We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Grimoldi watches

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Sussa
MoT Member

Grimoldi watches

Post by Sussa »

In mid-June, there was a HUISABH post promoting good prices on Zodiac watches from Grimoldi Watches, plus a 15% discount that would be offered after a few days of abandoning your cart. I've had my eye on a champagne dial Zodiac Olympos for awhile, and Grimoldi offered it as a pre-order with a 30 day lead time.

The first hiccup came with my preferred credit card. The credit card company would not process the purchase, even after I called and was escalated to a higher tier customer support, because of an alleged high risk of fraud. I've had difficulty using this card for foreign transactions (Grimoldi is based in Italy, I'm in the US) in the past, so I dismissed this as a problem on my end. The payment link expired after multiple failed attempts, and Grimoldi promptly sent me a new payment link upon request. I was able to complete the transaction with another card on the first attempt.

Then I received a notice that the last of this model had just shipped from the warehouse to another customer, but they would contact Zodiac and order one for me. This struck me as odd because the watch was shown as a pre-order on their site and had been that way for at least a week. I had no expectation that there was inventory available. They asked for 10 days to get back to me with an estimated delivery date from Zodiac.

After 10 days and no response, I contact Grimoldi customer support again. They apologize for not getting back to me and say that Zodiac cannot provide an estimated ship date because of "customs and COVID." I contact Zodiac to see what their production plans are. This model is still shown on their site, with an option to receive an email when it's back in stock. However, Fossil Group customer support tells me there are no plans to produce more of this model number.

I ask Grimoldi to cancel the order and refund my credit card. They agree and say the refund should be processed in 48 hours. A week later with no refund, I contact them again for an update and say that if the refund is not issued by the end of the following week, I will open a dispute with my credit card company. I have a refund within hours. Due to changes in the exchange rate, I lost about $15.

tl;dr: Customer service always responded promptly to my emails, within one business day, but follow-through on actions was not always timely. I don't know what kind of experience you will have buying a watch that's in stock on their site, but be wary of any pre-orders.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Grimoldi watches

Post by TheJohnP »

Shame of a situation, and it could've been much worse as far as losses.
But appreciate the story and a retailer to be cautious about.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find