Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Post by Dub Rubb »

LapYoda wrote:After some shipping delays where my new Werenbach sat in a USPS warehouse here in town for 3 days, I finally got it! Accompanying the watch was a nice note from [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] and the full kit and paperwork from Werenbach.

It’s actually pretty cool in person. The case looks chunky in pictures but fits comfortably, and I actually dig the bracelet too. [mention]TheJohnP [/mention] also sent me a blue silicone strap to go with it, but I think I will keep it on the bracelet or else put it on an orange-striped 20mm NATO I have lying around that didn’t have a watch to go with.

Of course, the big attraction is the dial off Soyuz MS-09 from 2018. I’m a bit of a space nerd as are my father and son. In fact, my son who turns 7 tomorrow was probably the most excited about the little aluminum square that the dial was stamped out of. He exclaimed, “I’m actually touching something that flew in space!” He wants to show it off at show-and-tell in school (virtually, of course).

This goes well with my space collection including my Speedy Pro sapphire sandwich and my Sturmanskie Gagarin. I’m thrilled!

Again, many thanks to [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] and [mention]ManOnTime[/mention] for this awesome giveaway! I really enjoyed this contest and am thankful for being part of a great watch enthusiast community.
Congrats on the big win! And I'm digging the space watch collection. It made me happy to hear your son's excitement about his future show and tell item, so cool! And what a perfect place for this watch to land, a current and a future space watch junkie. You're clearly raising him right!

Side note, you know you need a Pogue in your collection now right?!?

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

LapYoda

Re: Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Post by LapYoda »

Dub Rubb wrote:
LapYoda wrote:After some shipping delays where my new Werenbach sat in a USPS warehouse here in town for 3 days, I finally got it! Accompanying the watch was a nice note from [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] and the full kit and paperwork from Werenbach.

It’s actually pretty cool in person. The case looks chunky in pictures but fits comfortably, and I actually dig the bracelet too. [mention]TheJohnP [/mention] also sent me a blue silicone strap to go with it, but I think I will keep it on the bracelet or else put it on an orange-striped 20mm NATO I have lying around that didn’t have a watch to go with.

Of course, the big attraction is the dial off Soyuz MS-09 from 2018. I’m a bit of a space nerd as are my father and son. In fact, my son who turns 7 tomorrow was probably the most excited about the little aluminum square that the dial was stamped out of. He exclaimed, “I’m actually touching something that flew in space!” He wants to show it off at show-and-tell in school (virtually, of course).

This goes well with my space collection including my Speedy Pro sapphire sandwich and my Sturmanskie Gagarin. I’m thrilled!

Again, many thanks to [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] and [mention]ManOnTime[/mention] for this awesome giveaway! I really enjoyed this contest and am thankful for being part of a great watch enthusiast community.
Congrats on the big win! And I'm digging the space watch collection. It made me happy to hear your son's excitement about his future show and tell item, so cool! And what a perfect place for this watch to land, a current and a future space watch junkie. You're clearly raising him right!

Side note, you know you need a Pogue in your collection now right?!?

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
I definitely do need a Pogue and have lately been investigating a Sinn 140. However, I’m on my AD’s waitlist for the new Snoopy and have purchased way too many watches this year, so I’m gonna have to pace myself.