Random Thoughts

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by peskydonut »

Shopping at Costco. Two thoughts:

1. Shopping carts need turn signals
2. Costco is a great place to experience impermanence...in the Buddhist sense
Living a comeback montage.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

A few years back on Black Friday, I went with family into NYC. I saw someone outside of a Starbucks drop a DSLR or SLR camera from across the street. The thing exploded into a thousand pieces.

Later that day we went into the American Girl Doll Store. Science has yet to discover a more effective form of birth control and I am guessing never will.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

I'm sorry to hear of his current situation..... I enjoy his brief videos online and I hope he can overcome his wife's terminal cancer, addiction, not to mention whatever else he's facing.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Spirit of the Watch wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:54 pm

I'm sorry to hear of his current situation..... I enjoy his brief videos online and I hope he can overcome his wife's terminal cancer, addiction, not to mention whatever else he's facing.
Brilliant guy, my wife and I enjoy his insights very much.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I'm right-handed, but also prefer to wear my watch on the right hand. I wonder if I'm more prone to scratching my watches than someone who wears their watches "correctly", since I wear them on my dominant and thus more active hand.
Living a comeback montage.
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

peskydonut wrote:I'm right-handed, but also prefer to wear my watch on the right hand. I wonder if I'm more prone to scratching my watches than someone who wears their watches "correctly", since I wear them on my dominant and thus more active hand.
My nephew is also right-handed and wears his watch on the right hand. Part of me worries that he'll damage the watch (or his guitar; he's a musician), but part of me is just glad he wears a watch.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

peskydonut wrote:I'm right-handed, but also prefer to wear my watch on the right hand. I wonder if I'm more prone to scratching my watches than someone who wears their watches "correctly", since I wear them on my dominant and thus more active hand.
I'm the same!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

It's hard for me to think of something I dislike more than chatting with Comcast/Xfinity representatives when a promotional period expires and the bill jumps by 25% or more.

I'd almost rather have my teeth or fingernails yanked out with no anesthetic.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:46 am It's hard for me to think of something I dislike more than chatting with Comcast/Xfinity representatives when a promotional period expires and the bill jumps by 25% or more.

I know that struggle all too well.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

At the dealer for routine maintenance. Oh how I'd like to be going home in the car this is attached to.
IMG_20200221_112701.jpg

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

ManOnTime wrote:It's hard for me to think of something I dislike more than chatting with Comcast/Xfinity representatives when a promotional period expires and the bill jumps by 25% or more.

Conversely, one of my favorite conversations ever was when I called to shut off service and close my account. They were all ready to be difficult when I informed them that I was moving to an area where they had no presence, and they were welcome to continue providing service for the next tenant if they wanted to, but there wasn't one yet, and the billing wouldn't be my problem after the end of the month.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

The problem with those crappy cable providers is that they’ve figured out they can tell you they’ll turn it off and do nothing. The person on the phone gets a bonus for “keeping someone who called wanting to disconnect” and you’re calling over and over to get it turned off, while they keep billing you. Spectrum does this. When you call them it sounds like you’re calling the Philly hood to disconnect. They just laugh and leave you on.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:19 pm The problem with those crappy cable providers is that they’ve figured out they can tell you they’ll turn it off and do nothing. The person on the phone gets a bonus for “keeping someone who called wanting to disconnect” and you’re calling over and over to get it turned off, while they keep billing you. Spectrum does this. When you call them it sounds like you’re calling the Philly hood to disconnect. They just laugh and leave you on.

Reason #367 why monopolies are dumb.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I bought a new French press on an impulse while browsing/getting ideas at Ikea today.

French press and Aeropress are probably my favorite ways to make coffee.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:08 pm I bought a new French press on an impulse while browsing/getting ideas at Ikea today.

French press and Aeropress are probably my favorite ways to make coffee.
I reallly do need to look into Aeropress but I still have 3 boxes of 100 regular cone filters to get through :lol: