We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Watchmann online store review

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Watchmann online store review

Post by Watch your Wristwatch »

Just like most of my purchases for watches, I research the brand/piece, read and watch lots of reviews than start pursuing the HUISABH thread and other ways to save a buck. I've been searching for a Damasko Ds30 for several months debating new vs used. I finally started the process with Watchmann by putting the item in my cart and then checking to see the shipping charges for which there were none. I let it sit in my shopping cart overnight to sleep on it, because after all it's almost $1k. I got an email from Greg Stein at Watchmann the following morning asking if I needed help with anything. (like most companies do, a bot more than likely hoping for a bite) After a few emails back and forth I asked if they offered any additional discounts. He replied "no" that those prices he cannot change however he would either throw in a Damasko strap tool, regulate the watch for me or offer an additional extended 2yr warranty. I also wanted to split up the payment in two (so the wife would only see one!) and within minutes, I get a response that this was OK. I got an invoice emailed, an additional 2yr warranty and guaranteed 2 day delivery. Super impressed with the personal touch that Greg offered. Little things like that make a big impact on my buying decisions. In two days from today I will be a proud owner of a Damasko DS30 and I am as giddy as a school girl. Highly recommend Watchmann.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Watch your Wristwatch on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VCheng
MoT Member

Re: Watchmann online store review

Post by VCheng »

Good to know. Thanks. I almost bought from them a few times, yet their site is not so user friendly for searching and the prices are not so competitive in general. I finally gave up. I will have no hesitation when the next chance come. Congratulations for the new toy.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I bought one watch from them. Very happy with the experience. Certainly would buy from them again.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I bought a Laco from their watch bargains a couple of years ago and everything went smoothly. I have read nothing but good things about Greg, so wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Post by Watch your Wristwatch »

VCheng wrote:Good to know. Thanks. I almost bought from them a few times, yet their site is not so user friendly for searching and the prices are not so competitive in general. I finally gave up. I will have no hesitation when the next chance come. Congratulations for the new toy.
Their site is a little antiquated but the service makes up for it. If you know what you want and they stock it, more than likely they'll work with you on your purchase.

Last edited by Watch your Wristwatch on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

Watch your Wristwatch wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:49 pm
VCheng wrote:Good to know. Thanks. I almost bought from them a few times, yet their site is not so user friendly for searching and the prices are not so competitive in general. I finally gave up. I will have no hesitation when the next chance come. Congratulations for the new toy.
Their site is a little antiquated but the service makes up for it. If you know what you want and they stick it, more than likely they'll work with you on your purchase.

Yup, I would like to pay slightly more for good service. Good advice. Thanks.