Show us your beer! Another MoT Virtual Meetup

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Show us your beer! Another MoT Virtual Meetup

Post by watchpalooza »

4F171E16-2A92-41D3-86F7-A0602AE6A4A2.gif
4F171E16-2A92-41D3-86F7-A0602AE6A4A2.gif (7.71 MiB) Viewed 6090 times

Join our next virtual meetup!

Saturday, September 19th at 9:00 PST / 12:00 EST / 18:00 CET / midnight Malaysia.

No recording, no script, no pressure...only members bridging the distance to hang out for a few laughs and some conversation.

The theme this time is “show us your beer”, an opportunity to share your favorite brand / style of beer (looking at you [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention]) with the group. To drink or not to drink, have a bottle of your finest ready to show off and discuss. If not a beer drinker, then go with your favorite other-kind-of-drink. Of course I will be drinking a beer, but that is only because I will be awake. ;)

Here is the link to the Google Meet: https://meet.google.com/ywr-ojhn-qdm?hs=122&authuser=0
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: Show us your beer! Another MoT Virtual Meetup

Post by Dub Rubb »

watchpalooza wrote:
4F171E16-2A92-41D3-86F7-A0602AE6A4A2.gif

Saturday, September 19th at 9:00 PST / 12:00 EST / 18:00 CET / midnight Malaysia.

No recording, no script, no pressure...only members bridging the distance to hang out for a few laughs and some conversation.

The theme this time is “show us your beer”, an opportunity to share your favorite brand / style of beer (looking at you [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention] with the group. To drink or not to drink, have a bottle of your finest ready to show off and discuss. If not a beer drinker, then go with your favorite other-kind-of-drink. Of course I will be drinking a beer, but that is only because I expect...well, to not be sleeping. ;)
Hmmm. 9 am on a Saturday. Will possibly still be drunk from the night before. Hair of the dog am I right?!? Worst case scenario, I will be hung over, unshowered, look like **** and my wife will be awake. Best case scenario, I will be mildly hungover, possibly showered, look like **** and my wife will be asleep.

Also have to see what the world unfolds, but I would love to partake in one of these despite being very internet anonymous(I.e. no social media ever yada yada). But you guys are my people, and it's rare to find people to talk watches with. Either way, looking forward to it. I've already got some brews in mind. Should make for a great nap!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:27 am
watchpalooza wrote:4F171E16-2A92-41D3-86F7-A0602AE6A4A2.gif

The theme this time is “show us your beer”, an opportunity to share your favorite brand / style of beer (looking at you @Dub Rubb with the group. To drink or not to drink, have a bottle of your finest ready to show off and discuss. If not a beer drinker, then go with your favorite other-kind-of-drink. Of course I will be drinking a beer, but that is only because I expect...well, to not be sleeping. ;)
Hmmm. 9 am on a Saturday. Will possibly still be drunk from the night before. Hair of the dog am I right?!? Worst case scenario, I will be hung over, unshowered, look like **** and my wife will be awake. Best case scenario, I will be mildly hungover, possibly showered, look like **** and my wife will be asleep.

Also have to see what the world unfolds, but I would love to partake in one of these despite being very internet anonymous(I.e. no social media ever yada yada). But you guys are my people, and it's rare to find people to talk watches with. Either way, looking forward to it. I've already got some brews in mind. Should make for a great nap!

Was originally going for noon PST, but thought 3am might be a bit tough for [mention]pdsf[/mention].

Edit: I meant [mention]pgcity[/mention] !!!
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

watchpalooza wrote:

The theme this time is “show us your beer”, an opportunity to share your favorite brand / style of beer (looking at you @Dub Rubb with the group. To drink or not to drink, have a bottle of your finest ready to show off and discuss. If not a beer drinker, then go with your favorite other-kind-of-drink. Of course I will be drinking a beer, but that is only because I expect...well, to not be sleeping. ;)

Was originally going for noon PST, but thought 3am might be a bit tough for [mention]pdsf[/mention].
Bro. Beer at 9 am on the weekend, especially during football season, is not a stretch for me. Speaking of Stretch, you down for a little breakfast beer my guy?( @Stretch44 )

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:37 am
watchpalooza wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:27 am Hmmm. 9 am on a Saturday. Will possibly still be drunk from the night before. Hair of the dog am I right?!? Worst case scenario, I will be hung over, unshowered, look like **** and my wife will be awake. Best case scenario, I will be mildly hungover, possibly showered, look like **** and my wife will be asleep.

Was originally going for noon PST, but thought 3am might be a bit tough for @pdsf.
Bro. Beer at 9 am on the weekend, especially during football season, is not a stretch for me. Speaking of Stretch, you down for a little breakfast beer my guy?( @Stretch44 )

Yeah, football season (and fantasy football) had me most Sundays at Moylan’s by 9am.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

watchpalooza wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:37 am
watchpalooza wrote:
Was originally going for noon PST, but thought 3am might be a bit tough for @pdsf.

Yeah, football season (and fantasy football) had me most Sundays at Moylan’s by 9am.
I think I had all but forgotten just how Damn close we lived, very possibly at the same time. (Teaser pic, this won't be my choice for the big day).

Rainshadow
MoT Member

Post by Rainshadow »

Count me in!

“You may be ruled by dogma without realizing it. Do not let it confront the truth of your vision quest.”

- New-Age **** Generator
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

watchpalooza wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:30 am

Awwwwww thanks for thinking of me.

Wait, I just re-read - did you mean [mention]pgcity[/mention]? I am in EST. :)
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

pdsf wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:19 am
Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:27 am Hmmm. 9 am on a Saturday. Will possibly still be drunk from the night before. Hair of the dog am I right?!? Worst case scenario, I will be hung over, unshowered, look like **** and my wife will be awake. Best case scenario, I will be mildly hungover, possibly showered, look like **** and my wife will be asleep.

Wait, I just re-read - did you mean @pgcity? I am in EST. :)
Oops! I did..
Click Icon To Contact Me

pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

watchpalooza wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:21 am
pdsf wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:19 am

Wait, I just re-read - did you mean @pgcity? I am in EST. :)
Oops! I did..
hahaha. yes midnight in Malaysia. Way past my bedtime. Thank you for not making it 3am. I will try to attend :lol:
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

I'll see what I can do! Noon beers are easy for me!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Saturday at Noon?
I might be awake by then.
I do try to sleep in on weekends if possible.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

At 0900 I may go with sparkling wine (mimosa?), Spanish coffee or a screwdriver.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

I'll have to see if I can be in on it. I'm usually pretty busy around the place on Saturdays but I can probably block out a bit of time before lunch.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

I'll be there for sure. I'll have two little crazies running around, but they'll fit in.