As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by Dub Rubb »

WhaleTail wrote:I am still upset over the 40% off brand new ( authorized dealer) Grand Seiko that happened around the new year, I had my eye on the SBGE005 ( spring drive, power reserve indicator, GMT) for less than 3K, they had 2 in stock, my call from overseas ( vacation in Costa Rica) was dropped and the rest is history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember that sale. I was close to pulling the trigger on a different GS, but the monetary stars didn't line up for me. Still kinda regret not just putting it on the CC and dealing with the aftermath later.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Confession: the one thing I miss from the old deals forum is taike's terse contributions. I assume he's here somewhere.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:07 pm Confession: the one thing I miss from the old deals forum is taike's terse contributions. I assume he's here somewhere.
Counter confession: I've given some thought to remarks like his and I just don't miss them at all. And wouldn't call any of them contributions.😬
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Confession:
Tonight soon to be Mrs. Dub Rubb is having a night away with her friends. What do I do with one of my rare and not to mention last Friday nights as an unmarried man? Go out to the bars with some buddies? Hit the strip clubs? No. . .

I drank some beers and disassembled an invicta, removed the logo on the case with a newly acquired rotary tool, and sanded that bitch down and polished it. Also removed the hands and swapped the dial. Too many beers to attempt setting the new hands, that's tomorrow's project. Well, finding my hand plunger thingy is first, then reassembly. Now off to go play NHL19 with the Xbox buddies and drink even more beers. My life is kinda lame. . . but I am loving it lol. /rant

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Lume doesn't move the needle for me.
If it has lume, that's nice. If it doesn't, not a problem.

What I've come to realize is a dealbreaker is tritium tubes. Don't care for them. Can't explain why.

Because of that (yes, and pricing), will likely not own a Ball. For instance, I absolutely love the looks of their Trainmaster Moonphase. That was until I saw the "night time" shot.

[img][/img]

Watch is dead to me now, hahaha
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Robotaz
MoT Member

True Confessions

Post by Robotaz »

A particular AD who is a sponsor of a major watch forum told me that Ball had more returns than all his other brands combined. I don’t think he sells them anymore.

*Edited*

I can’t fill out an edit field in Tapatalk now.

@robotazky
Last edited by Robotaz on Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:22 pm Lume doesn't move the needle for me.
If it has lume, that's nice. If it doesn't, not a problem.

What I've come to realize is a dealbreaker is tritium tubes. Don't care for them. Can't explain why.

Because of that (yes, and pricing), will likely not own a Ball. For instance, I absolutely love the looks of their Trainmaster Moonphase. That was until I saw the "night time" shot.

[img][/img]

Watch is dead to me now, hahaha
----------
It is my suspicion that lumoholics must live in coal cellars.
rinsk21
MoT Member

Post by rinsk21 »

So I'm not sure which one you were thinking about buying, but I bought this one: GS SBGA085 and everything went off without a hitch. However, I subsequently bought an SBGA371 from RGM two weeks later, so the 085 is still sitting in the box, never worn. I've been debating what to do with it but if someone from this forum wanted it, PM me. I could probably make some money flipping it but would rather pass it on to someone else in the forum that may have missed out.

PS- I know there is always the option of the 'second chance' forum here.
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:50 pm
WhaleTail wrote:I am still upset over the 40% off brand new ( authorized dealer) Grand Seiko that happened around the new year, I had my eye on the SBGE005 ( spring drive, power reserve indicator, GMT) for less than 3K, they had 2 in stock, my call from overseas ( vacation in Costa Rica) was dropped and the rest is history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember that sale. I was close to pulling the trigger on a different GS, but the monetary stars didn't line up for me. Still kinda regret not just putting it on the CC and dealing with the aftermath later.

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Every time someone posts a deal from J Peterman Co. I do my best John O'Hurley, impression and say out loud, "Elaine".

[img][/img]
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Rocat wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:36 pm Every time someone posts a deal from J Peterman Co. I do my best John O'Hurley, impression and say out loud, "Elaine".

[img][/img]

It's usually me, so you're welcome.
:P
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

My true confession is that I have five watches right now in my office. I normally wear a long sleeve shirt and when I get to work I move my fitness watch to my right arm and pick a real watch to wear on my left arm. For some reason this is more enjoyable to me than picking one at home during the work week.

I will be in a pickle when the weather warms up and I am wearing more short sleeves :lol:
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Split-Time wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:27 pm My true confession is that I have five watches right now in my office. I normally wear a long sleeve shirt and when I get to work I move my fitness watch to my right arm and pick a real watch to wear on my left arm. For some reason this is more enjoyable to me than picking one at home during the work week.

I will be in a pickle when the weather warms up and I am wearing more short sleeves :lol:
Put the fitness tracker on your ankle :D
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Confession:
After some time, I have come to realize that I like my SJE073 MORE than my AT. I think if I had the bracelet for the AT, things might be different. But the thinness of this watch, the dial, the faceted indices and case finishing are just soooooo good. A lot of it is the thinness though. If I flip them over and look at the display backs, totally different story. AT wins hands down. I am just surprised that I find myself reaching for the Seiko over the Omega when it comes to going out to dinner.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

cel4145 wrote:
Split-Time wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:27 pm My true confession is that I have five watches right now in my office. I normally wear a long sleeve shirt and when I get to work I move my fitness watch to my right arm and pick a real watch to wear on my left arm. For some reason this is more enjoyable to me than picking one at home during the work week.

I will be in a pickle when the weather warms up and I am wearing more short sleeves [emoji38]
This technique also leaves you with a use for all those diver extentions. Ankle watches yo!!!!!!

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

cel4145 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:11 pm

Sadly, I may see how that works 8-)