We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2019 F1 Season

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: 2019 F1 Season

Post by Dub Rubb »

No real contributions (yet) other than my best man in my upcoming wedding has a striking resemblance to Lewis Hamilton (enough that a curious French tourist lady fully believed he was his cousin lol). I still love Ricciardo because he is just a happy SOB and makes me smile.

As far as V8 supercars go, that is probably the best racing going in motorsports right now. NASCAR that does road courses? Yes please! Fun fact, a couple years ago, they restricted the amount of alcohol you could bring in to Bathurst to like 24 beers per day. The fans were outraged and started burying beers in the off-season for later consumption lol.

Another aside, I happen to live 10 minutes away from the best road course on the NASCAR circuit and I tell ya, watching those cars with high HP and narrow tires battle through a road course is something else. Steering with the throttle is a must. Loose is fast. I used to hate on NASCAR(die hard Rally and F1 fan), but if you can appreciate true racing, you can learn to appreciate NASCAR, even the ovals. The pit crews themselves are pretty outstanding.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 am No real contributions (yet) other than my best man in my upcoming wedding has a striking resemblance to Lewis Hamilton (enough that a curious French tourist lady fully believed he was his cousin lol). I still love Ricciardo because he is just a happy SOB and makes me smile.

As far as V8 supercars go, that is probably the best racing going in motorsports right now. NASCAR that does road courses? Yes please! Fun fact, a couple years ago, they restricted the amount of alcohol you could bring in to Bathurst to like 24 beers per day. The fans were outraged and started burying beers in the off-season for later consumption lol.

Another aside, I happen to live 10 minutes away from the best road course on the NASCAR circuit and I tell ya, watching those cars with high HP and narrow tires battle through a road course is something else. Steering with the throttle is a must. Loose is fast. I used to hate on NASCAR(die hard Rally and F1 fan), but if you can appreciate true racing, you can learn to appreciate NASCAR, even the ovals. The pit crews themselves are pretty outstanding.

I heard about the beer thing a few years back. That's funny.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Congrats to Bottas. But what was that chunk of rose gold Hamilton was wearing on his wrist post race? Anyone get a good look? Also hate when a young up and comer has to hold back to let a vet get the points [emoji51]

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Bottas did dominate. I couldn't post here until today as I watched the race late on DVR. It seems Ferrari have not pace. I don't care what Hamilton said post race. His comment and tone during the race is telling that he was not happy that Bottas was in the lead and that he won. My man Magnussen dominated the "best of the rest" by coming in with 8 points in 6th place.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

I hope the changes made to Vettel car will make it more competitive in Bahrain. We should see more drafting and passing at the ends of straights at this race. It would be nice to see that since the changes for 2019 were to make it easier to follow and pass.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

It seems that Ferrari are back on top. At least for Qualifying placing 1st and 2nd. Le Clerc has some serious pace. Looking forward to some good racing tomorrow.
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Great seeing Merc not on top, LeClerc great job!
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

I just finished watching it on DVR. Poor LeClerc with that engine trouble. Not sure with the heck is with Vettel's car. I think Hamilton is in more trouble from LeClerc than Vettel. My team Haas had a terible showing. Usually Magnussen is well within the top ten while Grosjean's talent comes very infrequently. This years Mid Field is very intense and close.
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Team Haas fan you must be a masochist, they had a great first year but every and any thing can go wrong for them.

Over half a season wasted on problems with brake pads, double points first race of a new season lost to two lost wheels.......
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

tjcdas wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:09 pm Team Haas fan you must be a masochist, they had a great first year but every and any thing can go wrong for them.

Over half a season wasted on problems with brake pads, double points first race of a new season lost to two lost wheels.......
I like Magnussen's style. On track he is elbows out and makes that car very wide when he needs to. Off track, well, what he said to Hulkenberg made me laugh. Yes, Haas has certainly had their troubles. The main reason I support them is pride. We finally have and American team (yes we've had some in the past) and the fact that their American HQ is not more than two hours from my front door. And I'm in that city a few times a year. Which reminds me I need to get up there and take a tour, if they'll let me.

I can't support Hamilton. I truly just don't like the guy's persona. Vettel, while on top of his game when at Red Bull, was awesome to watch. I actually pulled every year for Rosberg just to watch him smash Hamilton's fragile ego. One of these day's I plan to go COTA'S track to watch F1.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

For some reason, I am a Ricciardo fan. I can't explain it. He just seems so happy to be doing what he is doing and seems generally likeable. I feel like someone like him is going to appreciate a big win more than anyone else in the field. Whether that actually happens. . . we will see.

tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

I have a hard time rooting for a guy who drinks from his own shoe, from a hot chick yes from my sexy wife yes.

Even worse when Patrick Stewart drank from Ricardo's shoe, get a room guys.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Am I the only one who still can't get over the "halo" implemented last year?!? Man do I feel like it ruins the entire aesthetic of the car, especially from a profile view. Safety be damned, the bravery of the men behind the wheel was always a defining factor of the draw of F1 since the beginning of it's existence. It's not like we are back in the 60's/early 70's where I would have encouraged this. The modern era drivers have a better chance dying in a crash on their commute to the track than they do on track. The halo is just so effing ugly!!! First you give the cars traction control, then you take away the glorious sounds of high revving NA motors, and then you have the audacity to make them look hideous?!?!

Sorry, needed to get that of my chest /rant

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

On to another rant. Do you think Rolex had enough sponsorship at the race today?

As much as I want an Explorer I, it pains me to know that a big part of what I would be paying for is these billboards covering 40% of the ad space.

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:31 am Am I the only one who still can't get over the "halo" implemented last year?!? Man do I feel like it ruins the entire aesthetic of the car, especially from a profile view. Safety be damned, the bravery of the men behind the wheel was always a defining factor of the draw of F1 since the beginning of it's existence. It's not like we are back in the 60's/early 70's where I would have encouraged this. The modern era drivers have a better chance dying in a crash on their commute to the track than they do on track. The halo is just so effing ugly!!! First you give the cars traction control, then you take away the glorious sounds of high revving NA motors, and then you have the audacity to make them look hideous?!?!

Sorry, needed to get that of my chest /rant

I truly hate the Halo. We can't see the Drivers as well anymore and the video footage from the onboard camera now is garbage. I used to like to watch the onboard since you could watch the front suspension working. now all I see is the Halo blocking my view of the action. I also don't care for the new onboard camera that faces the Driver which I suppose is to make up for the Halo blocking our view of the Driver. Whats the point? All we see is a visor and his hands turning the wheel.

On to today's race. Ferrari have lost their way. What happened to the dominant car they supposedly have? My team, Haas has just sucked these past two races. On another note it was nice to see the Honey Badger in P7 in the points.