We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Where are you all?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
PetrosD
MoT Member

Re: Where are you all?

Post by PetrosD »

I'm just outside of Annapolis, MD, USA (home of the U.S. Naval Academy).

Unfortunately, I seem to only have photos on my phone of other places, so the image is from a Google search.Image
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

PetrosD wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:17 pm I'm just outside of Annapolis, MD, USA (home of the U.S. Naval Academy).

Unfortunately, I seem to only have photos on my phone of other places, so the image is from a Google search.Image
Mrs.Mot's has quite a few paternal relatives in Delaware. In 2012 we drove through Annapolis once while driving from Raleigh, NC (where a sister of her's was living at the time) to Wilmington, DE. We didn't stop, but what we could see while crossing the Bay and Kent Island from the car was pretty nice.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I'm in Niwot, Colorado. It's a small town near Boulder, which itself is about 35mi north of Denver.

Some scenes from Boulder and near by...

Partial view of the Flatirons
150721-CAM00063.JPG
Drive to work
IMG_20190211_094252978-01.JPG
View from the office onto Pearl Street and the Flatirons
IMG_20190606_121835290_HDR.JPG
A particularly scenic and trafficky sunset on the drive home
IMG_20150918_190249.JPG
Around Niwot
IMG_20190609_194856318_HDR.JPG
Living a comeback montage.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

^^^ Jealous as f*ck.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Dub Rubb wrote:Also funny that what they lack in physical coordination, they make up for with color coordination.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
So wrong. lol
Robotaz
MoT Member

Where are you all?

Post by Robotaz »

It’s amazing how cleaning up waterways has affected wildlife. I have no idea how river otters make it into tributaries, but I’m really proud as a human that we’ve gotten our **** together enough that they’re coming back in Midwest rivers and creeks.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:43 pm ^^^ Jealous as f*ck.
Well, I dug up the best local photos I could find on my phone. Colorado is quite beautiful. Do a google image search of "Maroon Bells". Came here 14yrs ago and haven't left. Although with the cost of living climbing ever higher, Idaho is looking more and more attractive.

The workspace is also quite the upgrade from the moldy basement I was in before...
office_space_film_graphic.jpg
Last edited by peskydonut on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

@peskydonut - beautiful mate.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

peskydonut wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:42 pm
Robotaz wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:43 pm ^^^ Jealous as f*ck.
Well, I dug up the best local photos I could find on my phone. Colorado is quite beautiful. Do a google image search of "Maroon Bells". Came here 14yrs ago and haven't left. Although with the cost of living climbing ever higher, Idaho is looking more and more attractive.

The workspace is also quite the upgrade from the moldy basement I was in before...

office_space_film_graphic.jpg
My wife and I love to travel. We are taking a short trip at the end of the week and had talked about Colorado among other places. I'm putting Maroon Bells on the list!

You certainly have found a beautiful place to live...and maybe more importantly, I hope no one moves your stapler :lol: .
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Split-Time wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:54 am My wife and I love to travel. We are taking a short trip at the end of the week and had talked about Colorado among other places. I'm putting Maroon Bells on the list!
Not sure where you're coming from, but if you find yourselves in Northern Colorado, Estes Park is a good place to spend (at least) a day. You've got the Rocky Mountain National Park, Stanley Hotel from The Shining (spoiler: not really), restaurants, touristy shops, etc.

Send me a message if you find yourselves in my neck of the woods (around Boulder). If the timing works out, maybe we can grab dinner or something.
Split-Time wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:54 am I hope no one moves your stapler :lol: .
That would certainly be the last straw.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

peskydonut wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:36 pm
Split-Time wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:54 am My wife and I love to travel. We are taking a short trip at the end of the week and had talked about Colorado among other places. I'm putting Maroon Bells on the list!
Not sure where you're coming from, but if you find yourselves in Northern Colorado, Estes Park is a good place to spend (at least) a day. You've got the Rocky Mountain National Park, Stanley Hotel from The Shining (spoiler: not really), restaurants, touristy shops, etc.

Send me a message if you find yourselves in my neck of the woods (around Boulder). If the timing works out, maybe we can grab dinner or something.
Split-Time wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:54 am I hope no one moves your stapler :lol: .

The Stanley did inspire the book, just not the Kubrick movie. My wife is a HUGE Stephen King fan and we stayed at the Stanley for part of an anniversary trip.

20141029_153237.jpg
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:30 pm The Stanley did inspire the book, just not the Kubrick movie. My wife is a HUGE Stephen King fan and we stayed at the Stanley for part of an anniversary trip.
Yes! And The Shinning miniseries was actually shot there.

We stayed there one night too. My wife's a sucker for a good ghost tour.
four20
MoT Member

Post by four20 »

Sporkboy wrote:Arlington, MA (USA). In the greater Boston area and commute in daily for work. I am so ready for the jackets to come off and for watch spotting season to begin again.
I'm a little over an hr north (ex-wife's from Arl). Work in Portsmouth, NH. Closing on a house in Sanford, ME in Sept and currently living in my folk's lakehouse 25mins west of PortlandImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

four20 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:03 pm I'm a little over an hr north (ex-wife's from Arl). Work in Portsmouth, NH. Closing on a house in Sanford, ME in Sept and currently living in my folk's lakehouse 25mins west of Portland
Looks amazing!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

peskydonut wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:36 pm

I am in North Alabama but my wife and I love to travel. I have been to Colorado several times for work but my wife has never been. It's always fun to go where you know someone, so we will be in touch if we come out your way!