We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Refurbished?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Refurbished?

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I have just bought a refurbished VCR (yeah, I'm retro) at Ebay. In researching the VCR offerings, I noticed that very few of the sellers who say their merchandise is refurbished actually reveal what they have done to refurbish the machine.

On this website, many members have bought watches (mainly Citizen, Alpina, Bulova, and Frederique Constant) that were listed as refurbished. Almost all purchasers have stated that they are pleased with their watches, many claiming that the watches seem actually to be brand new. Which is great.

Now, what I want to ask you fellow members is what do you expect when you buy a product (a watch or otherwise) that is alleged to be refurbished? If it was an automobile transmission, say, what would you expect to have been done to it?

In other words, how far can we go to believe a refurbishment claim before we decide that the term "refurbished" is just a
**** way of saying, "We've run a cloth over it"?
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: Refurbished?

Post by PetWatch »

Refurbished to me means that the product has had whatever work, if any, is necessary to return it to normal operational status. What exactly has been done varies. I would ask if interested, and decide on purchase based on reply and return policy.

You just never know. Buy the seller.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk