We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Some Personal News

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Some Personal News

Post by MoT »

FTE wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:26 am Good luck today...we hope everything goes well.
Thank you, we are at the infusion center now.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

From all of us here, we wish Mrs MoT a very happy birthday!

https://www.groupgreeting.com/card/9b52a0c36d7f819/pdf
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Hope everything went well. We are rooting for you both! Keep us posted, and we will try to hold this place down if you need some time. Wishing you both the best!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:50 am Hope everything went well. We are rooting for you both! Keep us posted, and we will try to hold this place down if you need some time. Wishing you both the best!

Mrs.Mot had some light nausea this morning but is doing very well otherwise.

Thanks again to everyone for all the well wishes. I'm sure she'll check in when she's feeling up to it.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Mrs.MoT

Post by Mrs.MoT »

My continued thanks to everyone.

Chemo day itself was exceedingly smooth; we were there at 7:30 AM, and left by 1:45 PM. I had zero infusion reactions, and was feeling well enough to go get some Dairy Queen as a birthday treat. THEY HAVE DREAMSICLE DIPPED CONES NOW. So. Good.

I felt fine all the following day, and didn't start experiencing any side effects until Sunday; I threw up breakfast, and have been a little queasy on and off since. Also, every single joint in my body started hurting, including ones I didn't know I possessed. It's mostly worked its way through, and I only have pain now in my feet and ankles, and a little in my knees and shins/calves. I'm hoping that stops soon so I can stop hobbling around like I'm a hundred and fifty instead of forty. Well...forty-one now, I suppose!

Thank you again for the continued support and thoughts and prayers and good vibes and backyard dances and whatever else you've done for us; it is so appreciated!
Have you ever, like, walked naked to the fridge in the middle of the night to get a drink or something, and then you realized that someone saw you? And then you realized you're kind of into it? If not, then it never happened to me, either. Ever. ;)
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Alright, who talked? How did she know about the backyard dances?!

On a serious note, thanks for sharing your progress...no one should have to go through what you are. Amazing and inspiring that you still have your sense of humor. I hope the treatments are effective and you beat this thing.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Mrs.MoT wrote:My continued thanks to everyone.

Chemo day itself was exceedingly smooth; we were there at 7:30 AM, and left by 1:45 PM. I had zero infusion reactions, and was feeling well enough to go get some Dairy Queen as a birthday treat. THEY HAVE DREAMSICLE DIPPED CONES NOW. So. Good.

I felt fine all the following day, and didn't start experiencing any side effects until Sunday; I threw up breakfast, and have been a little queasy on and off since. Also, every single joint in my body started hurting, including ones I didn't know I possessed. It's mostly worked its way through, and I only have pain now in my feet and ankles, and a little in my knees and shins/calves. I'm hoping that stops soon so I can stop hobbling around like I'm a hundred and fifty instead of forty. Well...forty-one now, I suppose!

Thank you again for the continued support and thoughts and prayers and good vibes and backyard dances and whatever else you've done for us; it is so appreciated!
So glad to hear that you are doing well (all things considered). I am looking forward to hearing about a speedy and full recovery. I appreciate the updates, and we are still thinking about you! (And backyard dance partying, shhhhhhh!)

Mrs.MoT

Post by Mrs.MoT »

FTE wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:44 pmAlright, who talked? How did she know about the backyard dances?!
*snorts out a laugh*

I try to be inclusive, because who knows what others believe. I like to leave options open, so whether you send good thoughts, say prayers, perform chants, make sacrifices, or dance naked in your backyard, I am grateful. :lol:
Have you ever, like, walked naked to the fridge in the middle of the night to get a drink or something, and then you realized that someone saw you? And then you realized you're kind of into it? If not, then it never happened to me, either. Ever. ;)
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Mrs.MoT wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:00 pm
FTE wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:44 pmAlright, who talked? How did she know about the backyard dances?!
*snorts out a laugh*

I try to be inclusive, because who knows what others believe. I like to leave options open, so whether you send good thoughts, say prayers, perform chants, make sacrifices, or dance naked in your backyard, I am grateful. :lol:
---------
Dance naked in my backyard--I am grateful!
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:12 pm
Mrs.MoT wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:00 pm
*snorts out a laugh*

---------
Dance naked in my backyard--I am grateful!
Well...naked wearing only...a watch. Or in the case of [mention]Halaku[/mention], two watches.
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Update:

Mrs.MoT had her second infusion today, and it went as well as the first.

She had blood work done beforehand and the numbers that came back related to white blood cell count, hemoglobin, platelets, kidney function, etc, greatly impressed her caregivers. They did recommend that she should take in more protein though. I teased her and said I guess we need to have some big steaks. :lol:

The bills are starting to roll in, and they are eye-watering. Fortunately, our insurance is pretty good so our responsibility while not insignificant, is manageable.

As always, thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and well-wishes.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Always great to hear a positive update! I think that both of your upbeat mentalities about such a hurdle are helpful in dealing with this while thing. As always, we are all keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers and wish Mrs. MoT the speediest of recoveries!

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:45 pmI think that both of your upbeat mentalities about such a hurdle are helpful in dealing with this while thing.
Well, as a pretty famous local musical duo says: "When life gives you lemons, you paint that **** gold." 8-)

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:45 pmI think that both of your upbeat mentalities about such a hurdle are helpful in dealing with this while thing.
Well, as a pretty famous local musical duo says: "When life gives you lemons, you paint that **** gold." 8-)
I am very familiar with that saying [emoji16]
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 371b8d.jpg[/IMG]

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote:
ManOnTime wrote:
I am very familiar with that saying [emoji16]
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 371b8d.jpg[/IMG]

:cool:

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT