We're Moving!

Click for more info.

With A Little Help From My Friends

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
peskydonut
MoT Member

With A Little Help From My Friends

Post by peskydonut »

As some already know, this year has been a bit rocky for me. As I navigate my divorce, I found help in some unexpected places. This community has time and time reached out to me offering support, encouragement, and companionship. I would like to return this good will...

Whether you're going through your own difficulties or just feel like chatting, DM me and we can find a time to talk. I'm happy to connect over video, phone, email, whatever. Whether you're a mod, an established or brand new member, please feel free to reach out.

(I don't have professional counseling experience, so this is pretty informal.)
Living a comeback montage.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Re: With A Little Help From My Friends

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I wish you good luck for the future. Heads up!
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:I wish you good luck for the future. Heads up!
I appreciate it! Thank you.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

peskydonut wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am As some already know, this year has been a bit rocky for me. As I navigate my divorce, I found help in some unexpected places. This community has time and time reached out to me offering support, encouragement, and companionship. I would like to return this good will...

Whether you're going through your own difficulties or just feel like chatting, DM me and we can find a time to talk. I'm happy to connect over video, phone, email, whatever. Whether you're a mod, an established or brand new member, please feel free to reach out.

(I don't have professional counseling experience, so this is pretty informal.)
This is incredible, and yet another reason why this place has the best people.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Me and [mention]peskydonut[/mention] did an impromptu video chat with [mention]Split-time[/mention] and [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] a couple of weeks ago. It was really nice. We talked about pretty much everything from weather to watches to personal stuff. Yet another reason I love this place.

It's not just a forum with people that like watches. There are friends in different states and countries around the world. If anyone ever wants to chat, I'm down too.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Stretch44 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:23 pm Me and @peskydonut did an impromptu video chat with @Split-time and @TheJohnP a couple of weeks ago. It was really nice. We talked about pretty much everything from weather to watches to personal stuff. Yet another reason I love this place.

It's not just a forum with people that like watches. There are friends in different states and countries around the world. If anyone ever wants to chat, I'm down too.
Exactly, it was just nice to catch up.

Kind of random, but I might be visiting a friend in Los Angeles for about 48hrs (Tue-Thr) 5/4 - 5/6. If anyone is the area and wants to meet up, we can try and coordinate something.

EDIT: Also going to be in NYC for the first few weeks of June. Same as above, if anyone on the east coast wants to meet up, I'd be into it. I should be fully vaccinated by then. 8-)