We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Amazon.co.uk with shipping to US (fail)

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Amazon.co.uk with shipping to US (fail)

Post by BostonCharlie »

I thought I jumped on a BF deal (exactly one month ago) from Amazon.co.uk to be shipped to the US, and their system seemed to be handling that okay. But I just learned that the package was returned to them by the carrier. I confirmed my address in their system, too, so it's hard to see what I could do differently in the future. The truth is I bought the deal, so no tears, and Amazon fully refunded the transaction.

Has anybody been able to buy from Amazon.co.uk for delivery to an international destination?
borgil
MoT Member

Re: Amazon.co.uk with shipping to US (fail)

Post by borgil »

I have had items as big as a wine refrigerator shipped to France without any issue but no experience with shipping outside of the EU.

Did you see how far it went from the tracking information?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Same here, no issue shipping from amazo UK within the EU, but no experience with shipping outside the EU.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

The tracking information suggests that it's been stuck in US customs since 12/18. So maybe it wasn't really returned to Amazon but rather is lost or sidetracked somewhere. Maybe it will show up at my door someday. Glad to hear that it's worked for y'all.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

BostonCharlie wrote: The tracking information suggests that it's been stuck in US customs since 12/18. So maybe it wasn't really returned to Amazon but rather is lost or sidetracked somewhere. Maybe it will show up at my door someday. Glad to hear that it's worked for y'all.
It may still be in customs. Is it in Chicago? 

Last big Chris Ward sale I bought a Trident 300 and a strap. They shipped separately, and the watch arrived in a few days. The strap was stuck in customs for 2+ weeks. I even sent a help email to USPS and the response was basically "it's out of our control."
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Boourns wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:36 am
BostonCharlie wrote: The tracking information suggests that it's been stuck in US customs since 12/18. So maybe it wasn't really returned to Amazon but rather is lost or sidetracked somewhere. Maybe it will show up at my door someday. Glad to hear that it's worked for y'all.
It may still be in customs. Is it in Chicago? 

Last big Chris Ward sale I bought a Trident 300 and a strap. They shipped separately, and the watch arrived in a few days. The strap was stuck in customs for 2+ weeks. I even sent a help email to USPS and the response was basically "it's out of our control."
ISC Chicago is the giant Black Hole of USPS for international packages inbound to the States.

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I contacted UPS and they basically said it's missing -- the black hole has claimed its victim. Better a G-Shock from Amazon than a grail.
GirchyGirchy

Post by GirchyGirchy »

I've had several items shipped to the US from Amazon.co.uk, without issue. Unlucky you I guess. :(
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I bought a watch from Amazon UK several years ago, which was shipped from Germany with no problems.