We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rolex Flip Challenge

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Re: Rolex Flip Challenge

Post by BillionaireDoors »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:46 am @BillionaireDoors Occasionally I get these coupons for a discount on selling fees or final value fees. Have you found that you get more of these coupons if you sell more or has it stayed the same of is it just random? I like to auction lower cost items whenever and save the higher cost items for when I get a seller discount but you can never really count on getting one.
I have received a few of these recently for various categories. Any discount is nice, but I don't put a lot of effort into maximizing them.

If you sell a $1000 item, the normal fee is $100. The fee with the discount would be $70. Would dropping the price $25-50 make someone more likely to buy it? Probably not much. You also have to sell it within the first 30 days for the discount to apply.

I sell most of my items Buy It Now with or without Best Offer. I've done well on a few items with auctions. I look at the market and make a guess.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:00 am
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:46 am @BillionaireDoors Occasionally I get these coupons for a discount on selling fees or final value fees. Have you found that you get more of these coupons if you sell more or has it stayed the same of is it just random? I like to auction lower cost items whenever and save the higher cost items for when I get a seller discount but you can never really count on getting one.
I have received a few of these recently for various categories. Any discount is nice, but I don't put a lot of effort into maximizing them.

If you sell a $1000 item, the normal fee is $100. The fee with the discount would be $70. Would dropping the price $25-50 make someone more likely to buy it? Probably not much. You also have to sell it within the first 30 days for the discount to apply.

I sell most of my items Buy It Now with or without Best Offer. I've done well on a few items with auctions. I look at the market and make a guess.
Thanks. Almost all of the seller discounts I've received have been different in some way, i.e. % of discount, make an offer only, specific categories, etc. I received one or two in that capped the fees at $20 no matter the final selling price. I'd love to get one of those again but that was a while back.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:15 am Anybody find items to sell this weekend?

I sourced close to $1000 in profit at retail stores including $800 at Kohl's yesterday. Already have most of it ready to drop off at UPS. Now I have $385 in Kohl's Cash to spend this week.
What'd you find at Khols? I never thought to look to buy new stuff...
I wish that watch were 38mm?
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Boourns wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:24 am
BillionaireDoors wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:15 am Anybody find items to sell this weekend?

I sourced close to $1000 in profit at retail stores including $800 at Kohl's yesterday. Already have most of it ready to drop off at UPS. Now I have $385 in Kohl's Cash to spend this week.
What'd you find at Khols? I never thought to look to buy new stuff...
I have a couple of items that I restock when Kohl's has the 40% off coupons, and I check the clearance areas in the stores. Found a good clearance item and went to 6 stores to find more.

A lot of items (toys, electronics, certain brands) are excluded from coupons, so that limits your options.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

I went to the rest of the Kohl's stores around here and found another $700 profit. The products I sent in are selling as soon as they hit the warehouses.

It takes a long time to build your Amazon account to the point where you can sell better name brands, but it's worth the effort.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Good week on Amazon. How is everyone else doing with their sales?

7 Days
$4,203.49
51 Units Sold
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Today was 50% off at all Goodwill stores here. Found some amazing items. I'm talking $25 -> $500. I'll post some of them here tomorrow.

Just made another watch sale on Amazon. Amazon takes patience, but it's working out so far.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Damn BD! I am glad to see you killing it out there! It is really eye opening just how much you can make on the second hand market. I really appreciate you posting all the items and what you bought/sold them for. You should be able to pick up a Daytona soon at the rate you are going!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Here's an item I scored from NextDoor last week. Neighbor thought it didn't work. It was just air locked. Sells for about $350 used on eBay.

BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Here are a few of my Goodwill finds from yesterday. Reply below if you can figure out exactly what they are and the values.

Paid $2.50

Paid $10

Paid $4

Paid $5

Paid $4
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

This is a store demonstrator display showing the difference between new and worn out shocks. Variants of this have been used throughout the years and this appears to be a fairly recent version though I don’t have dates. June 23rd has one sell for $95 and someone else has tried to sell one at that price only to have it currently listed again. $80 seems to be reasonable here as you have priced it. Inventory doesn’t help you if you are holding onto it forever for the right person, best to make the profit and move along.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Rolex Flip Challenge

Post by Sporkboy »

ImageBronze Mickey ‘The Thinker’ seems to have gone for ~$45-$80 shipped, so $100 seems a tad high even though your pictures are better than the comps.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Sporkboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:57 pm ImageBronze Mickey ‘The Thinker’ seems to have gone for ~$45-$80 shipped, so $100 seems a tad high even though your pictures are better than the comps.
Yes, but I have the lowest current price. We'll see if anybody wants him. I've priced things before at prices that I thought were slightly high, and they sold quickly. I can always drop the price after I get some watchers.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

BillionaireDoors wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:57 pm ImageBronze Mickey ‘The Thinker’ seems to have gone for ~$45-$80 shipped, so $100 seems a tad high even though your pictures are better than the comps.
Yes, but I have the lowest current price. We'll see if anybody wants him. I've priced things before at prices that I thought were slightly high, and they sold quickly. I can always drop the price after I get some watchers.
True. There is also a bigger audience for Mickey anyway. eBay is a funny place and the supply of things and the prices can fluctuate quite a bit.
squincher
MoT Member

Post by squincher »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:03 pm Here are a few of my Goodwill finds from yesterday. Reply below if you can figure out exactly what they are and the values.

Paid $10
Arai is a top of the line MC helmet. They sell new for around $550 to around $800 depending on the model. Could be a tough sell if it isn't new in the box or if it is older than 5 years.