True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by Sporkboy »

I am going to ignore the ‘picture or it didn’t happen’ rule for this post.

I woke up, put on my watch and went into the bathroom to do my morning routine...wearing just the watch. I have no idea how often I have done this in the past, but it probably isn’t my first time.
Barry S.
MoT Member

Post by Barry S. »

Sporkboy wrote:I am going to ignore the ‘picture or it didn’t happen’ rule for this post...
We are all forever indebted to you.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Someone—my barber, actually—noticed my watch today. And liked it!

[img][/img]
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Yesterday I left my house in a hurry and forgot to put on a watch! About 5-10 minutes down the road, I was still contemplating whether or not to turn around, but I was already short on time. It was terrible. Constantly looking down for the time or date and seeing nothing but tan line.

I am debating being one of those guys who keeps a watch in the glove box, just in case.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:42 pm Yesterday I left my house in a hurry and forgot to put on a watch! About 5-10 minutes down the road, I was still contemplating whether or not to turn around, but I was already short on time. It was terrible. Constantly looking down for the time or date and seeing nothing but tan line.

I am debating being one of those guys who keeps a watch in the glove box, just in case.
I am proud to be "one of those guys." I have a G-Shock in my car as a backup watch.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

cel4145 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:42 pm Yesterday I left my house in a hurry and forgot to put on a watch! About 5-10 minutes down the road, I was still contemplating whether or not to turn around, but I was already short on time. It was terrible. Constantly looking down for the time or date and seeing nothing but tan line.

I am proud to be "one of those guys." I have a G-Shock in my car as a backup watch.
I am going to join you in the club. Now to decide what watch!

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

---
Or buy a car with a dashboard clock.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:

---
Haha, it wasn't necessarily when I was in my car, more when I was out in the field. I tend to leave my phone in my car rather than bring it with me while climbing ladders and going into attics. Ruined a few phones that way.

However, my buddy just swapped out his digital clock for an analog in the dash of his E30 and I think it looks the business!

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:38 pm
The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:

---
Haha, it wasn't necessarily when I was in my car, more when I was out in the field. I tend to leave my phone in my car rather than bring it with me while climbing ladders and going into attics. Ruined a few phones that way.

However, my buddy just swapped out his digital clock for an analog in the dash of his E30 and I think it looks the business!

---
One of the signal features of Infinitis (which make I drive) was an analog clock. But they have gone digital too. Alas.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

At least half the time I change out a watch, it's at night shortly before I go to bed. There's something satisfying about picking out a watch for the next day before sleeping. Sure. I occasionally I end up changing it the next morning. But still doesn't seem like a burden. Just more of the enjoyment of choosing what watch to wear.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

cel4145 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:00 pm At least half the time I change out a watch, it's at night shortly before I go to bed. There's something satisfying about picking out a watch for the next day before sleeping. Sure. I occasionally I end up changing it the next morning. But still doesn't seem like a burden. Just more of the enjoyment of choosing what watch to wear.
---

For me it's the anticipation of finding in the morning what watch will turn up next in the rotation.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:28 pm
cel4145 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:00 pm At least half the time I change out a watch, it's at night shortly before I go to bed. There's something satisfying about picking out a watch for the next day before sleeping. Sure. I occasionally I end up changing it the next morning. But still doesn't seem like a burden. Just more of the enjoyment of choosing what watch to wear.
---

For me it's the anticipation of finding in the morning what watch will turn up next in the rotation.
At night before bed, I pick out a watch just to sleep with....usually one with good lume so I can read it if I wake up in the night. Most mornings I either pick a watch to go with what I’m wearing, or wear clothes to go with the watch I feel like wearing. Whenever there is a change of scene in my day (e.g., going to the gym, out to a bar, etc) I actually consider again switching to a different watch. There have been days spent with 6 different watches...
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

As much as I would like to, I have never owned a watch with a retail value (and not Invicta retail value) greater than $300.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

FTE wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:16 am
There have been days spent with 6 different watches...
----
My head would be spinning!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Confession: Everytime I watch a modern James Bond movie (tonight included) I feel the need to own one of the special edition 007 seamasters. Man do I love Omegas and 007. One of these days. I am planning on selling a good chunk of my watches and I think they may go towards a 007 themed watch. I mean, honestly, how freaking cool is this movement?!?

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... febb99.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... b0f21b.jpg[/IMG]