As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Join the first MoT Virtual Bar Night!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Join the first MoT Virtual Bar Night!

Post by yinzburgher »

cortman wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:02 pm What a great time! Really enjoyed this, so glad I was able to get on. Great to see all you guys, I'd say @yinzburgher surprised me the most :lol: you look closer to my age than I would have thought.
:lol: 41 now but mostly I still feel like a young dude. Low levels of emotional and intellectual maturity may play a part. ;) Interesting to hear about the reshuffling of your collection. I like the thought you've put into it. And it was just really cool for me to see, hear and meet you and everybody else. Thanks watchpalooza for hosting and to everybody involved for keeping a fun thing going and evolving.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

I echo what everyone has said so far - had a great time! Good to see everyone. Many thanks to [mention]watchpalooza[/mention] for making it happen.

[mention]recapt[/mention] - like you, due to my wrist size, I pretty much only wear bracelets or 1-piece straps (custom made for latter so the tail wouldn't be sticking out).

Too dark now to take a pic of my pool watch but will do later.
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Yes, great to see both new and familiar faces from last time. Good stuff all around! [emoji482]
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

pdsf wrote: [mention]recapt[/mention] - like you, due to my wrist size, I pretty much only wear bracelets or 1-piece straps (custom made for latter so the tail wouldn't be sticking out).
Good seeing you yesterday [mention]pdsf[/mention]. You’re my wrist twin so we have to stick together and share tips for avoiding that dreaded strap tail! I should probably start a thread about that.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Pool watch. And we briefly talked about triangular indices, didn’t we?

pdsf
MoT Member

Join the first MoT Virtual Bar Night!

Post by pdsf »

recapt wrote:
pdsf wrote: [mention]recapt[/mention] - like you, due to my wrist size, I pretty much only wear bracelets or 1-piece straps (custom made for latter so the tail wouldn't be sticking out).
Good seeing you yesterday [mention]pdsf[/mention]. You’re my wrist twin so we have to stick together and share tips for avoiding that dreaded strap tail! I should probably start a thread about that.
Haha I was actually just thinking you’re my wrist twin (around 6.25”?). I was going to message you something but starting a thread is a great idea. I can do that later when I get home.

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Sorry I missed it! After I got off work yesterday I bet up with a friend in the park and that led to dinner and drinks and I didn't get home until midnight [emoji2357]
Next time!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
username
MoT Member

Post by username »

username wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:28 pm Will plan to be there. I have a recurring conflict with the regular meeting so have never showed up there. Plus I am paranoid and recording-shy. :lol:
Had something up and couldn't make it after all. :( Am sure it was fun.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

For the next time I think I'll opt to use the webcam on my laptop. I had tested it out and it seemed a bit janky but on checking again it's not too bad. For the bar night, I used the Google meeting app on my phone. It worked fine I guess but I could basically only see whoever was speaking at the time. And had very little awareness of who else was in on the meeting. So you are more inclined to address the people you have just seen on your screen, rather than the whole group or other individuals that haven't chimed in recently. I had previously imagined my fellow forum members being set up on my screen in a tile formation similar to the Hollywood Squares (I'm not sure if I think of myself as more of a Shadow Stevens or a Joan Rivers 🤔). I think Matt might have said you can view it that way on a PC or laptop but not the mobile app.....is that correct? If so, that tile view would be preferable I think. Anyway, it might be a consideration for some for the next time. And I have to say once again that I really enjoyed chatting with everybody......very cool!
Last edited by yinzburgher on Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:45 am For the next time I think I'll opt to use the webcam on my laptop. I had tested it out and it seemed a bit janky but on checking again it's not too bad. For the bar night, I used the Google meeting app on my phone. It worked fine I guess but I could basically only see whoever was speaking at the time. And had very little awareness of who else was in on the meeting. So you are more inclined to address the people you have just seen on your screen, rather than the whole group or other individuals that haven't chime in recently. I had previously imagined my fellow forum members being set up on my screen in a tile formation similar to the Hollywood Squares (I'm not sure if I'm more of a Shadow Stevens or a Joan Rivers 🤔). I think Matt might have said you can view it that way on a PC or laptop but not the app.....is that correct? If so, that would be preferable I think. Anyway it might be a consideration for some for the next time. And I have to say once again that I really enjoyed chatting with everybody......very cool!
yes. on the PC/Laptop you can tile it and see everyone.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

pgcity wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:19 am
yinzburgher wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:45 am For the next time I think I'll opt to use the webcam on my laptop. I had tested it out and it seemed a bit janky but on checking again it's not too bad. For the bar night, I used the Google meeting app on my phone. It worked fine I guess but I could basically only see whoever was speaking at the time. And had very little awareness of who else was in on the meeting. So you are more inclined to address the people you have just seen on your screen, rather than the whole group or other individuals that haven't chime in recently. I had previously imagined my fellow forum members being set up on my screen in a tile formation similar to the Hollywood Squares (I'm not sure if I'm more of a Shadow Stevens or a Joan Rivers 🤔). I think Matt might have said you can view it that way on a PC or laptop but not the app.....is that correct? If so, that would be preferable I think. Anyway it might be a consideration for some for the next time. And I have to say once again that I really enjoyed chatting with everybody......very cool!
Great, thank you. I'll definitely set it up as the MoT Squares next time. As an example [mention]pgcity[/mention], I didn't even realize you were there for the first few minutes......not until you started talking and came up on my screen.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:25 am
pgcity wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:19 am
Great, thank you. I'll definitely set it up as the MoT Squares next time. As an example @pgcity, I didn't even realize you were there for the first few minutes......not until you started talking and came up on my screen.
:lol: hope it wasn't scary
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:45 am For the next time I think I'll opt to use the webcam on my laptop. I had tested it out and it seemed a bit janky but on checking again it's not too bad. For the bar night, I used the Google meeting app on my phone. It worked fine I guess but I could basically only see whoever was speaking at the time. And had very little awareness of who else was in on the meeting. So you are more inclined to address the people you have just seen on your screen, rather than the whole group or other individuals that haven't chimed in recently. I had previously imagined my fellow forum members being set up on my screen in a tile formation similar to the Hollywood Squares (I'm not sure if I think of myself as more of a Shadow Stevens or a Joan Rivers 🤔). I think Matt might have said you can view it that way on a PC or laptop but not the mobile app.....is that correct? If so, that tile view would be preferable I think. Anyway, it might be a consideration for some for the next time. And I have to say once again that I really enjoyed chatting with everybody......very cool!
Joan Rivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I consider myself more of a Charles Nelson Reilly.
Match Game FTW!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:38 am I consider myself more of a Charles Nelson Reilly.
Match Game FTW!
In that case, you're gonna need to up your scarf and spectacle game.....