We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Car Photos

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: Car Photos

Post by Dub Rubb »

CVP33 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:54 pm
CVP33 wrote:
Watching this video should finish you off. LOL

VIR
I never get tired of seeing this, but I really miss the oak tree :(

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Definitely gave the track character. VIR reminds me of when you have a round of golf at Pinehurst. A month later you watch professionals on TV golf or drive the same course and you go.......dear god, so that's why they call 'em professionals. Humbling, but beautiful track. So happy it's an hour and 10 minutes from my house.
You are kind of inspiring me. I have never taken any of my cars to the track (a couple of modded VW MKII 16Vs which I am sure would be a blast or my work car, the Focus ST). The sad part is, I live about 10 minutes away from Sears Point(Sonoma Raceway now). I think I need to do it. I have driven my same cars on that track sim racing, but I really have no excuse not to ACTUALLY do it. It looks like a blast.

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

I use to 1/4 mile race....a lot. Had a 10 second, full bodied 300C SRT8. Surprised more than a few with 645rwhp. Like this fine young gentlemen (actually very **** jackhole) in a GTR. Gave up 1/4 mile racing. The way I explained it to my buddies who golf, was, imagine only going to a driving range. That's what 1/4 mile racing is. Just blast the car down a straightaway. Now imaging the full game of golf. Finessing a car around a corner at the edge of adhesion at over 150mph is absolutely a mind-focusing endeavor. If you think about anything other than driving you WILL crash. I'm not an adrenaline junky, but I thoroughly enjoy the mental challenge of driving a sports car at the limit. My rule is that if I make 2 mistakes within 1 minute, it's time to pull in the pits and get my head straight.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:36 am
59yukon01 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:41 am
ManOnTime wrote:
Nice truck. I hope it serves you as well as the last one.
So do I. [emoji41] I'm one that prefers to drive something for a long time in order to get my monies worth.
That sounds familiar. I tend to drive something until it's crumbling under me. Of course, the one we have now has to start doing it at the most inconvenient time! :lol:

Totally jinxed myself. It left me stranded today and I'm currently at a loss as to why.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

CVP33 wrote:I use to 1/4 mile race....a lot. Had a 10 second, full bodied 300C SRT8. Surprised more than a few with 645rwhp. Like this fine young gentlemen (actually very **** jackhole) in a GTR. Gave up 1/4 mile racing. The way I explained it to my buddies who golf, was, imagine only going to a driving range. That's what 1/4 mile racing is. Just blast the car down a straightaway. Now imaging the full game of golf. Finessing a car around a corner at the edge of adhesion at over 150mph is absolutely a mind-focusing endeavor. If you think about anything other than driving you WILL crash. I'm not an adrenaline junky, but I thoroughly enjoy the mental challenge of driving a sports car at the limit. My rule is that if I make 2 mistakes within 1 minute, it's time to pull in the pits and get my head straight.

Haven't raced myself but I knew a couple of 1/4 mile racers, it seemed to me most of the hobby time was spent working and modifying the car to shave that extra fraction off the time. I guess that's car racing of any type, getting ready for race day. Fun though.

Are there any races for the type of driving you do?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

IMG_20190630_133656.jpg

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:
IMG_20190630_133656.jpg
At first, I was gonna guess ACR judging by the splitter, but I don't think there is any angle that you can photograph an ACR without seeing that massive wing. Still sweet nonetheless. A slightly modified Viper is the scariest car I have ever driven. In a good way!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Here is a car. Kinda. Don't really know what to make of this.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:11 pm
ManOnTime wrote:IMG_20190630_133656.jpg
At first, I was gonna guess ACR judging by the splitter, but I don't think there is any angle that you can photograph an ACR without seeing that massive wing. Still sweet nonetheless. A slightly modified Viper is the scariest car I have ever driven. In a good way!

'97 GTS with added aero bits. The owner (a friend) tracks it and does fairly well.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Slant
MoT Member

Post by Slant »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:46 pm Missed the Cougar:

Hey Robotaz, I've seen you years ago on the M5 forum ;) Quite a jump from the 5 to the R!!

Nice ride by the way. Saw a yellow one just this afternoon - not sure if that's a factory colour or a wrap but looks super sharp none the less... What colour is yours?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:12 pm Here is a car. Kinda. Don't really know what to make of this.

If I'm not mistaken its one of the vehicles modded for the pyro show at the Bay Area Maker's Faire. They stage a life-size mechanical dinosaur battle with lots of fire.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

That 912 Targa is very nice. Turkey Green is a pretty rare color, too.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Found this parked on the street in Munich near a friends apartment last night.
47A52AEC-32BC-4A01-A256-E82ECA6026A6.jpeg
69C7D353-3CEE-433B-9382-A7B6DF02F310.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

A '70 Challenger decked out like a stock car must draw a lot of attention in Germany.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Unfortunately, our 251,419.3 mile Mercury Grand Marquis has gone to the big scrap yard in the sky.
IMG_20190711_110254.jpg
Mrs.Mot and I certainly didn't want to buy a car right now, but we really had no choice. We picked up a one-way rental and drove out to Madison, Wisconsin to pick it up this past Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to take any pictures of it yet, except for last night. Here you go. :lol:

(I'll award One Internets to the first person to guess what it is. Hint: It's pedestrian, but pretty high-tech pedestrian.)
IMG_20190712_222732.jpg

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT