We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Codek Spiral - official MOT watch?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Re: Codek Spiral - official MOT watch?

Post by Klaatu3 »

So among those that ordered one earlier this past week (@ the amazing TIMEBUM discount) and got an order confirmation, who has gotten a shipping notification yet? I can see why they could be a little backed up with all the new orders...

Getting anxious yet? :?
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

I've received the watch yesterday, ordered on the 10th, some are delayed due to needing to be regulated.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Received mine yesterday but I ordered before the delay shipping notice.

I bought the deal and received a pleasant surprise, not a frequent occurrence. It looks much better than expected. The spiral dial doesn't seem to bother me as it did on pictures. I like the distintive quirky dial too and the exhibition caseback, something I like in all my auto's.

The caseback has two small pry marks presumably from prying it open to regulate. A screw on caseback along with a multi case finish could have enhanced its appeal in my opinion.

Definitely worthy of a good wrist trial, and I think it may be a keeper. I already have a bracelet picked out.

Haven't taken the protective plastic off yet.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

A little polishing with a dremel on the top of the watch would be pretty easy.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Klaatu3 wrote:So among those that ordered one earlier this past week (@ the amazing TIMEBUM discount) and got an order confirmation, who has gotten a shipping notification yet? I can see why they could be a little backed up with all the new orders...

Getting anxious yet? :?
Ordered confirmation but no shipping confirmation yet for me. Not too worried as I just got two watches in the mail since the time I ordered that one! This is the only one left coming in. Gives me something to look forward to I guess.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Screenshot_2019-09-17-11-37-49.png
Dial up -1.5 spd, should be a few seconds slower when wearing need to put Gerald on the timegrapher.
Metallman
MoT Member

Post by Metallman »

I received the blue Spiral Saturday, and finally got a chance to unbox it. Looks very nice, it's bigger than it appears in the pictures (good thing) which I was concerned about when I ordered it. So far after 8 hours it's -3 but I will give the movement a chance to even out over the next several days.
The only bummer is there is a nice dent on the very outside edge around 5:30. I took a couple of pictures and was going to e-mail Chris when I decided to look on the website first.

According to the website, I am just going to have to live with it, per the site:

Codek LLC DBA Codek Watches offers a 2-year, limited warranty. The warranty begins when the watch is received and it solely covers mechanical defects of the movement. If the warranty request is valid, then it functions as a partial refund to cover the cost of the repairs. The warranty does not cover any imperfections of the movement, case, strap or any other cosmetic imperfection. If the watch is operational and functional, the warranty will not apply.

I can't be too bummed, I mean I only paid $130 for the watch and given the movement and black Shell Cordovan strap (which is unfortunately way too short for my 8.25 wrist) it was a great bargain. I certainly don't want to send it back for a refund. Just going to have to get a new strap for it and enjoy!!
snorlax99

Post by snorlax99 »

Hello all!

Long time lurker, first time poster just wanting to thank the forum for this smoking deal. I ordered a blue Spiral sans strap on September 11. Also waiting for a shipping notification.
CitizenV

Post by CitizenV »

I received an email this morning. They unfortunately oversold the burgundy strap and I was among one of the last to purchase it :(. That's a bummer but not that big of a deal. They had some black straps left at least.

Hopefully it ships soon.

cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

CitizenV wrote:I received an email this morning. They unfortunately oversold the burgundy strap and I was among one of the last to purchase it :(. That's a bummer but not that big of a deal. They had some black straps left at least.

Hopefully it ships soon.
Received the same email. Option to take a black strap, take $20 off, or cancel the order. So there should be another blue Spiral available on the site soon for those who missed out. [emoji846]
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

I got #1. #300 due to arrive later.

Chris said I got the first and last watch of the entire collection [emoji51]
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

That is awesome [mention]quincas[/mention]!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

cheddar wrote:
CitizenV wrote:I received an email this morning. They unfortunately oversold the burgundy strap and I was among one of the last to purchase it :(. That's a bummer but not that big of a deal. They had some black straps left at least.

Hopefully it ships soon.
Received the same email. Option to take a black strap, take $20 off, or cancel the order. So there should be another blue Spiral available on the site soon for those who missed out. [emoji846]
I received the email as well. Was really looking forward to the burgundy strap, but figure a black cordovan strap is better than a $20 refund. Not a fan of black straps though, so this might be a quick sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CitizenV

Post by CitizenV »

Rabirnie wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:49 am I received the email as well. Was really looking forward to the burgundy strap, but figure a black cordovan strap is better than a $20 refund. Not a fan of black straps though, so this might be a quick sell.
I was as well, but after I got that email and thought about it, I actually don't have much use for a thick burgundy strap. Most of my 20mm lug watches that I'd pair with thick strap would be better suited with a black strap. I think it works out better for my collection, and I can use my existing burgundy cordovan strap for my Codek.
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

CitizenV wrote:
Rabirnie wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:49 am I received the email as well. Was really looking forward to the burgundy strap, but figure a black cordovan strap is better than a $20 refund. Not a fan of black straps though, so this might be a quick sell.
I was as well, but after I got that email and thought about it, I actually don't have much use for a thick burgundy strap. Most of my 20mm lug watches that I'd pair with thick strap would be better suited with a black strap. I think it works out better for my collection, and I can use my existing burgundy cordovan strap for my Codek.
See I don’t have a burgundy strap, but liked the idea of the contrast it would offer from the blue dial. I have zero attraction to black leather straps. Maybe that will change over time, but man I just don’t enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk