We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Car Photos

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Car Photos

Post by watchpalooza »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:03 pm The cool thing with all the race cars pictured, I actually get to see and more importantly hear them rip around the track.
Oh man, I miss Petaluma Speedway and Sear’s Point.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I drove by a garage in Sausalito and saw this, so I obviously had to stop and take a pic![IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 3d3c72.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

FTE wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:03 pm The cool thing with all the race cars pictured, I actually get to see and more importantly hear them rip around the track.
Oh man, I miss Petaluma Speedway and Sear’s Point.
I believe you, especially when it gets to be this time of year! I am gonna miss the vintage races this year because honeymoon, but am gonna try to catch them at Laguna Seca. This is a great area to live in as a motorsports fan.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

[mention]FTE[/mention] I am very jealous that you got to see a CLK-GTR, a 190E DTM car and a freaking C11. And in one picture!!!
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 752e5e.jpg[/IMG]

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

The Lancia above is sharp. 959, too.

@robotazky
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Based on some of the cars pictured that are owned by member's, I obviously didn't apply myself hard enough at getting that right career that would have made me a lot of money. I glad you guys have the funds and time for such awesome toys.

Seems the only picture I have left of my "fun"car is this one. It was a 2006 325i with that god awful N52 engine. Honestly! Who uses aluminum header bolts on a magnesium block? They snap in half if you just look at them. Anyway the car was fun to drive but hell to maintain. I sold it (along with my soul) to buy a Camry.

[img][/img]

The family did have something that was fun for a number of years though, a Cessna 172F with a 6cyl instead of the standard 4cyl. lol
The last I saw it was down in Florida rotting away in some little FBO.

[img][/img]
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

1980(?) 300CD turbo diesel coupe. Great on the highways, not so interesting on the backroads. I guess I was driving this ~1998.
300CD_front.jpg
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Rocat wrote:
Seems the only picture I have left of my "fun"car is this one. It was a 2006 325i with that god awful N52 engine. Honestly! Who uses aluminum header bolts on a magnesium block? They snap in half if you just look at them. Anyway the car was fun to drive but hell to maintain. I sold it (along with my soul) to buy a Camry.
C'mon man! I just posted that I owned 3 MKII Jettas! We ain't all doing fantastic! Also, I feel your pain on the Camry. I first bought a used Camry for my work car. I realized it was perfect for the non enthusiast, but I personally HATED it. Maybe it was because it was the only automatic I have ever owned. Maybe it was because it was the only car with stock suspension I had ever owned. Either way, I only made it 2 months lol. It's never too late to redeem your soul. I am not saying to go out and buy a Porsche, but you can be both practical AND fun.

I don't want this post to feel insulting, to each his own, and for some a Camry is the perfect vehicle. Just not me. And I do think a modern Camry is a much better car than the 2000 or so one I drove. Hell, I bet a new Camry could smoke my 16Vs in a straight line!!!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

BostonCharlie wrote:1980(?) 300CD turbo diesel coupe. Great on the highways, not so interesting on the backroads. I guess I was driving this ~1998.
300CD_front.jpg
Honestly, this may be the best built Mercedes of all time (barring some S classes). Just built to last. I still see these everywhere running like champs. Just a great representative of what Mercedes once was.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

BostonCharlie wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:06 pm 1980(?) 300CD turbo diesel coupe. Great on the highways, not so interesting on the backroads. I guess I was driving this ~1998.

300CD_front.jpg
Great googly moogly...do you still have it?

Stunning car and absolutley indestructible. Any car from "the best or nothing" era is a winner.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Rocat wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:20 pm Based on some of the cars pictured that are owned by member's, I obviously didn't apply myself hard enough at getting that right career that would have made me a lot of money. I glad you guys have the funds and time for such awesome toys.

[img][/img]

The family did have something that was fun for a number of years though, a Cessna 172F with a 6cyl instead of the standard 4cyl. lol
The last I saw it was down in Florida rotting away in some little FBO.

[img][/img]
I'm well in to the car scene here and online, but my daily ride is a 2004 Grand Marquis with just about 250k on the clock. Why? Because it never dies and is cheap. For example, I replaced the intake manifold in 2017 for $125. Honing the deck with a sharpening stone was fun too. :lol:

I'm a little spoiled though, I'm known as Hired Gun in my circle of car friends cause I get to pilot all thier cars. Maybe cause they have some pity on me, maybe because I'm a bit of a hot shoe. (Embarassing a spec level Miata with a Chrysler 300 SRT8 with a TON of suspension work on a road course was hilarious.)

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

CVP33 wrote:OLD ONE:

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/yNCjNvQZ/image-62.jpg[/img]

NEW ONE:

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/LXHgKH1x/Chris_c7_ ... al_III.png[/IMG]

Former greats:

1997 Anniversary Edition Z28
2004 CTS-V
2005 CTS-V
2006 300C SRT8
2006 300C SRT8 - procharged with 625rwhp 10.74@128.5mph 1/4 mile
2010 CTS- V Sedan - pullied, injectors 625rwhp
2013 Convertible ZL1
2012 CTS-V coupe
2016 Corvette Z06 Callaway Edition 757hp/777tq 10.50@131mph 1/4 mile
2019 Corvette Z06 Stock for now

Favorite car stuff:

Waxing a loud mouth GTR owner in my 5,000lb. SRT8 at a track rental at MIR
VIR full course in 2:06
Honorary Starter and Sponsor for the 4 Wide Nationals at ZMax in Charlotte
Sponsor #9 NASCAR 2017
Pit wall and pit box view All Star Race in 2017

So much awesome here! That SRT is ridiculous!!! A GTR is no slouch in the 1/4 mile. And while I think it could have been a close race, you destroyed him on reaction time! That heavy beast effing launches!! Impressive.

As far as the funny car/top fuel goes, it sucks that it is impossible to capture that insanity on video. You just have to be there to feel it. That's right, FEEL it. Not hear it (without ear plugs, you wont be able to hear anything for a couple of days!). I remember being about where you are and trying to watch a couple passes without ear protection. After one side by side burnout, I was fairly sure my ears were leaking blood. Between that and CH3N02 fumes, it could be considered by some a torture. But man do I go back every year. My favorite is the practice on Friday night when you get to see the flames!

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:25 pm
BostonCharlie wrote:1980(?) 300CD turbo diesel coupe. Great on the highways, not so interesting on the backroads. I guess I was driving this ~1998.

300CD_front.jpg
Honestly, this may be the best built Mercedes of all time (barring some S classes). Just built to last. I still see these everywhere running like champs. Just a great representative of what Mercedes once was.

ManOnTime wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:46 pm ...

Great googly moogly...do you still have it?

Stunning car and absolutley indestructible. Any car from "the best or nothing" era is a winner.
Thanks! I sold it to an enthusiast long ago after purchasing our first family car: a 300TD wagon, lol. We have since proceeded down the family car path to a 2010 Ford Flex. On our road trips the Flex has been a trooper. As I crowd 50, however, I find myself thinking back to my first fun car, a 1972 (air cooled, standard transmission) VW camper bus. Not a performer -- I watched the temp gauge closer than my speedometer. I carried a tool box and found myself making roadside repairs a few times. But it was a real kick to drive on back roads, and, dude, it's a VW camper. I lived in it with my dog during my final year at college, a feat made possible by California's mild weather. Dub Rubb, didn't you mention camping in your VW? VWs were made for making memories (ugh, sounds like a marketing slogan).
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

A VW Westfalia and a 300TD wagon. Those are some seriously cool car chops.

I love the simplicity of air cooled VWs. You can rebuild the engine on the side of the road with essentially just a hammer and a screw driver. (OK, that's hyperbole, but just a little!)

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:22 pm
Rocat wrote:
C'mon man! I just posted that I owned 3 MKII Jettas! We ain't all doing fantastic! Also, I feel your pain on the Camry. I first bought a used Camry for my work car. I realized it was perfect for the non enthusiast, but I personally HATED it. Maybe it was because it was the only automatic I have ever owned. Maybe it was because it was the only car with stock suspension I had ever owned. Either way, I only made it 2 months lol. It's never too late to redeem your soul. I am not saying to go out and buy a Porsche, but you can be both practical AND fun.

I don't want this post to feel insulting, to each his own, and for some a Camry is the perfect vehicle. Just not me. And I do think a modern Camry is a much better car than the 2000 or so one I drove. Hell, I bet a new Camry could smoke my 16Vs in a straight line!!!

It's all good man. I'm not down on myself. It was meant in jest. Although some of my child hood friends and acquaintances own mutli brand car dealerships and another runs the sales department for half the East coast of a major Life Insurance company. Others are plugging away as drones in Government as Agency Heads like our fathers did as well.

If we're talking old Mercedes then I can join in (at least these were in the family for decades when I was younger).
Dad seemed to be a bit of a Mercedes Nut back in the day. We had a 1972 220D that Mom drove for years. We also had a late 1960's 190E gas model. It was old school cool. Both of those cars were slow as molasses in winter though.

It's all good. Bring on more car pictures people.