We're Moving!

Click for more info.

WUS Name and other sites you post on?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

WUS Name and other sites you post on?

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

I for one happen to post on WUS as, "Spirit of the Watch" and would very much like to change my MOT name over to that if possible (wasn't sure if I was going to stick around or not).

Otherwise, I used to post on a few sport sites but have lost interest over time. Same w/ a few car sites. Now my online presence is only WUS and MOT...….. albeit that's been going down as well. :lol:
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Re: WUS Name and other sites you post on?

Post by tommy_boy »

I use the same member name everywhere I post, with maybe one or two exceptions.

Other than on various watch forums, I'm pretty much a lurker.
Last edited by tommy_boy on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Same name here as on WUS.
I will very occasionally post on Jalopnik, Gizmodo, or I09

Have contemplated looking more into WatchInTyme, as they have a very active deals thread and interested if they have any members only listings.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Same name here and on WUS. I used to be on VWVortex for quite some time, but mostly in the car lounge sub forum(non VW specific). Now my entire social media exposure is here and WUS. Also, forum handle is the same as my gamertag.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

I use the same name,mostly I use Tapatalk for watch forums,I post in TRF,WUS,IWL,Paneristi,tz-uk
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

I'm atdegs all over the place. Mostly WUS (banned), and TZ.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I use the same handle, [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] , over on WUS too although I'm way more active here. That's also my seller name on eBay.
No other forums for me at the moment. [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] You mentioned WatchInTyme so I just had a look over there. I'm not really familiar with it but there is something called Lee's Picks of the Day that largely seems to be re-posts from our deals thread. Is that what it usually is? That Pepsi Sea Urchin from PTW had been available for days at the very least. I finally decide to post it and then it goes up on their site an hour later. 🤔 Some of the other deals I saw there were posted this morning by [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention] I wonder are there alot of duplicate members between here and there?

https://watchintyme.com/forumdisplay.ph ... of-the-Day
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Not sure about WatchInTyme, [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] other than they do have a deals thread too. IIRC, they also list out deals by brands as well.

Not sure if they're following along here or not. But they are certainly more active in regards to deals than over at WUS these day.

No one has mentioned being a WIT member yet, but not to say there isn't crossover.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:I use the same handle, [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] , over on WUS too although I'm way more active here. That's also my seller name on eBay.
No other forums for me at the moment. [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] You mentioned WatchInTyme so I just had a look over there. I'm not really familiar with it but there is something called Lee's Picks of the Day that largely seems to be re-posts from our deals thread. Is that what it usually is? That Pepsi Sea Urchin from PTW had been available for days at the very least. I finally decide to post it and then it goes up on their site an hour later. [emoji848] Some of the other deals I saw there were posted this morning by [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention] I wonder are there alot of duplicate members between here and there?

That is strange. The Joma deal I get, as it was one of the daily deals, but I cherry picked that Ball chrono out of a wall of Ball watches on sale. Not mad, just think MoTs HUISABH forum should get a little nod. Kinda like some of us will give slick deals the nod when we find a deal there. No biggie, at least our deals are being sought after!

negakinu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by negakinu »

Same user name on Watchuseek. I mostly post in F71, though. :) Just registered on MOT today. I missed you guys. ;)
Never spend more than $100 on a Mushroom!
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:21 am
yinzburgher wrote:I use the same handle, @yinzburgher , over on WUS too although I'm way more active here. That's also my seller name on eBay.
No other forums for me at the moment. @TheJohnP You mentioned WatchInTyme so I just had a look over there. I'm not really familiar with it but there is something called Lee's Picks of the Day that largely seems to be re-posts from our deals thread. Is that what it usually is? That Pepsi Sea Urchin from PTW had been available for days at the very least. I finally decide to post it and then it goes up on their site an hour later. [emoji848] Some of the other deals I saw there were posted this morning by @Dub Rubb I wonder are there alot of duplicate members between here and there?

That is strange. The Joma deal I get, as it was one of the daily deals, but I cherry picked that Ball chrono out of a wall of Ball watches on sale. Not mad, just think MoTs HUISABH forum should get a little nod. Kinda like some of us will give slick deals the nod when we find a deal there. No biggie, at least our deals are being sought after!

Yea, there's definitely no nod to this forum at all. Every day for the last four days that guy just reposts what he finds here on this site and adds one or two that he presumably finds on his own. A little irritating but I guess it just shows the value of the deals thread here.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

It is irritating. A little credit, or a link to this place recognizing the hard work you guys do wouldn't be too much to ask. 🤔
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

People aren’t stupid. If someone steals deals from here, simple googling will point people here after 1-2 researches of the code or model.

@robotazky
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:50 pm People aren’t stupid. If someone steals deals from here, simple googling will point people here after 1-2 researches of the code or model.

@robotazky

I can agree, to a point.

We have no definite proof that deals are being lifted from here, but it certainly looks that way. I don't care if deals are being posted elsewhere, what is pretty crappy is passing them off as "Lee's Picks of The Day" as if he did the actual hunting to find them, other than just visiting here.

(I do like how he cuts/pastes the watch info and specs though.)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:57 pm
Robotaz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:50 pm People aren’t stupid. If someone steals deals from here, simple googling will point people here after 1-2 researches of the code or model.

@robotazky

I can agree, to a point.

We have no definite proof that deals are being lifted from here, but it certainly looks that way. I don't care if deals are being posted elsewhere, what is pretty crappy is passing them off as "Lee's Picks of The Day" as if he did the actual hunting to find them, other than just visiting here.

(I do like how he cuts/pastes the watch info and specs though.)

They don't allow mention of other forums, so that could be a reason:

No posting of links or copied material from other watch forums, unless approved by a moderator. This would include adding a link to another watch forum/group in your signature, this is not permitted. Do not solicit WatchinTyme members to join other watch forums or groups. Direct recruitment of WatchinTyme members through the WatchinTyme forum will result in enforcement actions, which may include being permanently banned from the forum.

https://watchintyme.com/showthread.php? ... Tyme-Users
Click Icon To Contact Me