We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Returning/Shipping a watch to Poland... Any issues?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
yellowbear
MoT Member

Returning/Shipping a watch to Poland... Any issues?

Post by yellowbear »

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can offer some insight/advice. I bought a blue Avantgarde from Vratislavia Conceptum, based in Poland. The watch came defective--a chip in the dial, which the owner knew about but shipped to me anyway without any disclosure. I sent him an e-mail about it and he's offered to give me a refund, but not for return shipping (Paypal will refund me anyway). BUT the clerk at the Post office told me that jewelry is on the list of prohibited items for Poland (https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ps_008.htm) and it may get confiscated. Has anyone successfully sent a watch there? If yes, how did you fill out the declaration form? I've e-mailed the seller about this and he said to send the watch back without declaring--is this allowed? He added, I can write "used watch" and put $16 as the value if I absolutely have to. What are your thoughts? I don't want to risk it and get screwed out of $350. Thanks in advance.
konax
MoT Member

Re: Returning/Shipping a watch to Poland... Any issues?

Post by konax »

yellowbear wrote:jewelry is on the list of prohibited items for Poland
What? This is BS. How do you think we buy watches (Pole here)? [emoji3]
I have bought multiple watches from the US, both new and used, and no seller ever informed me of such thing, sooner or later they all arrived. However most (if not all) shipments from the US get taxed with customs duties, but that's an issue on our side of the pond, not yours.
I think you should just describe it what it is - returning a defective item.
opigez58
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Returning/Shipping a watch to Poland... Any issues?

Post by opigez58 »

I never use usps for shipping watches, better to use
https://usgshipping.com/shipping-to-eur ... d-from-usa
or my us. They are reliable plus they have agent in Poland who knows how to get items out of Customs.