We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: True Confessions

Post by MoT »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:29 pm Not long ago I farted and it smelled so bad that it made my daughter cry. #dadbrag
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:29 pm Not long ago I farted and it smelled so bad that it made my daughter cry. #dadbrag
This made me laugh out loud. I guess I'm still a kid that finds farts funny. My two year daughter laughs when I fart and says "tootie."
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Sporkboy wrote:Not long ago I farted and it smelled so bad that it made my daughter cry. #dadbrag
I love you so much right now.
Living a comeback montage.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Sometimes I'll catch a glimpse of a watch in my watchbox and my subconscious will yell out "I want to buy that one!", then my brain reminds me "You have that one."
the big lotte
Has thanked: 0

Post by the big lotte »

Read the last buddy and decided to write. Old user here, needed to create new profile, you'll see why. It's First Black Friday i am not going to buy anything. Having 61 watches and no more reason to live. Screwed everything up to get some babies i wanted so bad- took our savings and the money we were putting aside for our two kids. After 3 months rehab i realized i was always obsessed- gaming, tattoos, forex, betting, crypto, shopping. Promised a tone of **** to wify, i'd take her to Maldives, Greek islands, our kids would go to college. Did nothing. She got breast cancer last year. Left with the kids when discovered all savings were zeroed. My bigger one- 10 y. made suicide attempt because i was never there for them as she said. I started rehab months ago, now psycho therapy but can't turn back time.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

the big lotte wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:24 am Read the last buddy and decided to write. Old user here, needed to create new profile, you'll see why. It's First Black Friday i am not going to buy anything. Having 61 watches and no more reason to live. Screwed everything up to get some babies i wanted so bad- took our savings and the money we were putting aside for our two kids. After 3 months rehab i realized i was always obsessed- gaming, tattoos, forex, betting, crypto, shopping. Promised a tone of **** to wify, i'd take her to Maldives, Greek islands, our kids would go to college. Did nothing. She got breast cancer last year. Left with the kids when discovered all savings were zeroed. My bigger one- 10 y. made suicide attempt because i was never there for them as she said. I started rehab months ago, now psycho therapy but can't turn back time.
Thanks for sharing. I think what you wrote would resonate with more people than one might think.

I came here for the deals and stayed for the guys (some of the nicest watch lovers and geeks ever) but this is a dangerous place - no fault of the members, just the way deals are - many look good but they suck us in and may lead to regrets. I have figured out somewhat effective ways to stop myself from getting sucked in (maybe we should have a thread about how to resist deals), but I am certainly no saint and I used to be much worse.

We can't turn back time, but I hope you, I and everyone have more to look forward to as time passes by. That's important. Furthermore, I hope you find psychotherapy helpful.

Everyone goes on about being thankful today. I guess we don't need to be if we don't want to or don't feel we have reasons to be thankful, but I hope one day we are thankful daily. :) I wish you a great day.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

the big lotte wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:24 am Read the last buddy and decided to write. Old user here, needed to create new profile, you'll see why. It's First Black Friday i am not going to buy anything. Having 61 watches and no more reason to live. Screwed everything up to get some babies i wanted so bad- took our savings and the money we were putting aside for our two kids. After 3 months rehab i realized i was always obsessed- gaming, tattoos, forex, betting, crypto, shopping. Promised a tone of **** to wify, i'd take her to Maldives, Greek islands, our kids would go to college. Did nothing. She got breast cancer last year. Left with the kids when discovered all savings were zeroed. My bigger one- 10 y. made suicide attempt because i was never there for them as she said. I started rehab months ago, now psycho therapy but can't turn back time.
That's rough man, sorry to hear it. You're right....there's no turning back time but it sounds like you're at least on the right track to a better life with rehab and therapy. Congrats on a few months clean. Forget watches.....just try to do something to enjoy your Thanksgiving. I'd love to hear an update on how you're doing in a few weeks or even months.....especially if you pick up any advice or life changes on how to deal with the obsessing. 👍
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

No, you can't turn back time, you can only look and move forward.

I'm happy to see you are taking positive steps to get healthy. Please continue with the rehab and the therapy, it is so worth it. As [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] said, I hope to see updates on your recovery and success.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Thank you for sharing such a personal experience.
You can't turn back time, but recognizing the problems helps you change your course moving forward.

No one is perfect. We all make mistakes.

But ultimately we try to do the best we can. Addiction is an ongoing battle. Just make it one step at a time. One day at a time.

I hope you can repair the relationships with your children and your wife.

We are here for you. Not just because of the deals. But because you matter.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

100% you can't turn back time. But you CAN change, and change your life and your family's lives. You are absolutely capable, not of undoing what's been done, but redoing things the right way. I'll remember you in my prayers.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

the big lotte wrote:Read the last buddy and decided to write. Old user here, needed to create new profile, you'll see why. It's First Black Friday i am not going to buy anything. Having 61 watches and no more reason to live. Screwed everything up to get some babies i wanted so bad- took our savings and the money we were putting aside for our two kids. After 3 months rehab i realized i was always obsessed- gaming, tattoos, forex, betting, crypto, shopping. Promised a tone of **** to wify, i'd take her to Maldives, Greek islands, our kids would go to college. Did nothing. She got breast cancer last year. Left with the kids when discovered all savings were zeroed. My bigger one- 10 y. made suicide attempt because i was never there for them as she said. I started rehab months ago, now psycho therapy but can't turn back time.
Small step by small step makes practice easy and will cover a lot of ground.

Life is lived one day at a time. Sometimes we stumble and fall, but as long as we get back up and take the next step forward things will most likely turn out alright. You are now doing just that, keep at it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

the big lotte wrote:Read the last buddy and decided to write. Old user here, needed to create new profile, you'll see why. It's First Black Friday i am not going to buy anything. Having 61 watches and no more reason to live. Screwed everything up to get some babies i wanted so bad- took our savings and the money we were putting aside for our two kids. After 3 months rehab i realized i was always obsessed- gaming, tattoos, forex, betting, crypto, shopping. Promised a tone of **** to wify, i'd take her to Maldives, Greek islands, our kids would go to college. Did nothing. She got breast cancer last year. Left with the kids when discovered all savings were zeroed. My bigger one- 10 y. made suicide attempt because i was never there for them as she said. I started rehab months ago, now psycho therapy but can't turn back time.
Glad to hear you are taking the steps to better yourself and your family. Just take it one day at a time. **** rough right now, but it can and will be better. Just stay strong bud, if not just for you, for your family. It's amazing what a family can go through and still have so much love for one another. There is still lots of hope, and the journey isn't even close to over. I know, I am just some random guy on the internet, but that doesn't mean for a second that I dont care about you and your family's well being. And it's not just me. This is a community here, and we look out for ours. If you need anything, or just want to vent, feel free to PM me anytime. You are not alone in this struggle brother. Just stay strong.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

That's heavy. I rarely browse this thread but have chanced upon your post. As others have mentioned, obsessing over watches or something else is something we're dealing with daily and you are not alone in the struggle. You have made a conscious choice to do better in your journey forward. Family is family and I am sure you will find ways to make amends and do right by them and they by you. Do not give up. Persevere and this too shall pass. My very best to you.
the big lotte
Has thanked: 0

Post by the big lotte »

Thank you for the support and PM-s, guys. Few of you have asked how i knew i am addicted and how i decided to quit. The answer to both is "i didn't". I didn't know it's a disease and i was in denial. I was taking my obsessions as a hobby, to kill some time, to fill the gap i was feeling. Each time wife was telling me i'm in trouble and sick, i was angry and started to berate her . Every next year i was getting more selfish, angry, numb, spending more money, buying stuff i didn't need. Didn't see kids growing, how my woman got sick. Didn't care. We needed new fridge- i bought watch, should pay for activities- i bought watch, promised we'll go to Maldives- there wasn't money left. Needed fun- traded, lost, put more money to cover my losses. After the first month in rehab, i knew it wasn't about watches, wasn't about money or other sh@t i bought or did, it was about the moment of happiness. Just one short moment and then nothing. I'd never visit a doctor and discuss my situation with anyone- i wasn't alcoholic, wasn't drug addicted, so no one knew, i didn't see it's the same and causes same destruction. I kept bragging here about every of my new watches, kept reading and planning my next buy. Kept stealing money from our account and ignoring family. Wife got sick, i now blame myself for that, but then- nothing, it was just a bad luck, kids asked constantly attention- felt this as a burden, then they left and then when my big girl tried to take her life, it was my darkest moment. I have hit the bottom, i have destroyed everyone. The rest is- rehab, psycho therapy which has helped me a lot to control myself, to overcome depression and anger from my childhood. I participate now in a club similar to AA, where other guys like me seek support and recovery. And the story of everyone is the same.
If you buds, spend more time here or anywhere than with your friends or family. If you are planning what to buy and you read everything and check around every day, have ignored physical activity and became a couch potato, if you don't have money for important things but you've got new watch, clothes, got sucked up in any addictive activity you've got problem. You should be fair with you and others about having a problem.Turn off everything and make your life worth. I'm selling one by one my collection and will keep just 4 collector's watches for my daughters. I should have listened, but i was proud and egoistic. My wife is fighting this awful cancer, my kids go through a very harsh time and i don't know if ever they can forgive me, probably not, i'm just a wreck. Stay safe and sane.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I just recognized an MoT member by their wrist in the Google Image search results.