We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Codek Spiral - official MOT watch?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
snorlax99

Re: Codek Spiral - official MOT watch?

Post by snorlax99 »

Opinions on putting the spiral onto a strap code super Jubilee? Would it work?
cairoanan
MoT Member

Post by cairoanan »

Blue spiral on geckota rastrick

I think it works as a modern dress watch. Center wave dial is very Omega Seamasterish.
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

M111 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:41 am I don't know if I'm going to get my blue one or not. I got a very disjointed email yesterday saying that I had ordered one without a display box and that only ones with a box were going out but that I could also add cash and get a strap. I wrote back and said that I would do the $130 that was originally offered for the watch with strap and box. I haven't heard anything back yet. It was a confusing email saying that he couldn't send the watch heads in padded envelopes.
I got an email this morning that my debit card has been refunded. There was no other explanation at all. Well, this was a complete bunch of ****! The refund hasn't shown up on my account yet, and as screwed up as this whole episode has been, I'll believe it when I see it. Yes, it was a hell of a deal, but the way it was handled makes me understand completely why they seem to be in trouble as a watch company!
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

cairoanan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:05 am Blue spiral on geckota rastrick

I think it works as a modern dress watch. Center wave dial is very Omega Seamasterish.
Looks greaf, do you think version in the all brushed finish would work?
cairoanan
MoT Member

Post by cairoanan »

tjcdas wrote:

Looks greaf, do you think version in the all brushed finish would work?
Based on the pics in this thread, any straight end bracelet will work. The all brushed would probably be better honestly since the only thing polished I can see is the case back[emoji6]
ttl2
MoT Member

Post by ttl2 »

That's such a coincidence for me. I have a bundle of WatchGecko straps from an ebay auction, but the first bracelet I bought from there (only a few months ago, meant for the Seiko Alpinist) was that very same one. Ended up using a Stainless/Gold Oyster bracelet instead with the SARB017, and wasn't sure the Brushed/Polished Rastrick would suit the Codek, but it looks great in your photos.

I also have the matching curved ends, not sure if that's a no-go. My Codek is stuck in London so far...!
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

dumberdrummer wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:14 pm
I posted this over in the "Bargains" thread, but probably more appropriate here. (And for the record, I think what really is "distasteful" here is the way in this was handled by Codek)...

NAD. Regarding Codek...if this is how he ran his business while he was actually still "in business", I could see why he's in Fire Sale mode now. I canceled my order and requested an immediate refund, so somebody else will end up with just my blue watch head.

Codek Watches <chris@codekwatches.com>
Fri 9/20/2019 12:59 AM
Hello D,

Unfortunately I have too many competing orders and too few straps left. So I won't be able to fulfill all of the orders and many will get cancelled unfortunately. So if you'd like to keep your order, the stipulation is that you'd need to accept the watch with no strap with no partial refund of $20. If you are okay with this, then you'll be in the batch that receives the watch. If you aren't okay with this, then i'll have to cancel your order and refund since I simply can't fulfill the order. I hope you understand, let me know.

Best regards,
Chris

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 9:27 AM Dumber Drummer <dumberdrummer@hotmail.com> wrote:
Chris,

The Black Shell Cordovan will be fine (unless, of course, a tan cordovan strap magically appeared😉). Appreciate you letting me know and for offering me the option.

Best, D.
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:33 AM
To: Codek Watches <chris@codekwatches.com>
Subject: Codek Watches - Burgundy Straps

Hello,

Regarding your Codek Watches order that you placed a few days ago - I got the last batch of watches back from the watchmaker today, and after sorting out all of the orders, I found out that I oversold a few units of the Burgundy Shell Cordovan strap. Unfortunately, you were among the last to purchase it. I have a very limited quantity of Black Shell Cordovan straps that exchange for the Burgundy. Or I can deliver the watch without a strap with a $20 refund. Or I can cancel your order if you aren't happy with either of those options. Please let me know and I apologize for the inconvenience.

--
Chris Jo | Founder at Codek | +1.925.577.4150
www.codekwatches.com
Allow me to share some unexpected closure to my Codek story. After replying to Chris's last email from the above string (where I asked him to cancel my order altogether), I received an email from him in the wee hours of Saturday morning asking me for my order number (I presume in order to process the refund). An hour later (again during the very wee hours of the morning) I receive an Order Shipment email with USPS tracking (pre-shipping, indicating that a label had been created)??? Needless to say, I figured this was in error, based on my earlier request for the order to be canceled/refunded altogether. But instead of contacting Chris right away, I said to myself...."self, let's see how this plays out". Well, low and behold, look what shows up in the mail today. Brand spankin' new and even with the originally ordered burgundy shell cordovan strap! Now that I've got the watch in hand (or, on wrist), I've got to say it's really a shame with how the entire "business side" of this played out (both with my particular transaction and whatever might have caused Codek to go into fire sale mode in the first place), because the watch itself really is quite impressive.
ttl2
MoT Member

Post by ttl2 »

Mine is on its way, but..... #*&"!#*?
Means (probably) Royal Mail £8 Handling Fee + 20% of around £121. Bah.

I think I've just missed the minimum for Customs charges (£135?).
bobusa
MoT Member

Post by bobusa »

ttl2 wrote:Mine is on its way, but..... #*&"!#*?
Means (probably) Royal Mail £8 Handling Fee + 20% of around £120. Bah.

That is royal [emoji146] pain. [emoji3]
ttl2
MoT Member

Post by ttl2 »

bobusa wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:52 am
ttl2 wrote:Mine is on its way, but..... #*&"!#*?
Means (probably) Royal Mail £8 Handling Fee + 20% of around £120. Bah.

That is royal [emoji146] pain. [emoji3]
I should count my blessings really...

I got this a few months ago https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/heads ... st48210767
and, somehow, got a Creation Watches Seiko 5 "Free Registered Airmail" without charges quite recently, so, I'm not doing too badly.

Supposedly Customs/HMRC are tightening their belts, but who knows.

Edit 27th September (1pm-ish UK time): Got a card about half an hour ago - £30.92 total charge (including the £8 Royal Mail Handling Fee).
Last edited by ttl2 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
CitizenV

Post by CitizenV »

I got my blue Codek yesterday. It looked like they packaged it in a bit of a rush? The extra spring bars were just loose inside the shipping box. I only noticed they were there because they rattled around on the bottom as I was about throw away the box. Then there was the strap buckle. The spring bar wasn't seated so the buckle came off as soon I as tried to buckle the strap, and I almost dropped it. I assume this isn't representative of Codek before this inventory clear out though.

I'm not a fan of the strap. It doesn't seem as high quality as the other cordovan straps (and other l leather accessories ) that I own.

@Rabirnie, for your reference, here's my Codek on a Fluco strap from sandtuhr. It's not the burgundy, but dark brown which still has some red/purple hues to it.
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

CitizenV wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:53 am I got my blue Codek yesterday. It looked like they packaged it in a bit of a rush? The extra spring bars were just loose inside the shipping box. I only noticed they were there because they rattled around on the bottom as I was about throw away the box. Then there was the strap buckle. The spring bar wasn't seated so the buckle came off as soon I as tried to buckle the strap, and I almost dropped it. I assume this isn't representative of Codek before this inventory clear out though.

I'm not a fan of the strap. It doesn't seem as high quality as the other cordovan straps (and other l leather accessories ) that I own.

@Rabirnie, for your reference, here's my Codek on a Fluco strap from sandtuhr. It's not the burgundy, but dark brown which still has some red/purple hues to it.
From that angle and lighting, I can't tell the difference between your Fluco strap and the burgundy Horween which came with the watch!
bobusa
MoT Member

Post by bobusa »

Blue Codek on $16 Amazon Bracelet mentioned in the above posts. Thanks to @Halaku who posted bracelet link

nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

dumberdrummer wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:38 pm
dumberdrummer wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:14 pm
I posted this over in the "Bargains" thread, but probably more appropriate here. (And for the record, I think what really is "distasteful" here is the way in this was handled by Codek)...

NAD. Regarding Codek...if this is how he ran his business while he was actually still "in business", I could see why he's in Fire Sale mode now. I canceled my order and requested an immediate refund, so somebody else will end up with just my blue watch head.

Codek Watches <chris@codekwatches.com>
Fri 9/20/2019 12:59 AM
Hello D,

Unfortunately I have too many competing orders and too few straps left. So I won't be able to fulfill all of the orders and many will get cancelled unfortunately. So if you'd like to keep your order, the stipulation is that you'd need to accept the watch with no strap with no partial refund of $20. If you are okay with this, then you'll be in the batch that receives the watch. If you aren't okay with this, then i'll have to cancel your order and refund since I simply can't fulfill the order. I hope you understand, let me know.

Best regards,
Chris

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 9:27 AM Dumber Drummer <dumberdrummer@hotmail.com> wrote:
Chris,

The Black Shell Cordovan will be fine (unless, of course, a tan cordovan strap magically appeared😉). Appreciate you letting me know and for offering me the option.

Best, D.
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:33 AM
To: Codek Watches <chris@codekwatches.com>
Subject: Codek Watches - Burgundy Straps

Hello,

Regarding your Codek Watches order that you placed a few days ago - I got the last batch of watches back from the watchmaker today, and after sorting out all of the orders, I found out that I oversold a few units of the Burgundy Shell Cordovan strap. Unfortunately, you were among the last to purchase it. I have a very limited quantity of Black Shell Cordovan straps that exchange for the Burgundy. Or I can deliver the watch without a strap with a $20 refund. Or I can cancel your order if you aren't happy with either of those options. Please let me know and I apologize for the inconvenience.

--
Chris Jo | Founder at Codek | +1.925.577.4150
www.codekwatches.com
Allow me to share some unexpected closure to my Codek story. After replying to Chris's last email from the above string (where I asked him to cancel my order altogether), I received an email from him in the wee hours of Saturday morning asking me for my order number (I presume in order to process the refund). An hour later (again during the very wee hours of the morning) I receive an Order Shipment email with USPS tracking (pre-shipping, indicating that a label had been created)??? Needless to say, I figured this was in error, based on my earlier request for the order to be canceled/refunded altogether. But instead of contacting Chris right away, I said to myself...."self, let's see how this plays out". Well, low and behold, look what shows up in the mail today. Brand spankin' new and even with the originally ordered burgundy shell cordovan strap! Now that I've got the watch in hand (or, on wrist), I've got to say it's really a shame with how the entire "business side" of this played out (both with my particular transaction and whatever might have caused Codek to go into fire sale mode in the first place), because the watch itself really is quite impressive.
This is my watch 😁, that Chris promised to ship soon, but a cancellation email came next day.
Even though I don't care much - got 2 Codecs before at a larger price, this one was intended as a gift- all and all
very mixed feelings from this experience. Not an adult way of doing business.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Seeing so many of the Spirals on bracelet, I was inspired to pick one up for myself.
But thought I'd try something a little different and think it turned out nicely.
Picked up a blue stainless steel bracelet off Amazon and I think the colors are a pretty good match.

20190928_150929.jpg
20190928_150925.jpg
20190928_150927.jpg
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find