We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Random acts of kindness

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Random acts of kindness

Post by watchpalooza »

In this time of strife, pandemic and political turmoil, how about a thread to remind us that there is still a lot of good left in humanity. Did someone do something unexpected for you that just made your day? Did you witness a random act of kindness? Could be as simple as a smile, someone helping another person in need, kind words, demonstrating extreme patience or grace, selfless giving, etc. Use this thread to share the kind moments you have witnessed or experienced.

To start, I would recognize our very own [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] for rescuing me from a stressful day Friday. The doorbell rang and I received an unexpected package. In it I found the following:
2662DF3C-297E-4EE2-8422-FE63FC7CF319.jpeg
F42CE328-E04E-431C-A19D-38737E2D383D.jpeg

What is extraordinary about it (besides being an unexpected and thoughtful gift from halfway around the world), is that postage to get it here was more than the actual watch cost.

Thank you [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] !!!
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Random acts of kindness

Post by TheJohnP »

You're very welcome [mention]watchpalooza[/mention].
Glad I didn't tell you about it, since it took over a month to get to you!! No need for both of us to be frustrated by overseas delivery.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find