We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

Just got a confirmation email from Richtime. They took out the Japanese sales tax (8%) but add a commission (1.5%)on orders over 200,000 JPY.

They don’t take PayPal but asked for confirmation of total charges (after tax removal and shipping) before proceeding to charge the card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

ILiveOnWacker wrote:Just got a confirmation email from Richtime. They took out the Japanese sales tax (8%) but add a commission (1.5%)on orders over 200,000 JPY.

They don’t take PayPal but asked for confirmation of total charges (after tax removal and shipping) before proceeding to charge the card.

Richtime is a great seller. I bought my Sinn 556 from them and everything went perfectly. Although I did get hit with a $200 duty charge in Canada...

The store I just bought my Marinemaster 200 from said they keep the 8% sales tax on international orders as a commission fee which is annoying. But it was a pretty good deal so I just ordered anyways
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

RGM is back to just 4% cash back.
Penfold36
MoT Member

Post by Penfold36 »

My order from GOSH just got cancelled. No reason given, but I suspect it had something to do with the credit card. I don't know how the rest of you do it, but I can never get the credit card orders to go through. I don't know why some of the merchants say they accept credit card orders. It never seems to work for me. I usually only stick with the PayPal merchants but thought I would give it a shot again. Oh well. I tried. It was a good deal on the Oris Chronoris though.
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

ILiveOnWacker wrote:Just got a confirmation email from Richtime. They took out the Japanese sales tax (8%) but add a commission (1.5%)on orders over 200,000 JPY.

My credit card was charged without issue and the watch shipped last night.

I also got ebates confirmation of cashback, so everything seems to be progressing so far!

ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

ILiveOnWacker wrote:

My credit card was charged without issue and the watch shipped last night.

I also got ebates confirmation of cashback, so everything seems to be progressing so far!

Just got my watch. Paid for it Sunday night and it shipped Monday morning. Everything has gone smoothly for me this round.

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Congrats! Seems like everybody's on the Omega train lately.

Wear in good health!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

whoagorgeous wrote:Congrats! Seems like everybody's on the Omega train lately.

Wear in good health!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I always thought I’d be more Rolex when I started collecting, but I’ve definitely fallen for Omega (thanks to Rakuten)

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

ILiveOnWacker wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:57 am
Just got my watch. Paid for it Sunday night and it shipped Monday morning. Everything has gone smoothly for me this round.

Congrats! I just joined the Omega club too. Great looking watch.
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

Stretch44 wrote:

This is all thanks to Rakuten:

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

ILiveOnWacker wrote:
Stretch44 wrote:

This is all thanks to Rakuten:

You guys are making me feel like I should join the Omega x Rakuten club. One day I will own a Seamaster.
phoenix844884

Post by phoenix844884 »

My question is -

Many stores have terrific prices but don't have an international shipping option by default. They say - "This product cannot be shipped directly to Us United States from the store. Please use a package forwarding service >>"

How can one purchase from such listings/stores and still avail the eBates/Rakuten Cashback?
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

phoenix844884 wrote:My question is -

Many stores have terrific prices but don't have an international shipping option by default. They say - "This product cannot be shipped directly to Us United States from the store. Please use a package forwarding service >>"

How can one purchase from such listings/stores and still avail the eBates/Rakuten Cashback?
Usually you can't in my experience. So I just avoid those stores. But if people have a workaround I'd love to hear it. Usually Ebates will deny it when any other form of shipping is used
phoenix844884

Post by phoenix844884 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:06 am

Usually you can't in my experience. So I just avoid those stores. But if people have a workaround I'd love to hear it. Usually Ebates will deny it when any other form of shipping is used
Then where does Rakuten Global Express come in? What if one shipped the item in this type of a listing to their RGX address (and consequently shipped onward), will eBates/Rakuten honor the cashback or not?
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

phoenix844884 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:36 am
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:06 am

Then where does Rakuten Global Express come in? What if one shipped the item in this type of a listing to their RGX address (and consequently shipped onward), will eBates/Rakuten honor the cashback or not?
You are absolutely correct, this is where RGX applies. When searching RGM if you select Japan as your home country, then you'll get a LOT more options available to you as far as the variety of product. The store can ship directly to your RGX address in Japan and Rakuten will still honor the cash back. The only down side is some additional cost with using RGX. So it might not make a lot of sense with a $100 watch, but makes a lot of sense with a $4,000 watch!