We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Random Thoughts

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by PetWatch »

peskydonut wrote:Yep, hard as a rock. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me 17 times shame on me.
We have pretty much given up on all fruits and produce from Costco, got tired of paying to take out their garbage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

PetWatch wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:19 pm
peskydonut wrote:Yep, hard as a rock. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me 17 times shame on me.
We have pretty much given up on all fruits and produce from Costco, got tired of paying to take out their garbage.

Maybe it's localized, but most of the stuff we get there honestly isn't bad. Except for peaches. They're either rock hard or mush. Reminds of of Eddie Izzard's take on fruit...

Living a comeback montage.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

peskydonut wrote:

Maybe it's localized, but most of the stuff we get there honestly isn't bad. Except for peaches. They're either rock hard or mush. Reminds of of Eddie Izzard's take on fruit...

Lol, true. It's probably local, it started changing a couple years though you wouldn't know it by the number of stores they keep opening up or how crowded they are.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

peskydonut wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Hold on a minute...

You live in the state that produces, bar none, the best peaches in the USA and you have trouble finding good ones?!

(I suppose the growing season is over...)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:58 pm
peskydonut wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:29 pm
PetWatch wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:19 pm We have pretty much given up on all fruits and produce from Costco, got tired of paying to take out their garbage.

Hold on a minute...

You live in the state that produces, bar none, the best peaches in the USA and you have trouble finding good ones?!

(I suppose the growing season is over...)
It's true, palisade peaches are insanely good. I think that's how they get me. Once in a while I'll hit jackpot and then keep gambling the rest of the year.
Living a comeback montage.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Kobe's gone at 41......my mind's blown. Anyone at anytime folks........So I guess just enjoy your time here and try to help others enjoy their time here too.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

This one hits hard. I wasn't a big Kobe fan, but his age and kids ages make this seem more real. So sad his daughter was with him.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

yinzburgher wrote:Kobe's gone at 41......my mind's blown. Anyone at anytime folks........So I guess just enjoy your time here and try to help others enjoy their time here too.
I agree with anyone at anytime, but the longer anyone spends in a helicopter, the more they see risk of drama. Planes glide. Helicopters thud like rocks unless they have very specific circumstances that allow the prop to reverse.

You won’t catch me in a helicopter anymore. Nope.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

My dog woke me up last night. I saw someone walk by in my camera feed.

Woke up a few hours later, discovered a few lug nuts were taken off my father's car.

This is the second incident within 30ish days.

Worst thing is, legally I can't do anything about even if I had confronted him/them.

California. Sigh
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

whoagorgeous wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:00 pm My dog woke me up last night. I saw someone walk by in my camera feed.

Woke up a few hours later, discovered a few lug nuts were taken off my father's car.

Worst thing is, legally I can't do anything about even if I had confronted him/them.

California. Sigh
Agree...cali is the worst for personal rights.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

whoagorgeous wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:00 pm My dog woke me up last night. I saw someone walk by in my camera feed.

California. Sigh
You could, ahem..... "Fear for your safety"
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

whoagorgeous wrote:My dog woke me up last night. I saw someone walk by in my camera feed.

California. Sigh
This is just terrible. IMO in this circumstance, you should legally be able to iron things out. With a tire iron. Reminds me of the guy in Washington(?) Who woke up to his truck being stolen. Ran outside and fired a couple rounds at the truck a hundred yards down the road as it was being stolen. Landed a head shot and is facing 25 to life.

Personally, I think this is a perfect example of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". If there is no fear of someone ending your time on this earth, what is to stop people from stealing all the things?!?

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sometimes I want to post comments that will lead to a charged political discussion, but then I remember the guidelines and don't.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

ManOnTime wrote:Sometimes I want to post comments that will lead to a charged political discussion, but then I remember the guidelines and don't.
The problem is not with a charged discussion, the problem is some people equate it to an attack on the very fiber of their being, hence the playground rules so all kiddies can safely play.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

When your package arrives to your city on a Friday afternoon, but delivery sill won't happen until Monday "by end of day."

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find