We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Random Thoughts

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

This is hilarious until... you realize they want you to bring the in-laws with you and ruin the sanctity of this escape.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

What happens if you get bored with your family crest, or think it’s ugly? Can you just change it? How does one even do that?

Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

For 2023 Casio should do a collab with the National Hockey League due to its original commercial in 1983

This is such an iconic commercial that continued until 1998

And their modern respect it

Plus this

It's not unfair to say Casio owes some of its early success with the G Shock line to good marketing and this hockey commercial. Yet they've never done any sort of hockey collab.

Oh, and obviously it should be with the dw5600.

From Casio:
A slapshot by a professional hockey player was all it took to send this G-Shock into history and into a goalies mitt, literally. If it can handle a slapshot, it can handle your life. We like to refer to it as the quintessential G-Shock.
https://www.casio.com/products/watches/ ... dw5600e-1v
-William Osler
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

I dreamed last night that it cost nearly $3000 to feed my family at Disney World -- it was just hamburgers, too. I recall thinking I would have preferred buying a watch for the money.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

BostonCharlie wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:00 am I dreamed last night that it cost nearly $3000 to feed my family at Disney World -- it was just hamburgers, too. I recall thinking I would have preferred buying a watch for the money.
----------

And no standing on lines!
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

My Mom was wrapping a small, flat box, and the piece of wrapping paper she had was just barely too small. So I shared my "one weird trick" for wrapping gifts: turn the box edge 45 degrees to the edge of the paper. She was able to easily wrap the box with the paper. YMMV.
NeedWatch12Step
MoT Member

Re: Random Thoughts on Telling Time

Post by NeedWatch12Step »

I wonder what “13:00 am Central European Time” is.
And why the superior intellect of the Stowa Chatbot cannot help explain it to me.
9545955E-E783-4225-A5AE-6423363D5A94.png
Robotaz
MoT Member

Random Thoughts

Post by Robotaz »

Someone needs to create a simple depository for employers and prospective employees to upload/download/share personality tests/resumes/cover letters/slide decks and other standardized employment tools where the owner of the data can either download and forward, or provide access to a new potential employer. Doing these things over and over is inefficient, and also starts skewing data by having people become more and more familiar with the format and questions.

Employers should all know about the site and automatically upload a prospective employees data to the user’s site account, with account number being provided on all applications across the workforce.

It all needs to be cleaned up.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

For those who haven't joined in on the MoT Discord, you missed some real excitement today.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

I lost my motivation to work during it and haven't been able to get back on track. Haha
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Robotaz wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:12 pm Someone needs to create a simple depository for employers and prospective employees to upload/download/share personality tests/resumes/cover letters/slide decks and other standardized employment tools where the owner of the data can either download and forward, or provide access to a new potential employer. Doing these things over and over is inefficient, and also starts skewing data by having people become more and more familiar with the format and questions.

Employers should all know about the site and automatically upload a prospective employees data to the user’s site account, with account number being provided on all applications across the workforce.

It all needs to be cleaned up.
I have wondered if the job application process at some orgs is deliberately soul-killing in order to weed out people who would balk at the yoke. Sorry, it's the wine talking, lol. The giveaway was "balk at the yoke," that's just too much but I left it there anyhow because I think it's funny.

Whatever this thing is that you suggest, I'll add that it should be organized as a co-op, so its mission remains 100% aligned with its users. Enough of these social-media startups that court users with promises of putting them first and then selling them out at the first opportunity.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:39 pm For those who haven't joined in on the MoT Discord, you missed some real excitement today.
Such a tease!!!!!!!! Tell us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

20220111_162113.jpg
20220112_151643.jpg
20220112_181310.jpg
I've been in Istanbul for about 24 hours now. Anyhow, I visited a local mall and was surprised to see a Timex presence. It seems to have taken away from the Casio/G Shock presence. Walked by several watch shops and can confirm it wasn't this one shop. With local uh.. economic fluctuations the stores had no customers and I didn't go in to discuss price. You have to haggle here and no one pays the sticker price.

Still should be a sign towards Timexs rising star over the last several years.
-William Osler
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Man On Time nude calendar fundraiser? ;-)
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

BostonCharlie wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:15 am Man On Time nude calendar fundraiser? ;-)
Very random...or not ;)

Did you mean nude MoT for 12 months, or nude MoT members, 1 (or more) per month?