As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Show us your beer! Another MoT Virtual Meetup

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Show us your beer! Another MoT Virtual Meetup

Post by watchpalooza »

Stretch44 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:59 am I'll be there for sure. I'll have two little crazies running around, but they'll fit in.
OMG...you have TWO wives? ;)

Oh, you mean the other type of crazy...lol.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Well, I’m an idiot. Cracked open my beer and my laptop and went to join the meetup just now, and for the life of me I couldn’t find the link to use. Then I looked at the date again.

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

cheddar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:17 am Well, I’m an idiot. Cracked open my beer and my laptop and went to join the meetup just now, and for the life of me I couldn’t find the link to use. Then I looked at the date again.

Awwwww.

Just checking - how many beers had you had before you decided to log on and join?
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

pdsf wrote:
cheddar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:17 am Well, I’m an idiot. Cracked open my beer and my laptop and went to join the meetup just now, and for the life of me I couldn’t find the link to use. Then I looked at the date again.

Awwwww.

Just checking - how many beers had you had before you decided to log on and join?
I’m not sure if it makes it better or worse that I had none... [emoji51]
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Link added!
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

1800CET? That 1700BST or 1600GMT, and the sun should be well over the yardarm by then, so count me in!

I know exactly what beer I'll be sharing with you all. Just as a hint, the beer I'll be bringing comes with ice! ;)
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

[mention]watchpalooza[/mention] "it's this Saturday, September 19th" - did you mean next Saturday? I am wearing a no-date watch at the moment so who knows, I might be disoriented...
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

pdsf wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:43 pm @watchpalooza "it's this Saturday, September 19th" - did you mean next Saturday? I am wearing a no-date watch at the moment so who knows, I might be disoriented...
The 19th is right...a week from this coming Saturday.
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

pdsf wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:43 pm @watchpalooza "it's this Saturday, September 19th" - did you mean next Saturday? I am wearing a no-date watch at the moment so who knows, I might be disoriented...
Oops. Just fixed the board announcement. :D
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Colt 45 great ads!

cairoanan
MoT Member

Post by cairoanan »

Noon on a Saturday! Ordinarily, I’d be game but we’re going to Saturday liturgy this week. Hmmm, decisions, decisions. Might check in if you guys keep it going for a few.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

cairoanan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:20 pm Noon on a Saturday! Ordinarily, I’d be game but we’re going to Saturday liturgy this week. Hmmm, decisions, decisions. Might check in if you guys keep it going for a few.
Yeah I'm going to probably miss it too, one of my staff at work is getting married and I'll be at his wedding. Then a date night with the Mrs that evening which I'm very excited for!

Sad to miss it- I had such a great time at the last one. First time I'd ever done something like that, and I'm a pretty introverted person but it was really fantastic.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I am going to miss this one has well. My son has an event tomorrow, otherwise I would be in. I hope everyone has an enjoyable and fun get-together. Not only did I enjoy the last, but I learned a little bit about a variety of subjects...and not all watches.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Thanks all, and especially Steve for arranging! I really enjoyed talking watches and everything else. The smaller group was perfect and I could actually see everybody this time. I think being away from family and friends for a long time, these are especially fun for me. Take care and seeya next time!
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

yinzburgher wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:58 pm Thanks all, and especially Steve for arranging! I really enjoyed talking watches and everything else. The smaller group was perfect and I could actually see everybody this time. I think being away from family and friends for a long time, these are especially fun for me. Take care and seeya next time!
Yep, it was fun!! Thanks [mention]watchpalooza[/mention] for making it happen. Go #watchfam!