We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Operation ZEPHYR - can you help?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Operation ZEPHYR - can you help?

Post by Animal Mother »

[With permission from Man on Time]
I know this is unconventional, and I very rarely do anything like this, but I hope you can support me, this Charity, and the people of The Gambia. I've not been on here much recently (real life stuff) but I know that this is a lovely community who can get involved with loads of cool and fun things, so I thought I'd share this with you and hopefully get some donors in the process.

On behalf of Operation ZEPHYR (National Police Aid Charity UK Registered charity number 1124668) conducted by the National Police Aid Convoy' I am seeking support from as many people as possibleto provide 30 Ambulances, 2 Fire Appliances, radios, equipment, training, and uniforms to the emerging but very poor African nation of The Gambia on the west coast of Africa.

Organised by UK’s National Police Aid Charity, National Police Aid Convoys, and working with the International Police Association and other organisations, we have decided to help end the suffering and unnecessary deaths caused by the absence of any form or Ambulance Service and a severely hampered Fire Service in The Gambia. We are resolved to do something about it.

The levels of infant mortality in The Gambia are unacceptably high, they are the 7th highest in the world, and are ranked among the highest in Africa. UNICEF state that over 1 in 20 children between one month and five years of age die, and 1 in 5 new-borns will die within the first 4 weeks of life. These figures are even higher in rural areas. The manner of those deaths for mother and child do not bear thinking about.

Additionally, the number of deaths and amputations through late presentation of infected fractures and wounds is unbelievably high. Amputations are unfortunately common and convenient as travel for aftercare in hospital is impossible for complicated injuries.

I am asking you, in the hope that you would be willing to donate in order to help me raise the money required for me to help fund this much needed convoy. You can select a few different donation options:

Help me personally raise £2500, the individual volunteer fund raising target - https://tinyurl.com/u9phj6ns

Help my team (2 of us) that will be hopefully driving a fire appliance (or an ambulance) raise the £5000 we need as a pair - https://tinyurl.com/a3k3vtmc

Donate some vehicles or equipment. We need ambulances and fire appliances from the UK or Europe (preferably France, Spain, Germany or Italy) - please contact me.

Donate fuel cards, or equipment for the volunteers - please contact me.

Donate enough to fund the entire campaign. This is estimated to be £380,000. This can be donated directly to the charity - https://www.justgiving.com/npac Please let me know if you intend to do this and I'll ensure you get recognition.

Provide corporate sponsorship to the charity, whether it just be for one ambulance (£10,000 each ambulance to purchase and transport), or even the whole fleet.

Everything donated will be left with the Gambian Emergency responders.

I hope you can help us by donating toward our goals, by providing us with personal kit and equipment. Or by providing the wider charity convoy with funds, equipment, or supplies. Publicity is assured, nationally for a major sponsor.

MoT
Site Admin

Re: Operation ZEPHYR - can you help?

Post by MoT »

This is a noble cause that I hope many of our members will join me in contributing to.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:12 pm This is a noble cause that I hope many of our members will join me in contributing to.
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I was happy to donate.
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:21 pm I was happy to donate.
Thank you very much.