We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Members helping members with shipping restrictions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Members helping members with shipping restrictions

Post by watchpalooza »

Several of us have found deals with sellers that for one reason or another cannot / will not ship to our location. We are such an international group here, and I believe we can leverage that to help one another.

Here is what I can offer: For any watch deals in the EU that do not ship to your location, I will gladly reship for you as long as you reimburse the shipping. Just PM me if there is a need and I will help.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
pdsf
MoT Member

Re: Members helping members with shipping restrictions

Post by pdsf »

While I was (still am) looking for info/threads on customs fees in the US, I came across this. What a nice gesture! Thank you so much. I know it was posted a wee while ago, so, of course, if your offer has changed, that's totally understandable. I do appreciate the community spirit. My work hours limit my ability to do the same, but if anyone does need help, PM me. I am based in Atlanta in the US.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

pdsf wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:25 am While I was (still am) looking for info/threads on customs fees in the US, I came across this. What a nice gesture! Thank you so much. I know it was posted a wee while ago, so, of course, if your offer has changed, that's totally understandable. I do appreciate the community spirit. My work hours limit my ability to do the same, but if anyone does need help, PM me. I am based in Atlanta in the US.
Thanks for jumping in here. Community spirit is what we are all about. The offer definitely still stands, though only one member to date has had me bid/win an item on ebay and re-ship to them (most deals work the other way, from U.S. back to Europe). On a personal note, I used to live in ATL while working fror BellSouth downtown (Peachtree St, of,course). Have family still in Woodstock.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Been here since 2018. The local GTGs have led to new friends, and that's where @TheJohnP told me about this place. Folks say ATL is a very different place now (e.g., Buford Highway is thriving and cool vs "I wouldn't go there if I were you" said to me 10 years ago when I was here first). Come back and visit!

Based on a recent experience, it seems some carriers may have lowered maximum insurance limits on items like watches (or I just didn't know the capped limit was relatively low for things like watches). That might be something to consider when reshipping.