True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

I...I never wanted a watch collection.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ip066QXh.jpg[/img]
I still don't. If I had to limit myself to only two, I already have one casual and one dress which would cover pretty much any situation. Even though there are still features I could wish they had, I'm content enough. The few other watches I have fill their own niches, but I could live without 'em.

A wise raccoon once told me "Possessions are a prison." And I already have too many scattered interests vying for my cash, storage space, and time. That little trash panda was onto something, I think.

It's still fun to see what's out there. And sure, I still see many and think, "Man, it'd be nice to have that." But there will always be things I'd like to have though I know I never will. Scarlett Johansson comes to mind. I guess I've sort of adapted that look-but-don't-touch mindset to things I could conceivably have. I think this might just be what some pipe-smoking lunatic once described as a zenlike state of "have-not/want-not."
[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... r_0x1C.png[/img][img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... r_0x1D.png[/img]
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

I bought a "brown watch" recently. I then sold another "brown watch" I had to help pay for the new "brown watch" however the new "brown watch" cost quite a bit more then the "brown watch" I just sold.

The money I just received for the "brown watch" I sold was now used to buy a "blue watch" today which of course cost a bit more then the "brown watch" I just sold. I plan to sell another "blue watch" that costs the same as the "blue watch" I bought today however I will of course be losing a good chunk of money on the "blue watch" I plan to sell.

Mentioned before however I'll mention a bit more: I've owned more "green watches" then I can count. I really can not remember all the green watches I've owned. I'll see a pic of a "green watch" and think whoa, I've owned that one before. I finally found 2 "green watches" after years of trial and error that I REALLY like and now own. I like them so much that when I see threads about "green watches" I can't imagine why anyone would want any "green watch" other then the two "green watches" I now own.........

I have another "green watch" on order and I have no desire to sell either of my other two "green watches" to help pay for the new "green watch".

When I show my wife any new watch I really like she thinks it looks exactly the same as any other "green", "blue", "brown" or any other color watch even if one is a diver and the other is a chrono.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

I just received a text from Fedex saying that a package has been picked up and scheduled to be delivered to me. For some reason I can't figure out what it is as I'm pretty sure I've accounted for any shipments I'm expecting. I'm %100 sure its not a watch but I'm still hopeful that its a watch.

Seriously, part of my brain feels happy that it "could" be a watch.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

mplsabdullah wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:36 pm I just received a text from Fedex saying that a package has been picked up and scheduled to be delivered to me. For some reason I can't figure out what it is as I'm pretty sure I've accounted for any shipments I'm expecting.
I've become extremely wary of unexpected packages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_He ... _drug_raid
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:00 pm
mplsabdullah wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:36 pm I just received a text from Fedex saying that a package has been picked up and scheduled to be delivered to me. For some reason I can't figure out what it is as I'm pretty sure I've accounted for any shipments I'm expecting.
I've become extremely wary of unexpected packages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_He ... _drug_raid
I just received another text from Fedex about a shipment. I may have figured it out as someplace I ordered some clothes from has not updated tracking info for a delayed order yet. But if it turns out your theroy applies it will be a much more interesting result and story.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

mplsabdullah wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:36 pm I just received a text from Fedex saying that a package has been picked up and scheduled to be delivered to me. For some reason I can't figure out what it is as I'm pretty sure I've accounted for any shipments I'm expecting. I'm %100 sure its not a watch but I'm still hopeful that its a watch.

My bank has done that to me a couple times with a replacement credit card. No forewarning, just a FedEx notice. Then I get all excited, "Oh, what did I order that I forgot about it." Then the disappointment when the package arrives.

Check the weight. You can at least tell if it's something more than a letter or a credit card.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I confess that I totally forgot to count my Vostok Amphibian as a dive watch. I have two then, a blue one and an orange one. I guess a black one would round it out, but I like the color pop you can get with a bold dive watch.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

cel4145 wrote:
mplsabdullah wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:36 pm I just received a text from Fedex saying that a package has been picked up and scheduled to be delivered to me. For some reason I can't figure out what it is as I'm pretty sure I've accounted for any shipments I'm expecting. I'm %100 sure its not a watch but I'm still hopeful that its a watch.

My bank has done that to me a couple times with a replacement credit card. No forewarning, just a FedEx notice. Then I get all excited, "Oh, what did I order that I forgot about it." Then the disappointment when the package arrives.

Check the weight. You can at least tell if it's something more than a letter or a credit card.
Mystery solved. It's some stragglers from an Eddie Bauer order that didn't ship with the bulk of the order.

Confession: It drives me nuts when tracking for a watch shows that it arrived in my area early in the morning but not early enough for it to be loaded and delivered that day.

Right now a watch is sitting about 15 minutes from my house and its bothering me way more then it should, lol.
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

mplsabdullah wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:44 pm I just received another text from Fedex about a shipment. I may have figured it out as someplace I ordered some clothes from has not updated tracking info for a delayed order yet. But if it turns out your theroy applies it will be a much more interesting result and story.
"Interesting" is one way of putting it.

New confession. I actually like the second hand of quartz watches. It always seemed so much more precise. "NOW is when this second is" as opposed to "Approaching this second...coming up...and now we're after the second, having passed it at some vague point." I'm guessing the quartz revolution colored my view somewhat.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

I have more shoes than watches: Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

WhaleTail wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:25 am I have more shoes than watches: Sad.

I have more watches than...well, anything. Sad.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

So do I.
But I have 100 pair of Converse, so that's another problem/addiction entirely....
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

TheJohnP wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:07 pm

So do I.
But I have 100 pair of Converse, so that's another problem/addiction entirely....
Is there a Converse collectors forum?
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

So do I.
Just happened to see this on SD:
"Converse has Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Monochrome High Top or Low Top (White) on sale for $25 with promo code 25MONO. Shipping is free with a Converse Account"
https://www.converse.com/shop/seasonal-sale
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

cel4145 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:23 pm

So do I.
Is there a Converse collectors forum?

I'm sure there has to be.
But not enough of a sneaker head/sneaker pimp to join one.
haha
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find