Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
yellowbear
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by yellowbear »

Well crap. I bought the green Oris Aquis from Rakuten Global that I posted in HUISABH and apparently the seller GOSH uses a freight forwarding service and Ebates won't give me the 20% cash back :cry: Has this happened to anyone else?

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... e930df.jpg[/IMG]

[img][/img]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

From a non-participating Rakuten purchasing forum member, seem getting cashback from RGM is threading a needle and a big gamble.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

yellowbear wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 am Well crap. I bought the green Oris Aquis from Rakuten Global that I posted in HUISABH and apparently the seller GOSH uses a freight forwarding service and Ebates won't give me the 20% cash back :cry: Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, but I think you may have a chance here. What "freight forwarding service" did they use? According to their listing they were going to use "JP Post EMS". Did they use them or someone else? If they did indeed use a freight forwarding service other than JP Post EMS, then you are probably screwed as this is specifically excluded on the Ebates website:

Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on the purchase or redemption of gift cards. Cash Back is not available on a purchase shipped to Japan or when freight forwarding services are used. Cash Back is not available on a purchase placed through the Ebates app.

If they used JP Post EMS, then you are probably in luck, but you will need to fight for your cash back from Ebates. Why on Earth Ebates would consider JP Post EMS a freight forwarding service is beyond me. It seems like they do this either selectively or ignorantly to deny cash back. It happened back on the WUS thread to a member named "JakeJD". I sent Jake some personal messages last month to find out what happened to him. He had Ebates deny his cash back because he used JP Post EMS and Ebates considered them a freight forwarding service. Jake had a large sum of cash back coming to him, so he assumed the denial was baseless and was more about Ebates trying to save the money. So he fought them. He e-mailed customer service every day until they gave in as a one time courtesy. Lots of us (including me) have received JP Post EMS shipments and still received our cash back. So I think you have good grounds to stand on if this is the case.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

Sorry yellowbear... just read your post more carefully and saw that the seller used Sagawa Express, not JP Post EMS. I would still fight it with Ebates. The point is that the seller was supposed to ship and acceptable way and did not! That's not your fault. FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!! That was the main argument that JakeJD used to win his case.
yellowbear
MoT Member

Post by yellowbear »

Kirk B wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:08 pm Sorry yellowbear... just read your post more carefully and saw that the seller used Sagawa Express, not JP Post EMS. I would still fight it with Ebates. The point is that the seller was supposed to ship and acceptable way and did not! That's not your fault. FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!! That was the main argument that JakeJD used to win his case.
Thank you for the info and tips, Kirk. I've been e-mailing Ebates back and forth and the only thing they gave me was a $50 "Valued Member Bonus", which I would earn on my next purchase. I've also sent an e-mail to the seller, but it's still early morning hours there so no response yet...
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:38 pm From a non-participating Rakuten purchasing forum member, seem getting cashback from RGM is threading a needle and a big gamble.
I feel the same way...totally looks like a crapshoot. Seems like more often then not sellers take your money, keep it as long as they can, then cancel your order and refund.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

FTE wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 am
TheJohnP wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:38 pm From a non-participating Rakuten purchasing forum member, seem getting cashback from RGM is threading a needle and a big gamble.
I feel the same way...totally looks like a crapshoot. Seems like more often then not sellers take your money, keep it as long as they can, then cancel your order and refund.
Agreed, it's definitely a gamble. Especially when dealing with purchases from Japan where most sellers have a policy of no returns. But it's a gamble that can pay off! I had Ebates remove my 26% cash back because they couldn't verify my purchase. I kept screen shots of EVERYTHING and sent those to Ebates. Within 24 hours they returned my cash back. So it got resolved, but honestly I was sick to my stomach over that ordeal. I had posted some feedback on some Austin Daniels YouTube videos about using RGM and deleted those comments after that experience. Watch buying is supposed to be fun, not stressful!!! I personally will continue to use Ebates and RGM, but I am NOT going to recommend it to others. There's potential high gain, but also high risk. I'm still waiting a bit anxiously until 2/15 when I actually get my money. I'll only celebrate my win once that money is in my hands.

[img][/img]
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

As PetWatch reported in the thread below, Ebates has now been renamed Rakuten. Rakuten is still called Rakuten as well.

http://manontime.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=225
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Cross posting from the deals thread:

Ebates + Rakuten Global deal. Just visited the RG page at Ebates and it looks like there are some in-cart discounts available or (and?) super points. Plus the 4% cash back. Seems like these coupon codes of theirs expire when they hit a pre-set amount of total savings, so they might not last until the exp. date.

https://www.ebates.com/globalrakuten.com

I wonder if you could get the in-cart discount and the 10% super points (and the 4% cash back). Hmmm....

[img]http://www.manontime.com/download/file.php?id=290&t=1[/img]

Cash Back Exclusions: "Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on the purchase or redemption of gift cards. Cash Back is not available on a purchase shipped to Japan or when freight forwarding services are used. Cash Back is not available on a purchase placed through the Ebates mobile app."
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Copying from the deals thread, source here. Bold and ellipsis mine:
As feedback for recent Rakuten purchase. I quickly received my watch from RichTime store on Global Rakuten. It is exactly as described and price was already good and then they reduced the tax in the final invoice. You can buy safely from them. ... it is basically new I am happy.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Lol -- wrong thread.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Rakuten (formerly Ebates) has 14% cash back at Rakuten Global Market.

This is part of a promotion for 14% cash back at a number of stores for one day (2/14) only so we are unlikely to see the cash back percentage increase at this time. However go to the link below for RGM coupons to sweeten the deal. $15 off when you order +$150, $22 off when you order +$200, and 10% Back in Super Points When You order $80+.

Cash Back Terms
Cash Back will be automatically added to your Rakuten account within a few weeks.

Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on the purchase or redemption of gift cards. Cash Back is not available on a purchase shipped to Japan or when freight forwarding services are used. Cash Back is not available on a purchase placed through the Rakuten mobile app.

https://www.rakuten.com/globalrakuten.com
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Keep an eye out for your Big Fat Checks from Ebates/Rakuten. I received mine today via PayPal.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yellowbear wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 am Well crap. I bought the green Oris Aquis from Rakuten Global that I posted in HUISABH and apparently the seller GOSH uses a freight forwarding service and Ebates won't give me the 20% cash back :cry: Has this happened to anyone else?

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... e930df.jpg[/IMG]

[img][/img]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Did you ever have any luck getting your cash back for this purchase? It's a bit confusing because all the watch listings from GOSH say the shipping is with Japan Post EMS, not Sagawa Express.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

uvalaw2005 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:28 am RGM invoices and ebates cash back showed up for my purchases overnight. Thanks to all for the advice. Remember when checking out with PayPal to select your card with no foreign transaction fees and choose to pay with yen. After selecting your card, if it showing a price in USD and PayPal's exchange rate, click the link that says "View conversion options" and choose yen.

[img][/img]
Are we only able to choose yen when actually checking out or is there a way to set it so PayPal automatically uses local currency on every transaction with the card we select?
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.