We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Where are you all?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: Where are you all?

Post by Robotaz »

peskydonut wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:43 pm ^^^ Jealous as f*ck.
Well, I dug up the best local photos I could find on my phone. Colorado is quite beautiful. Do a google image search of "Maroon Bells". Came here 14yrs ago and haven't left. Although with the cost of living climbing ever higher, Idaho is looking more and more attractive.

The workspace is also quite the upgrade from the moldy basement I was in before...
office_space_film_graphic.jpg
My wife is working on getting her license in AZ so that I can move back, but it takes months and a ton of money. Got awhile hunkered down here hanging on for the ride. I’m so burned out it’s hard to even get out of bed.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

four20 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:03 pm
Sporkboy wrote:Arlington, MA (USA). In the greater Boston area and commute in daily for work. I am so ready for the jackets to come off and for watch spotting season to begin again.
I'm a little over an hr north (ex-wife's from Arl). Work in Portsmouth, NH. Closing on a house in Sanford, ME in Sept and currently living in my folk's lakehouse 25mins west of PortlandImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
We fell in love with Maine about ten years ago have have been making fairly regular trips. One of my grandmothers was from near Dover and met my grandfather in Portsmouth when he was in the navy. Beautiful area!
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Next door to the Turnpike.

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 9.37.08 PM.png
WestSideEcoDrive

Post by WestSideEcoDrive »

Oro Valley AZ. About 80 miles south of Phoenix and 20 miles north of Tucson.

Born and raised in Dayton Ohio. Moved to Phoenix when I was 20. I spent 8 years in Phoenix before moving to Tucson. Been here since 2008 and love it.

I will never leave Oro Valley. I can’t think of a nicer place to live and retire.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

peskydonut wrote:
Well, I dug up the best local photos I could find on my phone. Colorado is quite beautiful. Do a google image search of "Maroon Bells". Came here 14yrs ago and haven't left. Although with the cost of living climbing ever higher, Idaho is looking more and more attractive.

The workspace is also quite the upgrade from the moldy basement I was in before...
Funny follow up....I grew some nads and finally moved back west. I live on the western slope in CO, which I consider the very northeast edge of the southwest. Used to live in Flagstaff, AZ, so it feels familiar here. We love it. I’m very blessed and fortunate to be able to move around like I have. I’ve had just enough income to save up and make some big moves. Then I’m broke again. But I’m rich if you talk blessings and life experiences.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:57 pm
peskydonut wrote:

Funny follow up....I grew some nads and finally moved back west. I live on the western slope in CO, which I consider the very northeast edge of the southwest. Used to live in Flagstaff, AZ, so it feels familiar here. We love it. I’m very blessed and fortunate to be able to move around like I have. I’ve had just enough income to save up and make some big moves. Then I’m broke again. But I’m rich if you talk blessings and life experiences.
Congratulations on the move! ...and you know, the new pair. Western slope is so cool, the landscape is very different form the part of Colorado where I am. Wife (girlfriend at the time) and I used to drive all over the state when we first got here in 2005.

Some photos of the Mesa Verde pueblos from around that time:
Living a comeback montage.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

I'd love to visit Colorado one day. I think I will have a great time driving around and doing hikes everywhere. I used to live in Oregon and I really miss the landscape there.