We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
salems

Re: Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Post by salems »

Thank you for so kind opportunity.
I´m not a person of big words, but despite the fact of covid situation, i´m grateful to all doctors that are putting is life in danger in order to the everyone´s health , specially , my Mom with a cancer disease that is getting better (i know she´s not going to cure but at least medicines are controlling it).
I give the thanks because they (Doctors) have enough to cure the sick of the plague that devastates us and still they dedicate effort to cure my mother.
username
MoT Member

Post by username »

I'm thankful that none of my immediate family have caught the virus, despite several of us being high risk. One cousin and her entire family did, and I'm thankful none of them succumbed to it, though it was touch and go for one of her teenage sons.

Everything else pales by comparison.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

Post by Conchita Turtle »

Thank you, [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] for offering a watch so jawdropping, and so different. It's a great and beautiful gesture.

At first sight, this year has been tough for me personally, at work and in my family.

I am thankful to celebrate today my birthday one more year, and to be able to look forward to 2021 with hope.

And, as the Chilean singer Violeta Parra sang many years ago, I give thanks to life, which has given me so much. A wonderful family, an exceptional wife, a job that allows me to live comfortably, many experiences that have been worth living, and the fact that I have found good friends who have been there to support me in very difficult moments.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Conchita Turtle wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:57 pm Thank you, @TheJohnP for offering a watch so jawdropping, and so different. It's a great and beautiful gesture.

At first sight, this year has been tough for me personally, at work and in my family.

I am thankful to celebrate today my birthday one more year, and to be able to look forward to 2021 with hope. And, as the Chilean singer Violeta Parra sang many years ago, I give thanks to life, which has given me so much. A wonderful family, an exceptional wife, a job that allows me to live comfortably, and the fact that I have found good friends.
Zorionak!

Feliz cumpleaños!

Happy Birthday!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

Post by Conchita Turtle »

Eskerrik asko!!!

¡¡¡Muchas gracias!!!

Thank you!!!

testing123
MoT Member

Post by testing123 »

I'm very thankful for the possibilities ahead of us all in the future as a forum, community, nation and the whole darn world!
testing123
MoT Member

Post by testing123 »

Conchita Turtle wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:57 pm Thank you, @TheJohnP for offering a watch so jawdropping, and so different. It's a great and beautiful gesture.

I am thankful to celebrate today my birthday one more year, and to be able to look forward to 2021 with hope.

And, as the Chilean singer Violeta Parra sang many years ago, I give thanks to life, which has given me so much. A wonderful family, an exceptional wife, a job that allows me to live comfortably, many experiences that have been worth living, and the fact that I have found good friends who have been there to support me in very difficult moments.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! THANKS FOR SHARING!
testing123
MoT Member

Post by testing123 »

Just finished reading through this thread, thanks theJohnP for starting it and for your generosity, and thanks to all my fellow members for the uplifting and thoughtful posts. This really is a great community and I am very, very thankful to be a part of it, seeing all this positive energy is just so needed right now, and I just want to sincerely thank all of you for making this such a bright spot in our world.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

testing123 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:17 pm Just finished reading through this thread, thanks theJohnP for starting it and for your generosity, and thanks to all my fellow members for the uplifting and thoughtful posts. This really is a great community and I am very, very thankful to be a part of it, seeing all this positive energy is just so needed right now, and I just want to sincerely thank all of you for making this such a bright spot in our world.
This thread has easily exceeded and surpassed any expectations I had starting it.
Anyone who has submitted a reply is worthy of the Werenbach in my book.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
cheesetime
MoT Member

Post by cheesetime »

Wow, very generous. I suppose what I. Most grateful for in 2020 is the health of me and my family. Luckily, thus far we have been able to make it through the pandemic OK.
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Very generous to offer this giveaway.

I’m thankful for the continued health of my loved ones and that I was able to make a successful career transition during the pandemic.
MoT Member

Post by cron »

Thankful to be doing fairly well medically as I had a major scare recently.
Rainshadow
MoT Member

Post by Rainshadow »

When the **** hits the fan, you can come to see your life in a different light. This year I've been amazed to realize how much love surrounds me. Society reached out to me initially when business came to a screeching halt in march. I found friendship in unexpected places. My travel plans with my family all fell through, but then they threw me a surprise getaway weekend that really choked me up. The list goes on, but I need to mention at least our health care workers.

There is still a lot of uncertainty, but I’m grateful to be where I am.
I’ll pass on the Werenbach if I win it as a token of gratitude.
“You may be ruled by dogma without realizing it. Do not let it confront the truth of your vision quest.”

- New-Age **** Generator
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

I'll pass on the giveaway but wanted to join all the positivity in this thread.

My maternal grandma, my last grandparent and the one I was closest to, passed away in March and with that unfortunate event came a renewed appreciation for my family. First, I'm thankful for being able to buy a last-minute ticket back home for her funeral. There are many times in my life when that wouldn't have been possible.

The whole family showed up, and I was thankful for time to reconnect with my cousins. Some of my fondest childhood memories are holidays at my grandparents' house with extended family, until we all grew apart emotionally and geographically. Six cousins and our significant others sat around reminiscing. We realized that nearly all of us grandchildren had been caught cheating at various card games by Grandpa at some point in childhood, which he did not tolerate. I was caught cheating at solitaire, and I'm thankful for a role model that showed me any kind of dishonesty is wrong, even if you're only cheating yourself.

After my grandpa passed away, nearly 20 years ago, I asked Grandma if she was going to be okay. Her response was one that stuck with me: "Honey, what other choice do I have?" And I'm thankful for growing up under the eye of a strong woman who showed me how to push through a dark time and persevere because there really is no other choice.

So this holiday season, I'll stay warm under one of the afghans she made, try to follow her recipe for caramels (mine won't be as good), and be thankful for everything I have because I wouldn't be the person I am today without the influence of my family.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I'm not crying [mention]Sussa[/mention], YOU'RE crying!!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find