We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by PetWatch »

cel4145 wrote:
PetrosD wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:41 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Come on bro those are rookie numbers. I expect better performance from you in the coming year. No less than 2 watch purchases per week.
Sometimes it's not the number is watches, it's the number of dollars that gets you into trouble.
Stick to buying these outstanding watches, and you'll be fine:

Absolutely, why choose between a few high $ watches or many low $ watches when you can have all the watcheses you want. Yeah, no typo, that's the plural for loaded with watch deals.

Thanks MoT and the deal finding maniacs for that one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

It makes me feel good, and at the same time a bit odd to see pictures posted by members with comments like "Wore this watch I got from the deals thread/MoT site at such and such function tonight."

Thank you all for being a part of this place.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Well, sir, I wish you a merry Christmas and hope you enjoy the loot you stole from my car and whoever else in the neighborhood.

ImageImageImageImage

Merry Christmas everyone!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Ouch.
Sorry to hear that [mention]whoagorgeous[/mention]
Hopefully the footage will help capture the jerk.
That would be a Christmas miracle
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Agree with John...what a crappy way to start the holidays. Hopefully there wasn’t too much of value in the car.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Guyinwatch
MoT Member

Post by Guyinwatch »

I resisted the Christopher Ward bronze ombre posted in HUISABH for about two hours. The next day( yesterday), i got a package in the mail and had no clue what it was.
It was a watch. A bronze watch. I forgot i ordered it. A christmas surprise! At least the guy who got it for me had good taste.
15772836824761935032216427239154.jpg
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

There’s a watch I would really like to own. If I’m really lucky I might be able to find it somewhere between $1300 and $1400. I’ve wanted it for a couple of years now. My confession is that if I total up all I’ve spent on “deals”, straps and other impulse buys In that time I probably could have bought the one I really want. At some point I hope I can finally internalize the concept of quality over quantity.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

The one time I needed to apply my addiction to a good use I failed.

Bought a nice Timex easy reader for my 8 year old. Had an expansion bracelet on it and I've never sized an expansion bracelet before. My son was excited to get to wear it so he and his younger brother and sister where all eagerly watching me wrestle with this thing. I watched a video on how to do it which was embarrassing enough since they all know my addiction to watches and have seen me size plenty of my own bracelets. I can only imagine what was going through their head. "Why does daddy need a video?" "He has more pictures of watches in his phone then of us", etc, etc.

At one point one of my children (don't recall which as I was in the heat of battle) said "Maybe the man in the video can come and fix it for us" At that point I knew I had to get this done. How could my children look up to the man in the video for anything watch related when they have ME in house.

Timex didn't use the straight pieces like the one in the video. They used some fancyish design on the outside pieces which means there was only one link that connected all the other links coming from each side of it. I of course mangled that one link. So now there is no way to connect them all. The whole house looked at me in shame. After years of neglecting my children and squandering away their time an money on watches I was unable to finally apply that to something of benefit for one of them.

Bright side is my son now wants a few natos to put on it. Downside is he wants to put a rainbow colored nato on a black face with gold accents watch.

This was supposed to be a "dressy" special occasion watch for him. I hold my head in shame.

Any 16mm inexpensive strap solutions would be appreciated.
20191231_090623.jpg
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Halaku
MoT Member

Post by Halaku »

mplsabdullah wrote:The one time I needed to apply my addiction to a good use I failed.

Bought a nice Timex easy reader for my 8 year old. Had an expansion bracelet on it and I've never sized an expansion bracelet before. My son was excited to get to wear it so he and his younger brother and sister where all eagerly watching me wrestle with this thing. I watched a video on how to do it which was embarrassing enough since they all know my addiction to watches and have seen me size plenty of my own bracelets. I can only imagine what was going through their head. "Why does daddy need a video?" "He has more pictures of watches in his phone then of us", etc, etc.

At one point one of my children (don't recall which as I was in the heat of battle) said "Maybe the man in the video can come and fix it for us" At that point I knew I had to get this done. How could my children look up to the man in the video for anything watch related when they have ME in house.

Timex didn't use the straight pieces like the one in the video. They used some fancyish design on the outside pieces which means there was only one link that connected all the other links coming from each side of it. I of course mangled that one link. So now there is no way to connect them all. The whole house looked at me in shame. After years of neglecting my children and squandering away their time an money on watches I was unable to finally apply that to something of benefit for one of them.

Bright side is my son now wants a few natos to put on it. Downside is he wants to put a rainbow colored nato on a black face with gold accents watch.

This was supposed to be a "dressy" special occasion watch for him. I hold my head in shame.

20191231_090623.jpg
You can pick up a replacement expansion bracelet made by speidel i think its pretty easy to resize and the ends are spring loaded so they can be made to fit from 16mm to 22mm lug ends .
I picked some up for my hmt watches years ago and i have seen people wear them with their timex also . Good luck [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

mplsabdullah wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:48 am The one time I needed to apply my addiction to a good use I failed.

20191231_090623.jpg
One of these could work...

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Guyinwatch
MoT Member

Post by Guyinwatch »

I can't open a box of cereal properly.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Guyinwatch wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:12 pm I can't open a box of cereal properly.
Never fear! There is video help for that!

:lol:
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Anyone else ever make up a reason to go to the office on a day off because that’s where you had a watch shipped to? :?
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

I think I may have inadvertently created a WIS.

A friend's 14-year-old son started following my Instagram account, the one I use for watch photos. On a family vacation to Hawaii over the summer, he saw some kind of wooden watch that he liked and talked his parents into buying it for him.

Today, I had lunch with his dad and asked how Christmas went. Apparently his son was thrilled that the Dan Henry 1962 and Orient Mako II Pepsi he asked for were under the tree.

14 years old. The kid's in more trouble than he realizes...

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Such is my obsession (or pathology), that earlier today when I got in my car and opened up my navigation app, I immediately typed in "Seiko". 🤦‍♂️