big 3.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

This parked in front of a local burger joint this evening. She was a beaut.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Stretch44 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:44 pm This parked in front of a local burger joint this evening. She was a beaut.
The fuzzy dice are just ::chef's kiss:: Much more appropriate in the Bel Air than in the '86 Chevy Celebrity I drove in high school.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Three & 1/2 years after the end of WWII, the "First International Automobile Show" was staged in NYC. From 1949 to 2021 is a long time, but look at how many car manufacturers are gone, and how much diversity has been lost.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 9.15.45 PM.png
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I haven't been following the BMW talk on this thread. But let me join in by reporting that I had a BMW 2002 in 1969--as I like to say, "Before the yuppies could spell it."
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:22 pm Three & 1/2 years after the end of WWII, the "First International Automobile Show" was staged in NYC. From 1949 to 2021 is a long time, but look at how many car manufacturers are gone, and how much diversity has been lost.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 9.15.45 PM.png

Only seven of those still exist.

I think it's impressive that Tatra was on display. It's basically an unknown brand outside eastern Europe, but they were revolutionary and fascinating cars. Exceedingly well built, and fast for their day.

I took these pictures of the T87 on display at the Minneapolis Institute of Art.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Well it's real and it's magnificent. Ford revealed the all electric F-150 yesterday. I am not a truck guy but this thing is seriously cool.

There are two range options to start -- 230 miles and 300 miles. The stripper model starts at $39,974 before tax incentives. You can spec one up to like $95,000. You can read all of the details here or here.

The features that stand out to me are:

1. A BIG ASS FRUNK. Seriously this is huge:

2. Ability to power your house and other stuff.

If you install the Ford charging equipment, the truck can act as an emergency power back up for your whole house, up to 9.6kW. And under normal circumstances, you can use the truck to power tools/equipment. The truck has 11 outlets to plug accessories into.

3. 80A charging at home on the higher-trim models.

Overall I am very impressed by this. I think these will be a great option both for a fleet type work truck and for those who buy trucks as status symbols. This *should have been* what the Cybertruck was, but that is for another discussion.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Boourns wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:05 am Well it's real and it's magnificent. Ford revealed the all electric F-150 yesterday. I am not a truck guy but this thing is seriously cool.

There are two range options to start -- 230 miles and 300 miles. The stripper model starts at $39,974 before tax incentives. You can spec one up to like $95,000. You can read all of the details here or here.

The features that stand out to me are:

1. A BIG ASS FRUNK. Seriously this is huge:

2. Ability to power your house and other stuff.

If you install the Ford charging equipment, the truck can act as an emergency power back up for your whole house, up to 9.6kW. And under normal circumstances, you can use the truck to power tools/equipment. The truck has 11 outlets to plug accessories into.

3. 80A charging at home on the higher-trim models.

Overall I am very impressed by this. I think these will be a great option both for a fleet type work truck and for those who buy trucks as status symbols. This *should have been* what the Cybertruck was, but that is for another discussion.
I was going to post something about this, but you beat me to it. :lol:

When you start digging into the tech it becomes even more impressive. Combine all the features, technology, utility, the fact that it doesn't look like a "weird electric vehicle" and the cachet of the F150 being the best-selling truck for a zillion years, Ford wins the electric truck game.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:10 am
I was going to post something about this, but you beat me to it. :lol:

When you start digging into the tech it becomes even more impressive. Combine all the features, technology, utility, the fact that it doesn't look like a "weird electric vehicle" and the cachet of the F150 being the best-selling VEHICLE for a zillion years, Ford wins the electric truck game.

Fixed that for you.
F-150 outsells ALL cars and trucks for a zillion years.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find