As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Mrbiglens
MoT Member

Re: Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Post by Mrbiglens »

While 2020 has dealt me some significant blows (job loss, associated forced selling of assets) I am happy to have recouped my health after a x-mas eve heart attack in late 2019 and a gangrene infected gallbladder removal in July 2020. Avoided COVID too!

Be grateful for the small things that make up your daily experience.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Glad to hear you're past those health scares [mention]Mrbiglens[/mention]!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
bardkc

Post by bardkc »

I'm thankful that I have been able to provide for my family over the years and still able to help them out if needed.
Mrbiglens
MoT Member

Post by Mrbiglens »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:47 pm Glad to hear you're past those health scares @Mrbiglens!

Thank you sir. Me too.
Veinlk

Post by Veinlk »

Many thanks to you John for such a generous gesture!

I'm most thankful and grateful for my partner in these uncertain times. She's a front line health worker herself and has seen her share of despair when Covid surged through Victoria (in Australia) a few months back. It was tough and her stories are so incredibly difficult to listen to, yet she still keeps a smile on her face and took care of me when I injured my hand.

And now Victoria is almost free of the virus! Life is finally looking up again and I hope that will be the case of everyone.
Schioedtei

Post by Schioedtei »

I am thankful to my wife for having just given me a healthy baby girl in these hard dark times. there was a lot of stress but luckily everything went well.

I am also thankful to you for creating this amazing community that I have used so many times buying watches for half the price :)
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Schioedtei wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:57 am I am thankful to my wife for having just given me a healthy baby girl in these hard dark times. there was a lot of stress but luckily everything went well.

I am also thankful to you for creating this amazing community that I have used so many times buying watches for half the price :)
Congratulations! Have to see if being a dad changes watch preferences. 😜
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
wishmann
MoT Member

Post by wishmann »

First of all, thank you John for the wonderful gesture.

I am thankful to my family, friends, and God (always). I'm also thankful for having a job and be healthy in a world with so many poverty and hard to live in so many places. We had bad times this year folks, but problems make us stronger if we get the lesson..
denormalize
MoT Member

Post by denormalize »

So much to be thankful for!

Thankful for my family! While we've lost one family member to COVID, most of our friends and family that have caught it have come through and recovered. For someone that traveled a lot before this, the time at home with the family has been a special treat!

Thankful to have a job that allows me to work from home, still provide for our family and buy a watch or two :)

Thankful for the MoT Family and this place built on sharing and community. An opportunity to make new friends, learn and share a few laughs while cooped up!
hoosierbball

Post by hoosierbball »

I'm thankful for still having my job and my health. I'm also thankful that my family is staying safe and avoiding getting COVID as well!!
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Dear [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] , it's so nice of you!
While I would like to exclude myself from this giveaway, I want to point that it's a gorgeous watch and a very lovely gesture!

I'm thankful for a lot of things, and one of them is the existence of this community. I wish you all the best possible holiday, good health, lots of joy, and best of luck.

Hopefully, things will be back to normal well before next Thanksgiving.
kypt

Post by kypt »

I am thankful my family is doing well and 2020 hasn't thrown anything at me that I couldn't handle. I'm also thankful I was able to control myself this year and not buy too many watches...and that there are many days left this year for me to totally throw that out the window and buy too many watches.
ttl2
MoT Member

Post by ttl2 »

Thankful my mum is okay after a lung cancer scare last year, then shielding (and being very lonely) with me more or less moving in for months to help her out.

Then she had a strange growth on her leg that came out of nowhere (turns out it was a carcinoma - and then she got an infection when the skin graft didn't heal).

Apart from that, I'm keeping great and I'm running her household whilst mine goes to pot :D X)
cmdio

Post by cmdio »

I'm thankful that my family and friends have stayed safe and well through this madness.
aeroman5
MoT Member

Post by aeroman5 »

I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease this year and I'm thankful I ignored my doctor and followed the advice of an online community that gave me guidance. It turns out I'm now allergic to nightshade vegetables. I'm a vegetarian that can't eat vegetables! 🤣