As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Post by BostonCharlie »

Reading these posts I am thankful to be part of such as awesome community. Thank You to ManOnTime, TheJohnP and the other folks who keep things running so well. Thank You and a hearty toast to all the members who contribute and make this such a great place to hang out. Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

toast.jpg
sarbmaster

Post by sarbmaster »

I'm thankful for being able to spend significant quality time with my parents - time that I would not have been able to spend with them without the 2020 remote work situation.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Above all I am thankful this year for family. Family doesn't always have to mean your close or blood relatives. Often times family may consist of close friends, neighbors, or generally anyone who impacts your life in a positive way, of for whom you do the same. My wife and son are my close family but I am blessed to have a number of people who fit into my personal definition of family.

I am also thankful for the MoT forums, [mention]ManOnTime[/mention], [mention]watchpalooza[/mention], [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] who keep it running and tend the helm, plus everyone who makes it great. During this pandemic I read that people have tended to keep in touch with their closest relationships (family or close friends), even if those have have been impacted by distancing. What a lot of people are missing is that next ring of people in your life. I have been fortunate (in my opinion) that I have been going to the office this entire time, save a couple of weeks, so I have those "water cooler" conversations about kids, sports, hobbies, and whatever makes the world go round. I feel like a large segment of society is missing that right now, and I have no doubt that this forum came about at just the right time to become an established haven for some of us during this difficult time. It is not all about the watches.
TwoSecondsPerDay
MoT Member

Post by TwoSecondsPerDay »

I'm thankful for this site and this thread, especially. Our long, bizarre summer and fall took me away from it, and when I come back for Black Friday, it's like I never left. You guys are alright !
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

TwoSecondsPerDay wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:58 pm I'm thankful for this site and this thread, especially. Our long, bizarre summer and fall took me away from it, and when I come back for Black Friday, it's like I never left. You guys are alright !
Welcome back!! :)
beefyt
MoT Member

Post by beefyt »

spaceships! So cool.

Gratitude. My in-laws have been amazing this year, and I made sure to share that with them last week. I'm a city guy, who went from apartment living to the midwest suburbs. Things like yardwork and home maintenance weren't things that I knew - and they held my hand, lent me tools and showed me the way. They've also been fantastic helping out with childcare.

They're good folks.
BamBam
MoT Member

Post by BamBam »

TheJohnP wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:27 pm 2020. What more needs to be said?

But even in the seemingly darkest of times, there are glimmers of hope and light.

And this forum is often my personal happy place.
The people and this community is a welcome respite from what's happening in "the real world."
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, wanted to express my thanks to each and every one of you who make this forum what it is, by giving everyone an opportunity to win:

The Werenbach Leonov Model 5 automatic!
(A roughly $1,700 value!)

Werenbach Watches generously allowed me to keep the watch for the Leonov Model 5 review that I posted here - viewtopic.php?f=38&p=77220#p77220

As much as I like it and wouldn't mind keeping it, I want to offer it up to someone else in hopes it brings them even more joy in ownership. And with Thanksgiving right around the corner, seemed the right time to do another giveaway!

To qualify for the Werenbach, simply respond to this thread with anything this year that you're thankful for or made you happy.
Could be personal, could be general, could be anything that you feel like sharing.

- The giveaway will be open to ALL registered members of the forum (excluding ManOnTime, Watchpalooza, and TheJohnP).
- The giveaway will start NOW and run through November 30th. The winner will be chosen at random, and the video posted on Wednesday, December 2nd.
- Only one entry per member.

Discover more about Werenbach AG here - https://www.werenbach.ch/en/

I was happy and thrilled for all the coffee that kept me going, the best coffee.
Who watches the watchmen? I do. :geek:
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

I’m thankful for the addition of a baby boy back in May. This is our second child and so much to be grateful for:
- healthy, happy, growing kid
-watching my 2.5 year old daughter adapt to having “competition.” She’s been incredible with him and only briefly shunned her mom after the birth
- my wife- she delivered at home (on purpose, planned, and executed to perfection) and is a rockstar mom to our kids. She is so selfless and a tremendous person to be around.
- working from home (note: I already worked from home pre-Covid) this has only provided more time to be around and get away from work to hang with my wife and kids

I heard something a couple weeks ago and it resonated with me: “Whatcha got? Be thankful.” Just enjoy the ride folks and be thankful/grateful for the time we get to spend on this planet.

Thank you to John and the MoT crew for offering this giveaway and to all of you on this site. This is truly a special place to hang out and talk watches, life, and everything in between!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

What a cutie pie [mention]Rabirnie[/mention]!

Glad things worked out for a pandemic birth and moreso that the older sister is accepting.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
swissmade65
MoT Member

Post by swissmade65 »

Very generous of you. It's not an original answer, but, I'm thankful for my own health and the health of my family and friends.
Kommy

Post by Kommy »

Its been a tough year for everyone worldwide.

I'm just thankful that my family is in good health and that I still have a job in these trying times.
NeedWatch12Step
MoT Member

Post by NeedWatch12Step »

BruceR wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:07 am I'm thankful for having a job. Period. And also that my two of my daughters appear to be recovering from COVID without infecting the more vulnerable people around us.
I second Bruce’s thankfulness for still having a job.
Watching the food lines growing ever longer on the news is heartbreaking. Also thankful for this forum for being an oasis of positivity.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Time to announce the Werenbach Leonov Model 5 WINNER!

Congratulations to [mention]LapYoda[/mention] for the winning submission!
Please check your PM for more info.[/siza]

A big thanks to Werenbach for providing the watch for this month's giveaway.

And THANK YOU to EVERYONE who participated.
Reading all the posts was touching and helped bring some brightness to an otherwise craptastic year.

There will be more giveaways coming soon, so stay tuned.

If you didn't win but still interested in a Werenbach, they do have some good sales currently:
- Buy a Leonov Model 2 and get a Mach 33 Gravity watch FREE.
- Buy a Leonov Model 4 and get a Mach 33 Planet 9 watch FREE.
- Buy a Leonov BTO (Built To Order) edition and get the Mach 33 watch of your choice FREE!
- Not only that, but the Leonov Model 2, Model 4, and BTO editions are also ON SALE!!

https://www.werenbach.ch/en/collections/leonov/#all

LapYoda wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:08 pm Thanks for the kind giveaway! I’m a physician and this year has sucked incredibly hard, but I am thankful that my friend who spent 2 months in the ICU from COVID managed to pull through. I’m also thankful to work in a practice where I didn’t suffer the same loss of income as many of my colleagues who either had pay docked or were laid off because of the pandemic. Here’s to a better 2021.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Rainshadow
MoT Member

Post by Rainshadow »

congrats [mention]LapYoda[/mention] ! Glad for you and your friend, and yes, 2021 really needs to be a better year!
“You may be ruled by dogma without realizing it. Do not let it confront the truth of your vision quest.”

- New-Age **** Generator
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Congrats to [mention]LapYoda[/mention] !!
Scruffy believes in this forum